Small Unit Tactics contact patriot-dawn Patriot Rising

A failure to plan is a plan to fail.

Home Forums Operational and Strategic Levels A failure to plan is a plan to fail.

This topic contains 24 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Lineman Lineman 2 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Max Velocity
    Max
    Keymaster

I posted this on The Patriot ACE page Arthur Mills set up on FB. The concept needs a lot of work to expand. To a certain degree more then I’m qualified to do, but I’m interested in what people think.

I think often times what is lacking in the patriot movement as a whole is a strategic vision with a beginning and an actionable and achievable end objective achieve through phases.

The western world on the whole has been subjected to communist psychological subversion at least since the sixties. This consists of a four phase program starting with demoralization, then destabilization, a move towards crisis and ends with normalization. Some may be familiar with these phases and some may not. However, we’ve been subjected to three generations or demoralization. The objective of demoralization is to convolute right from wrong. It basically stops people from mounting an effective moral opposition as when you don’t believe in anything, you won’t fight for anything. Destabilization is when society becomes divided and no one can seem to find common ground to get along. We are in the later stages of this phase currently. A social crisis happens and open warfare starts in support of social change. In the final phase communist Utopia is seen as the solution to the contrived crisis and for most including me this constitutes a dystopia.

Fundamentally phases show us strategically where we are at and they dictate mission. Mission dictates doctrine. Doctrine dictates training and training implements actualization. So without a strategy nothing happens.

I personally see the phases as fundamentally – Moralization, Self-sufficiency, self-governance and finally self-determination. Moralization involves a belief in right from wrong and good from bad. Self-sufficiency involves providing for yourself, your family and friends and your community by your own hard work. Self-Governance is the belief in the rule of law and that the best society is one in which people police themselves. That the law is a framework to determine the truth and settle disputes or wrongs that people cannot settle amongst themselves. Finally self-determination is the ability for people to do what is both good for themselves, their community, and their country; instead of being manipulated into doing what’s good for a few at the expense of the many.

Problems like welfare, gender confusion, tyrannical abuse of the law, central economic planning, the police state and contrived wars in support of a few become obsolete social constructs in an World that doesn’t believe in them.

Max
    Keymaster

Given that state that we are in right now can this be reversed / fixed?

Is a breakdown / collapse / reset the only way to fix this?

Given that you may plan to ride the tiger, but what comes out the other end of a collapse may not be the moral society you want.

I wrote about sustainable communities in ‘Contact!’ back in 2011 – this concept has now become somewhat trendy with talk of tribe – is that where we are heading with the Balkanization of this country?

Max
    Keymaster

I’m not really sure that the move from destabilization into crisis can be overted. However, I believe strategically in a parallel strategy. That you have to be reactionary to threats, and proactive in pursuit of your own end game.

I think community building is important. Not just in the sense of group security or mutual economic benefit, but for social reasons too. I don’t think a society exists for the support of an economy or a political apparatus. These things exist in support of society.

Profile photo of tango
    tango
    Participant

There is definitely an extremely limited (nonexistent) strategy encompassing this “patriot movement” group of people who would identify as part of it. The best strategic solution that we could all work on was posted elsewhere (Edit: Mosby, “mountainguerrilla”), and I’ll quote the most expedient part:

The simple answer is the correct answer, according to the greater part of the collective human experience, over the last 200,000 years of anatomically-modern human social development: it’s about your community. Quit worrying about other people’s values, and focus on the survival of the values of your friends and family. Quit trying to impose your beliefs and supposed moral superiority on other people, and teach the children of your community what you believe are superior moral values. If you’re right, it will prove out in the end, by the success of your community, and others nearby will start looking at why your community is successful, and will follow suit. Voila! Your moral supremacy wins out in the end. If you’re wrong? Then your community will fail, because your morality was unsustainable in the real world. The people within your community will look elsewhere for cultural values that work for them, and will go there.

If we define our strategic end-game goal—our “major or overall aim”—as “the survival of my community/tribe/church’s cultural values,” then we can begin developing a strategy for achieving that goal.

Make sure your strategy is in fact achievable. “Survive” is not an achievable strategy.

Unless our own people start working locally, building the foundations, simplify everything, and get some real things done we will never truly accomplish anything. The current pervasive cynical attitude will continue to piss and moan about how awful things are without offering any solutions. TOXIC!

If you, or anyone else reading, truly wants to work with me on this feel free to post here or PM.

Baptême du feu
    L'appel du vide

Max
    Keymaster

@tango: is that Mosby quote? If so, attribute it – Mosby is not a banned quantity on here at all. I don’t disagree with it. I heard him on ‘Tier One Viking radio’ the other day (courtesy of link by Bjorn on FB) and enjoyed what he had to say. In fact, I was writing about sustainable communities in ‘Contact!’ back in 2011 – now, tribe is the current in vogue expression, and I’m not sure how many in America have any sort of chance at real tribe right now. You have to have real skin in the game to be real clan / tribe. It’s not a ‘cost benefit calculation’ – it’s: I will help my clan member right or wrong!

I too have a cynical attitude about anything ‘National’ and “Movement.’ I think local and community / tribe is the way to go, if you can achieve it. The usual ‘prepper meet up off a website’ usually doesn’t cut it unless you can get to that mutual trust point. One way to do that is by mutual hard training / unpleasant experiences with each other in hard situations. Training, whether tactical or outward bound.

That is why it simply doesn’t work to send your one guy to MVT to go through the training. Most of it is not transferable without MVT being there, and you benefit by the shared experience. That is one reason why remote private classes are a good idea, at your place.

Max
    Keymaster

I wish there was a like button on here.

I wouldn’t doubt if that was a quote from Mosby. I believe it’s not enough to “survive”, the real goal is to thrive.

I don’t think it’s important to force believes on the world, so much as normal people to have a belief in normal things and work within a social framework that an average person can agree with 90% of. The problem with hardcore social demoralization is that everything as been reduced to a preference. Like preferring strawberries over blueberries, but not caring if they never see either one again.

Essentially that is why I think moralization is the first phase and it exists mostly at home in a persons heart. Part of caring about your community more then a passing preference, is that you are willing to take care of so it survives, but also so it will thrive.

I think there are plenty of organizations and movements and it is healthy to have variety so that the best ones survive and the worst ones fail. I think they are prone to insider threats, disinformation and misinformation campaigns, and just failing for relatively unknown reasons. One plan is a plan to fail, and a million plans mean some will succeed and some fail, but many will make progress.

I don’t prefer tribe or clan, as informal bonds don’t come with duties and responsibilities or benefits and bonuses.

Max
    Keymaster

This could be way out in left field.

Basically there are strategic, operational and tactical levels of operations. Corresponding from a large area to a small area, but even in the small area (locally/in your community) strategy dictates missions, missions dictate doctrine, doctrine dictates training and training dictates actualization on the tactical level.

So without not just an eye on enemy operations, what is their strategy and TTP, but also what is your own strategy then time and resources can be wasted on ill conceived mission, wasted training and diminished capacity when it comes time for actualization.

If you say – this enemy is pushing for crisis and working towards moving to normalization operations, then a missions could be de-escalating the crisis or surviving it. Building a community is a reactionary mission in support of surviving/thriving in a crisis. On the opposite front if say – we are in the moralization phase of operations, then we need to do a basic PSYOP study of our AO and begin an information campaign in support of the community. Maybe that the community and surrounding areas are worth saving, they are worth fighting for; for now and future generations.

Profile photo of tango
    tango
    Participant

@Max, that is from Mosby. Edit to his credit has been added.

@Bjorn, did you notice that I said simplify? What you have just done with both of those lengthy posts is contemplate extensively. We see this a LOT within this community. Huge, long posts about “I think…I believe…Maybe this…but what about that…” and there’s never a direction or decision. There’s also no basis for most of the statements since they are hypothesizing on something FAR removed from their own conceivable view.

Presented here is a strategy. The whole point is that it is simple enough that everyone can pursue it in their own way to achieve the common goal. That’s called decentralized leadership. This is why the terrorists are so effective. This is why the liberals are so effective. This is how we need to learn to be effective. Make the choice on whether or not you agree and stick with it. Feel free to pursue it in your own way.

Don’t fall into the rut of thinking of everything in TTPs, procedures, doctrine, etc. As Max would say: “Good Germans”. The bureaucracy and supreme organization is not the point – the strategy of preserving our values is. Getting caught up in building a TTP for everything most often detracts from the decentralized leadership idea. Everything you do should relate back to the goal of preserving our values and people have to be free to execute that with their own creative methods.

Grab a hold of the idea. Find your own way of building towards it. Empower others to do the same. Support them no matter what. As Max said:

You have to have real skin in the game to be real clan / tribe. It’s not a ‘cost benefit calculation’ – it’s: I will help my clan member right or wrong!

Baptême du feu
    L'appel du vide

Max
    Keymaster

I believe successful ventures are planned and the end result is the result of working the plan and making slight adjustments or major adjustments.

I am working at building a sustainable community, which I’ve been doing for a long time. Although I’ve gotten a lot better at it since I’ve been researching systematic methods.

One of the problems with the Internet is it can be the playground of long winded jerk off discussions, but I also think it’s better to measure twice and cut once. So if in the planning phase other people’s advice on mistakes they’ve made prevents the same mistakes from repeating and the resources like time are not wasted on fruitless effort.

Profile photo of Lineman
    Lineman
    Participant

How long you been at it Bjorn and what are some of your successes…Was your community already a self sufficient one that you had a good base to draw from or did you have to start fresh…

Max
    Keymaster

We started a local group in Oct 2004. From the beginning it had a name, but the structure was very loose up until 2014 when we switched to a members system. Basically what I found out is that when people don’t have a system of obligations, duties and responsibilities thing are nebulous and a core tends to do everything, everyone feels like they have a say, but don’t feel bound to do anything. Since then we’ve been making pretty consistent growth in a positive direction.

I bought a quarter section east of the city in 2010 and tomorrow I’m moving out there, to work at building a community. Which is to say taking a formal group and building an intentional place to live and thrive. It’s probably a couple of years from coming to real fruition, but it’s been a long term plan and these things take time.

I also think things like honor or loyalty only mean something to people who believe in it. Just like swearing an oath to uphold the constitution only means something to people with honor. I feel like unless you really know someone, you don’t know if they are a good person and a compatible person for the group. I think shitty people worry about everyone have to get along with them, while good people know social boundaries and how giving and getting help works.

Profile photo of Lineman
    Lineman
    Participant

Is the area conducive to that or if you get sideways of the law are you going to be easily ostracized like the Branch Davidians… How big of city are you next to and how far away are they…How big of group can your piece of land support, and is everyone going to be living on it or just using it as a fall back place if it all goes south… Are you using a more military approach on your planning or like a business… Are you the leader of your group?

Profile photo of Joe (G.W.N.S.)
    Joe (G.W.N.S.)

…I’m moving out there, to work at building a community. Which is to say taking a formal group and building an intentional place to live and thrive.

Sounds like you have a plan, I wish you luck in these endeavors.

…a core tends to do everything…

Pretty common, the old saying goes if you need something done right away, find the busiest person to get it done.

I think often times what is lacking in the patriot movement as a whole is a strategic vision with a beginning and an actionable and achievable end objective achieve through phases.

First you need a network of groups like what you are attempting with common vision, then you can try for a larger vision. The grassroots approach, vice the top down.

I would rather die with my ideals intact, than be victorious by becoming all that I oppose!

This why I can never be truly defeated!

Max
    Keymaster

Lineman.

I have owned the land long enough to know my Neighbours and make some friends.

I think any community has to strike a balance between being part of the greater community and also being it’s own community. We’re not a cult and we’re not communists so people can work anywhere and people can to a certain degree come and go as they please. Basically like any community.

It’s just under a 100km from a city of a million people. It’s far enough that for people to walk a hundred km to get there they would have to be pretty tough.

A 165 acres can easily support 150 people if they had to hunker down and just live there. I wouldn’t say the community will be autonomous, like it could survive in a total bubble but I think it’s rural and full of farmers so thriving isn’t really that hard as farmers produce something of value – food.

It’ll be organized under a strata title like a condo board, and I’m part of it, but I wouldn’t say I’m the leader and it will have a community security element as a community watch cuts down on non-sense.

GWNS.

Thanks. I think lots of people are making plans and working their plans so some will succeed and some will fail, and many will plot on and grow.

I think the strategic level of operations (national or international) is different then having a strategy. Communists for example have a national/international strategy of driving the west to a crisis, but it’s applied tactically. So I think if a group only exists in a small AO they can think globally and act locally.

Profile photo of Lineman
    Lineman
    Participant

Are you planning on having a lot of homes spread out on it or a centralized location of where everyone lives and the rest for farming…You planning on having several Wells or just a main one with a water tower for pressure… Are you planning on having electric like solar, wind, geothermal, or hydro…You going to have a waste treatment plant or several septic fields…Are you planning on having livestock or just plant life…These are just some of the things I’ve thought of and wonder what you had done..

Max
    Keymaster

I put in a km of road three years ago, so at the end of it it’s going to have a nine acre portion set aside as a kind of condensed urban area, if that makes any sense. A few five acre farms, a few one acre farms off the sides and it has two one acre chainlink fenced lay downs at the entrance. So overt access and egress is controlled by the main road and the rest will be common area.

It has plenty of water on it already but it needs a few wells that run into a common cistern and a septic field for the main area and each farm. The govt here is not overtly unfriendly to off grid living, but they are covertly unfriendly with their policy of wanting grid tie in. It currently has an off grid power system on it and I’m going to expand on it, there may come a point where the community is forced to grid tie, but if the govt goes under I’ll drill a gas well and run generators off natural gas for free, plus the cost of maintenance.

I kept dairy cows and sheep there for a couple of years. I read John Seymours guide to self sufficiency a few years ago and his system of farming centers around a variety of animals, but mostly at least one dairy cow. I applied his methods in the past successfully, and although I think it’s important that people have private enterprise I think his system works really well and I would encourage anyone to use it.

I think a community is very organic on one level and very structured on another. So if you build shops and rent them out or sell them people will ply their buisness and if it’s a shitty business it will go out of business. I also think that a community that is aesthetically pleasing is desirable to live in, so if it is well planned then people will like living there. I also think to get real community ownership there has to be room for people to own their own place, people to rent and people to come visit.

Profile photo of tango
    tango
    Participant

@Bjorn, I hope you don’t think we’re ganging up on you or grilling you. All of this is very interesting and we definitely appreciate your contributions. Hope to meet you at class someday.

Baptême du feu
    L'appel du vide

Max
    Keymaster

To be honest I think open and frank discussion is how the best laid plans are vetted for probability of success and plausibility.

I will keep you guys abreast and it would be great to train with you guys.

Profile photo of Lineman
    Lineman
    Participant

Cool sounds like you have a pretty decent plan… Just a couple more questions what natural physical barriers do you have between you and that city of 1mil that’s 60 miles away…Anything that you can use to block access if your direction is a natural line of drift…On the natural gas things with Generators do you have the oil and gas rights to your property and if you do will the electric companies buy your excess power if you started producing now…Also do you live here in the US or Canada which if thats to much info for you to divulge don’t answer…Also thanks for sharing info that’s how we make each other better…

Max
    Keymaster

There really isn’t much of a barrier. The land is largely flat and pretty bald. Its located in Northern Alberta so half the year is too cold for people to wonder a 100 km.

I don’t have any mineral rights, but in a WROL scenario I own the mineral right by the fact I am there. The area is full of coal so in the same situation I wouldn’t hesitate to mine what I could.

Joe (G.W.N.S.)

Its located in Northern Alberta so half the year is too cold for people to wonder a 100 km.

I suspect unless they had a specific destination in mind most would go South, maybe even East or West.

I would rather die with my ideals intact, than be victorious by becoming all that I oppose!

Profile photo of Lineman
    Lineman
    Participant

Sounds like plan;)

Max
    Keymaster

I’m of the mind set, which is sort of a Mosby quote, stop waiting for the revolution and be the revolution you want to be.

If I live out my days having fun and living where I want largely minding my own business and the world is on the slow burn down I’ll do great and if it pulls it together I’ll still do great and if it goes full retard I’ll also do great.

Joe (G.W.N.S.)

If I live out my days having fun and living where I want largely minding my own business and the world is on the slow burn down I’ll do great and if it pulls it together I’ll still do great and if it goes full retard I’ll also do great.

Prepare to live, don’t live to prepare! :good:

Profile photo of Lineman
    Lineman
    Participant

:good:

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.