Small Unit Tactics contact patriot-dawn Patriot Rising

A different approach to the AR charging handle

Home Forums The Armory – Gear and Equipment Weapons A different approach to the AR charging handle

This topic contains 45 replies, has 16 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of First Sergeant First Sergeant 1 year, 3 months ago.

Viewing 16 posts - 31 through 46 (of 46 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of BrigandActual
    BrigandActual
    Participant

I like the AXTS raptor (it is resold undercseveral brands). Geissele also makes one.

"Man is still the first weapon of war" - Field Marshal Montgomery

Matt B - VA

Profile photo of Virgil Kane
    Virgil Kane
    Participant

I have a couple of left handed shooters in the family. I’ve been looking at the Geissele Airborne CH. It has lower profile handles. Does anybody have experience with it?

Masters II
    Georgia
    June 2017 Intro CQB, FOF-Team Deplorables
    October 2017 MVT South - CTT/DA
    March 2018 DCH

Profile photo of Max Velocity
    Max
    Keymaster

“The best one you can get to mitigate that issue is the BCM Gunfighter Mod 4. It is the medium latch.”

I now have this in my 6920 OEM2. Thanks Scott. Good call.

Not sure if they do a left handed version. Yes, left handers need the latch on the right side, ideally.

Profile photo of JohnnyMac
    JohnnyMac
    Participant
    Profile photo of Justin
    osozorro
    Participant

As a left eye dominate shooter (or devil’s spawn as Max called it), I advocate for a BCM gunfighter charging handle. Don’t do the whole ambi thing. This creates a dependence on it and if you or your loved one picks up a standard AR you will be left fumbling for “where it normally is” Just my 2c. YMMV.

Profile photo of Trailman
    trailman
    Participant

The problem is he is a hardcore lefty, I’ve been trying to re-train him but its an issue.

CRM, CTT 1501, CP11/15, CTT5/16, FoF, DCH, CLC Opfor, Team Minion

Just remember, Anne Frank was a criminal because the government made her one and she died because she broke the law.

Profile photo of A_A_Ron2guns
    A_A_Ron2guns
    Participant

If it’s ambi it won’t matter in another person picks it up. Still works with right and wrong handed folks! BCM is what you seek my friends!

You are what you do, when it counts. -The Masao

Not the other Aaron's in this industry!

Profile photo of Justin
    osozorro
    Participant

If it’s ambi it won’t matter in another person picks it up. Still works with right and wrong handed folks! BCM is what you seek my friends!

You didn’t catch my point. It’s not if someone picks up their rifle with an ambi, it’s if they pick up my non-ambi and get caught looking for an ambi when they should have already charged the weapon. Those extra seconds or minute could be the difference.

A_A_Ron2guns
    Participant

I thinking you’re overthinking this. I’ve seen left handed shooters work a standard charging handle easily. It doesn’t require more than another inch or two of movement.

You’re stuck on finding a hardware solution when it’s a software problem.

Pick a solution and run. Either you exclusively use ambi stuff for your group or you don’t or you stop worrying about it and just go train.

I’ll be even more blunt. If they are stuck looking for a solution on your rifle and those precious seconds are what get them killed the problem was training, planning and mindset years before. Software. Not hardware.

Honestly I don’t worry about other people using my rifle. If that happens I won’t be long for this world anyhow.

Profile photo of Justin
    osozorro
    Participant

Trailman said his family member is hardcore lefty not willing to compromise. As you say software issue. My battle buddy and I are on the same page and train. I’m just saying he should learn to run guns as he may find them… all types of guns… that would include a gun someone’s equipped to run from the wrong side. Don’t be the guy (figuratively speaking) who doesn’t know how to run your buddy’s gun because it doesn’t have ACME brand hardware. I’m not over thinking anything. If it ain’t broke…

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

If you’re a Lefty, just use your right to pull the charging handle with fore and middle finger on either side and release. Simple. No need for gizmos.

A_A_Ron2guns
    Participant

Hardcore lefties ruin everything ;-)

Profile photo of Justin
    osozorro
    Participant

:good: Like Max said devil’s spawn. :yahoo:

Profile photo of Max Velocity
    Max
    Keymaster

Burn all the lefties at the stake, for being devils spawn. Job done. Problem solved.

Along with the godless commie AK users.

And HABU afficonados!

Amd you can manipulate a standard charging handle left side support side.

:yahoo:

Profile photo of Trailman
    trailman
    Participant

Burn all the lefties at the stake, for being devils spawn. Job done. Problem solved.

:yahoo:

I don’t shoot him once all weekend, not even in the back, and he calls my kid the devils spawn. :unsure:

I’m gonna have to work with the boy and just see where it falls out.

CRM, CTT 1501, CP11/15, CTT5/16, FoF, DCH, CLC Opfor, Team Minion

Just remember, Anne Frank was a criminal because the government made her one and she died because she broke the law.

Profile photo of First Sergeant
    First Sergeant

“The best one you can get to mitigate that issue is the BCM Gunfighter Mod 4. It is the medium latch.”

I now have this in my 6920 OEM2. Thanks Scott. Good call.

Not sure if they do a left handed version. Yes, left handers need the latch on the right side, ideally.

You’re welcome.

FILO
    Signal out, can you identify.
    Je ne regrette rien...
    Klagt Nicht, Kämpft

Viewing 16 posts - 31 through 46 (of 46 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.