Small Unit Tactics contact patriot-dawn Patriot Rising

African power armor

This topic contains 13 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Mayorphill Mayorphill 3 days, 16 hours ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Must watch the video. I can’t find the right words.

https://www.rt.com/news/448398-ghana-armored-car-military/

“…military exoskeleton suits have been unveiled in Ghana during a technological fair, highlighting the homegrown high-tech achievements of the country.”

Profile photo of Hessian
    Hessian
    Participant

new equipment to protect the entrance to Wakanda? :unsure:

Profile photo of RampantRaptor
    rampantraptor
    Participant

I’d expect this out of one of the shithole dictatorships, but Ghana? Come on, ya’ll can do better than this. ;-)

All joking aside, it doesn’t seem like something actually developed by the Ghanaian military itself, probably some local guy trying to make a name for himself.

#RaqqaSummer2017
    - - -
    Jîn, Jiyan, Azadî

Profile photo of Virgil Kane
    Virgil Kane
    Participant

Africa is finally providing the world with much needed technological research and advances.

Somali Tanks

African airplane inventors

Masters II
    Georgia
    June 2017 Intro CQB, FOF-Team Deplorables
    October 2017 MVT South - CTT/DA
    March 2018 DCH

Profile photo of Roadkill
    Roadkill
    Participant

At least they have rod holders on the back for when you need to stop and do some fishing.
    I think they must have just started watching Star Wars.

RS/CTT Nov 16
    HEAT1 Aug18

Profile photo of DuaneH
    DuaneH
    Participant

Africa is finally providing the world with much needed technological research and advances.

Somali Tanks

African airplane inventors

Welding with sunglasses and open toed shoes.

We definitely need open borders.

Appleseed.
    NOV2008 IBC
    OCT2009 FT Stewart
    OCT2010 RBC Known Distance Rifleman
    OCT2014&2015 Long Distance Rifleman
    JUN2015 1000 Yds

I.C.E/JAN2011 Combat Focus Shooting

Tactical Response
    JUN2009 Fighting Pistol
    JUL2009 Fighting Rifle
    AUG2010 Immediate Action Medical
    NOV2012 Way of the Rifle

Mountain Guerrilla/JUN2013-Irregular Warfare

MVT
    SEP2013&2014-CRCD
    OCT2014-CP
    MAR2015-RC1=RIFLEMAN!
    AUG2015-CCC
    SEP2016-CTT
    OCT2016-FOF
    TEAM COYOTE!

Profile photo of Winston
    winston
    Participant

Pretty sure the axels on that thing are about to break even at that spead. First bump with a full load and… :negative:

Yes, yes. I know my way around MVT.

Profile photo of Abacus
    Abacus
    Participant

I liked the initiative of the aircraft builders. That is what aviation looked like prior to 1903 everywhere after all. Before the Wright Brothers it was all crazy contraptions and comical failures. It’s not like their first bird was all that sophisticated either, it’s mostly just wood and cloth.

A portion of the typos in the above message might be my phone, the rest are just me.

I have been wrong before...

Profile photo of wheelsee
    wheelsee
    Participant

Seems to be a take-off of https://www.amazon.com/Kotobukiya-Jango-Attack-Clones-Statue/dp/B00BKND152?SubscriptionId=AKIAILSHYYTFIVPWUY6Q&tag=duckduckgo-ffab-20&linkCode=xm2&camp=2025&creative=165953&creativeASIN=B00BKND152

The vehicle itself – the ports along the side remind of the Spanish Galleons but these seem to be a weak point – i.e. sliding the cover open and dropping an incendiary or Molotov cocktail down…..

Which is heavier - a soldier's pack or a slave's chains? Napoleon

Strength, Honor. Maximus (Gladiator)

If you tolerate evil, you yourself are evil.
    Col Hugo Martinez, Commander Search Bloc

William, in The Republic - CRS/CTT 2017, HEAT 2/CQB/FonF 2018, DCH 2018

Profile photo of Virgil Kane
    Virgil Kane
    Participant

I liked the initiative of the aircraft builders. That is what aviation looked like prior to 1903 everywhere after all. Before the Wright Brothers it was all crazy contraptions and comical failures. It’s not like their first bird was all that sophisticated either, it’s mostly just wood and cloth.

That’s 115 years of experience to draw from. Haven’t we been developing countries and putting computers in classrooms for 30+ years?

I wonder if they can successfully make a paper airplane.

Masters II
    Georgia
    June 2017 Intro CQB, FOF-Team Deplorables
    October 2017 MVT South - CTT/DA
    March 2018 DCH

Profile photo of RampantRaptor
    rampantraptor
    Participant

Folks in those countries are generally poor as hell and the education systems aren’t top notch either, so it’s not unsurprising that you’ll find stuff like this online. Most folks in the US with a similar education level wouldn’t even attempt anything as crazy so it’s not fair to shit on them too hard.

In YPG we had a fair number of uparmored trucks and tractors.

https://foxtrotalpha.jalopnik.com/the-kurdish-homemade-tanks-may-look-funny-but-theyre-no-1640442470

I’m pretty certain I saw the first “panzer” (their term) in that article in Raqqa in the rear. Most of them were used by heavy weapons units in a support role to move guys around. By the time I got there the Americans had given us enough Humvees and IAG Guardians that the homemade stuff got relegated to a secondary role.

There are folks over there who are successfully building stuff on their own through the same scrap heaps.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/8257153.stm

#RaqqaSummer2017
    - - -
    Jîn, Jiyan, Azadî

Profile photo of JohnnyMac
    JohnnyMac
    Participant

Folks in those countries are generally poor as hell and the education systems aren’t top notch either, so it’s not unsurprising that you’ll find stuff like this online. Most folks in the US with a similar education level wouldn’t even attempt anything as crazy so it’s not fair to shit on them too hard.

Thank you. I agree

Profile photo of Joe (G.W.N.S.)
    Joe (G.W.N.S.)

There are folks over there who are successfully building stuff on their own through the same scrap heaps.

No doubt and much with a high level of sophistication given the conditions, but in this case I see more propaganda than function.

The key to survival improvisation is seeing what can be, vice what is! ;-)

Profile photo of Mayorphill
    Mayorphill
    Participant

Must watch the video. I can’t find the right words.

Low IQ

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.