Small Unit Tactics contact patriot-dawn Patriot Rising

Accident Today

Home Forums The Lounge Accident Today

This topic contains 49 replies, has 40 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Tom xsquidgator 1 year, 5 months ago.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 50 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Max Velocity
    Max
    Keymaster

Wife and baby were in a head on collision this morning. Baby OK, Christie having CT scan. Currently at the McDonalds near the Warrenton ER with the kids getting them fed.

Culpeper Sheriff department exellent. A female deputy that we know from the school arrived with Christie’s effects from the totalled car. We tols her the issue that I had no car seat for the baby. She went to Walmart and bought one for $160, and I only had $120 cash to give her. She tried to pass it off but HELL NO! She get the money. Wondering if MVT can do anything for the Sheriff office.

I am a little behind on mailing patch orders. Was going to do today, but will be a little delayed.

Also supposed to be up at VTC on Saturday for arrival of the SF team, but will have to review that on today’s results. Scott may have to take up the slack on that.

It was a minivan, it is totalled. Christie had to climb out from behind the dashboard which had shifted onto her, he legs are all cut up, and they are worried about her abdomen, which is in pain, despite airbag maybe from the steering wheel?

Profile photo of Jake
    Weber
    Participant

Hopefully Christie is not seriously hurt. Prayers for you and your family. Take care and keep us posted on the family.

My mom said I could be anything I wanted to be when I grew up. So I chose to be a man.

Max
    Keymaster

P.S. guy pulled out from the right to turn left onto the road she was driving on. She intially tried to go right, then left to avoid him. Ended up in the ditch on the left. He was cited for failure to yield on a left turn.

Profile photo of Virgil Kane
    Virgil Kane
    Participant

I’m glad they are OK and hoping the CT comes back clean. Seatbelts and airbags save lives, but they can do some damage too.

Masters II
    Georgia
    June 2017 Intro CQB, FOF-Team Deplorables
    October 2017 MVT South - CTT/DA
    March 2018 DCH

Profile photo of Darkrivers
    Darkrivers
    Participant

I hope that everything turns out ok. Our thoughts will be with you and your family.

If you're gonna fight, fight like you're the 3rd monkey on the ramp to Noah's Ark... And Brother, it's starting to rain! James from Texas

Profile photo of zeerf
    zeerf
    Participant

I also hope everything turns out OK. Thoughts with you and your family.

Great to hear about the Culpeper Sheriff department and would be a great idea to do something for them once things smooth out.

Let us know if there is anything we can do to help out.

For now sounds like patience on patch orders and willingness to jump in and help out when able if needed.

Profile photo of Wild Bill
    wildbill
    Participant

Patches can wait family comes first. Our thoughts and prayers are with you, Christie and the kids, just let us all know if there is anything we can do.

Western North Carolina ― LRMC-1 Sept. 2017, CQBC May 2017, DCH March 2017, RS & CTT October. 2016, CTT 1511, LN 1

“We don't rise to the level of our expectations, we fall to the level of our training.” ― Archilochos

“I do believe that, where there is only a choice between cowardice and violence, I would advise violence..." - Gandhi

Profile photo of JohnnyMac
    JohnnyMac
    Participant

Shit, I hope everything checks out ok!

Profile photo of Trailman
    trailman
    Participant

Sacrifices to Odin made. Glad everyone walked out from it.

CRM, CTT 1501, CP11/15, CTT5/16, FoF, DCH, CLC Opfor, Team Minion

Just remember, Anne Frank was a criminal because the government made her one and she died because she broke the law.

Profile photo of Wes
    wesmc
    Participant

Thankful all walked away, and hope your wife checks out ok. Thoughts and prayers for you and the family.

C2G Feb 2015, CTT March 2016, CQB June 2018

Profile photo of Tommy
    T
    Participant

Sorry to hear that. In my prayers.

Tommy

Profile photo of RonW
    farmer
    Participant

Prayers are with you & your family. Any way I can help, let me know. Not that far from you or VTC.

farmer

RonW

Profile photo of wheelsee
    wheelsee
    Participant

Hope everything turns out OK. At the very least, Christie is going to feel like she went 15 rounds with Mike Tyson……. PM sent

Which is heavier - a soldier's pack or a slave's chains? Napoleon

Strength, Honor. Maximus (Gladiator)

If you tolerate evil, you yourself are evil.
    Col Hugo Martinez, Commander Search Bloc

William, in The Republic - CRS/CTT 2017, HEAT 2/CQB/FonF 2018, DCH 2018

Profile photo of Mountain Mom
    gramma
    Participant

Oh my… surely hope that Christie is going to be OK. Cars can be replaced; people can’t.

I’ll spend extra time today & tomorrow sending good thoughts & energy your way.

Profile photo of Jason Howe
    BrothersKeeper
    Participant

Praying for a full and quick recovery. Take care of family first. Silly patches can wait. Let us know if we can help. Peace brother.

Land Nav 06/15
    Rifle Skills/CTT/CP
    10/15
    CLC 04/17
    Alumni Live Fire 08/18

Don’t let your past define your future.

Profile photo of Dark Knight Scott
    Scott G
    Participant

I live near Warrenton, I wont be home until 500=530pmish from work, but if you need anything, let me know.

Prayers for the family!!

Northern VA Area

CRCD #1 Alumnus

Profile photo of Diomedes
    diomedes
    Participant

Hey @maxvelocity,
    if I can do anything from the medical perspective or offer advice referrals, let me know.
    in my thoughts.

Profile photo of Justin
    osozorro
    Participant

Praying for your family. Hope all is well.

Profile photo of Joe (G.W.N.S.)
    Joe (G.W.N.S.)

All of you are in my Prayers!

Keep us updated as time allows.

Max
    Keymaster

Max
    Keymaster

Recovered everyone home. Baby running around as if nothing happened. Christie in bed in a lot of pain, broken finger, lacerations and severe bruising, nothing else broken no serious internal bleeding.

I’m frankly amazed. She called me and I got on the scene just as she was leaving in the ambulance. The car had started to burn. There was one door, the offside front, which could be opened. A passing motorist (who was black) stopped and helped her out, and got baby out, because she could not. He stayed till the cops arrived, and disappeared to work, unsung hero. Cops were awesome – see baby seat story above.

Fire Fighters had to spray the car down again as the tow truck guy was loading it as it started to burn again.

Profile photo of Mountain Mom
    gramma
    Participant

Holy Crap. They must’ve had guardian angels watching over them today. So glad, they’ll be alright and assistance was close at hand.

Profile photo of Wild Bill
    wildbill
    Participant

From the looks of the car they both were very lucky good to hear the baby is acting as if nothing happened. Nice to know that there are some great people both the Samaritan and the Sheriff’s deputies there.
    Just trying to picture you as Mr. Mom till Christie gets better :wacko:

Western North Carolina ― LRMC-1 Sept. 2017, CQBC May 2017, DCH March 2017, RS & CTT October. 2016, CTT 1511, LN 1

“We don't rise to the level of our expectations, we fall to the level of our training.” ― Archilochos

“I do believe that, where there is only a choice between cowardice and violence, I would advise violence..." - Gandhi

Profile photo of Barry Subelsky
    Sam Brady
    Participant

Prayers out

Profile photo of Brushpopper
    Brushpopper
    Participant

Max, glad to hear that everyone is home and is ok! My family and I will be praying for a speedy recovery for your wife! Good to hear about the first responders and the passing motorist helping out, good people out there!

~ Little - South Texas

Profile photo of Idaho Cajun
    idahocajun
    Participant

Holy hell Max, that’s crazy. The Idaho crew sends our regards and prayers for the family. Hope for a speedy recovery.

Profile photo of Davidcole
    Davidcole
    Participant

Glad everyone is home and safe.

Profile photo of D Close
    D Close

email sent. Sorry Max. Very glad it wasn’t worse.

The only easy day was yesterday

Profile photo of Pinky
    Pinky
    Participant

glad everyone is ok

"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms."
    -- Thomas Jefferson

Profile photo of Robin
    sbrgirl
    Participant

Glad mom and baby are both okay!

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 50 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.