Small Unit Tactics contact patriot-dawn Patriot Rising

Alumni Forum: IT Needs Your Feedback

Home Forums The Lounge Alumni Forum: IT Needs Your Feedback

This topic contains 27 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of tazeroo tazeroo 4 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Max Velocity
    Max
    Keymaster

As you are aware, there is an ongoing issue with the alumni forum. Some of you lost access because the alumni forum is set to have a time limit and it was set at 365 days. So some of you simply expired.

But some of you have written to me and I have checked and you are showing as active. But you are still saying you have no access? IT is looking at your profiles and saying you have access.

So, if you are an alumni and do not have access to the alumni forum, even if (especially if) you wrote to me before, then I need you to sound off here.

Now, I know most of this probably comes from some of you being semi-retarded, and it is probably mostly user error, so just for those of you: you can see the alumni forum listed in your forum list IF you have been added to the alumni forum manually by me by your request AND you are logged in.

Sound off here if you have permission for the alumni forum, but you cannot see the alumni forum when you are logged in. I will check and then pass anyone who is showing as active, but does not have access, to IT. If it turns out to be user error, you will be taken out to the impact area and blown as a blind.

Profile photo of Idaho Cajun
    idahocajun
    Participant

I just checked my account, says alumni. However, when I go to the drop down menu…I don’t see “alumni forum”. I even tried navigating from the home page. I see everything else: The Lounge, gear, etc…but no alumni forum. Maybe it’s all the windows I’ve been licking on the short bus… :unsure:

Profile photo of WTL
    veritas556
    Participant

I’m in the same boat as @idahocajun – nada. Tried different browsers too.

Profile photo of Roadkill
    Roadkill
    Participant

Same as above for me. Nowhere can I see the alumni link. I was kind of thinking Latest Activity was like the Alumni Forum. That’s all I ever look at at this point.

RS/CTT Nov 16
    HEAT1 Aug18

Max
    Keymaster

AHA! So, you are both semi-retarded after all!

Yes, you are both showing as active alumni. You are looking on your cell phone? I don’t see the alumni forum in the drop-down menu on my mobile device either.

The question is, when logged in, do you see it in the list of forums? That is to my right as I type here on desktop, but if you are reading this on mobile device, you will need to scroll all the way down till to see the list of forums.

Make sure you are logged in!

Please tell me this is the answer…..

Max
    Keymaster

Roadkill: same for you.

idahocajun
    Participant

Well…I may be semi-retarded, not gonna argue that point. I scrolled to the bottom as before. There is no Alumni Forum listed. All the others are there: fitness, gear, lounge, etc. Pretty sure I’m logged in.

idahocajun
    Participant

Here’s a screenshot to prove my low IQ…

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Max
    Keymaster

Ok, dammit, and I guess with you replying you have to be logged in. There’s to hoping for a simple answer.

Others please sound off. Passing this to IT. Or maybe they could bother their ass to read this actual thread? Maybe?

Max
    Keymaster

Eagle23 also does not have access.

Profile photo of tazeroo
    tazeroo
    Participant

Account says Alumni expiry date Aug 28, 2019. However, no access. Thanks!

Roadkill
    Participant

Alumni not in list of forums. I am logged in. And I am semi retired.

RS/CTT Nov 16
    HEAT1 Aug18

Profile photo of BrigandActual
    BrigandActual
    Participant

I see the alumni forum in the list, and I see alumni post titles in the latest activity page, but I can’t actually open any of them. If I click the forum or a post, I am taken to the screen that says I need to request access.

I also haven’t emailed or sent a message to get it fixed, though.

"Man is still the first weapon of war" - Field Marshal Montgomery

Matt B - VA

Profile photo of Trailman
    trailman
    Participant

when I am in the alumni forum I cant see this thread, but I can get ot it from my email.

CRM, CTT 1501, CP11/15, CTT5/16, FoF, DCH, CLC Opfor, Team Minion

Just remember, Anne Frank was a criminal because the government made her one and she died because she broke the law.

Profile photo of WTL
    veritas556
    Participant

On desktop. Here is screenshot of profile page – no reference to Alumni. “Base”?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Profile photo of SeanT
    SeanT

Logged in on an iPad
    Can see alumi forum on right frame list
    Can follow that link and I posted a test

Max
    Keymaster

If you are having issues with the alumni forum, post here so IT can see your username.

Profile photo of Polynikes
    Polynikes
    Participant

Ok, dammit, and I guess with you replying you have to be logged in. There’s to hoping for a simple answer.

Others please sound off. Passing this to IT. Or maybe they could bother their ass to read this actual thread? Maybe?

Same exact issue for me.

George G. (the Greek) from PA

Polynikes
    Participant

Here’s a screenshot to prove my low IQ…

I meant to quote idahocajun (not Max).

Max
    Keymaster

Ok. Check again and let me know if you can see it. Mayne refresh / logout / in. Sound off!

Polynikes
    Participant

Yes, I can finally see and access it (third link under “Forums”) and the threads there also visible under “Latest Activity”. In case anyone else is still having issues, log out and log back in as Max instructed. That finally did it for me a few minutes ago.

Profile photo of RonW
    farmer
    Participant

Everything appears & acts normal for me. Typing this from my cell phone.

RonW

Profile photo of jriggs
    jriggs
    Participant

I don’t have access to the alumni page. I have not requested it either so that is probably the issue. I am an alum from the Texas class last February.

Profile photo of Joe (G.W.N.S.)
    Joe (G.W.N.S.)

I don’t have access to the alumni page. I have not requested it either so that is probably the issue. I am an alum from the Texas class last February.

Email Max and he will get you access!

Profile photo of Eagleeye
    Eagleeye
    Participant

I still can’t get into the alumni forum can you please look into that thanks

Max
    Keymaster

I still can’t get into the alumni forum can you please look into that thanks

You are not listed as an alumni member. Did you write to me, as an alumni , and request being added?

Roadkill
    Participant

I’m in.

RS/CTT Nov 16
    HEAT1 Aug18

Profile photo of tazeroo
    tazeroo
    Participant

In!

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.