Small Unit Tactics contact patriot-dawn Patriot Rising

AirSim: Recommended as an aid to training

Home Forums The Armory – Gear and Equipment Weapons AirSim: Recommended as an aid to training

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Max VelocityMax
    Keymaster

Looking ahead to MVT classes for 2019, and also as a reminder of this excellent training aid for force on target and force on force training in your own time, we have the recommended AirSim rifles for sale here at MVT.

I recommend the PTS Mega Arms MKM AR-15. All the offerings can be found in the Gear Store.

MVT GEAR STORE

This rifle is superior to the KWA LM4 that we have as a school rifle. It also allows you to set it up as your own training aid alongside your live fire rifle.

It’s not really about saving the $100 AirSim charge for using school gear at class, it’s really about making an initial investment into an excellent training aid that will not only be with you long term and for future classes, but is extremely cost effective to run with green gas and BBs. It’s an excellent idea even if you are not coming to any MVT Force on Force classes.

I made a video about the PTS AR-15:

Thanks!

Max

Profile photo of RobertRobert
    Participant

Thanks for the reminder, I need to get an AK on order.

Guys, running the numbers for us, this airsim equipment really works financially as well-

We average about 10,000 rounds a year in training classes, home practice, etc. at approximately $225. case (X39) this is $2,250. a year.

So if we cut that roughly by half with airsim (couple classes, some home practice with airsim), that could save us about a $1000. or so a year. For the two of us, that pays for the rifles and then some the first year.

No one is saying cut out all live fire, that would be crazy. But you could save a ton of cash utilizing airsim for a portion of your training.

Consider also the safety and OPSEC issues that are relieved. 5 days of live fire at our private range yielded a lot of questions coming my way from locals in that area. Do airsim and no one knows.

Again, I’m not saying no live fire, but I’m going to try to bring our ammo usage down a good bit next year with airsim.

www.jrhenterprises.com
    RMP, TC3, NODF, CRCD 6/14, CP 9/14. NODF, Land Nav, 6/15. Rifleman Challenge 9/15- Vanguard. FOFtactics 3/16, 10/16, 11/16, 6/17,11/17 CTT, 6/15, 11/16, , LRMC-1 9/17 GA Mobile CTT and DA 10/16, GA mobile DCH 3/18, HEAT1 3/18 Alum weekend 8/18, Opfor CLC 10/18, DA 11/18 CQBC 12/18

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.