Small Unit Tactics contact patriot-dawn Patriot Rising

Annual Forum Renewal and Problem Solving

Home Forums News & Training Updates Annual Forum Renewal and Problem Solving

This topic contains 51 replies, has 21 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of BrigandActual BrigandActual 1 year, 4 months ago.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 52 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Max Velocity
    Max
    Keymaster

I have just asked IT to look into what appear to be issue with forum membership renewal. It appears that I was initially misled and passed out incorrect information. I told everyone that their forum membership would be automatically billed by PayPal at each annual expiry. That is not the case.

From IT:

They do get automatically billed however they have to pay manually. The PayPal account you have does not work with auto renewal. They would have to renew manually after Membership2 sends them their invoice. I’ve also checked to see if anyone is in the Expired folder and there are no accounts there.

So you need to respond to the email with the invoice to pay $25 via paypal. It may be in your spam folder. If you know you are near renewal, then you need to pay that invoice to keep your membership.

This is not the same as sending me $25 via the payments tab at the top of the website. That is a different account and is not linked to forum membership. However, if anyone does expire due to not renewing their paypal payment, email me and we will see how we can restore you.

Profile photo of Wild Bill
    wildbill
    Participant

So you need to respond to the email with the invoice to pay $25 via paypal. It may be in your spam folder. If you know you are near renewal, then you need to pay that invoice to keep your membership.

This is not the same as sending me $25 via the payments tab at the top of the website. That is a different account and is not linked to forum membership.

Just checked my membership should have expired 7/24 but I’m not shutdown yet and I have not seen a renewal notice in either the spam or inbox folder (not to say I didn’t miss it in the spam folder, it purges anything older than 7 days). Any chance the IT people can generate another renewal notice email which would be easier on you than handling multiple others who can not find a renewal notice and you would have to handle one on one.

Western North Carolina ― LRMC-1 Sept. 2017, CQBC May 2017, DCH March 2017, RS & CTT October. 2016, CTT 1511, LN 1

“We don't rise to the level of our expectations, we fall to the level of our training.” ― Archilochos

“I do believe that, where there is only a choice between cowardice and violence, I would advise violence..." - Gandhi

Profile photo of Max Velocity
    Max
    Keymaster

@wildbill: Wildbill signed up on 10-10-2016 and not due until 10-10-2017.

Everyone else – hang tight. We have found a way to go from paypal to authorize.net. Which is good becasue I never liked paypal, but it was required by the app. Authorize.net will roll over with auto billing. However, I am waiting for exact implementation instructions – once we get on authorize.net, I think the auto payment thing will not be till next time.

So it is likely that you will have to go through the authorize.net process manually the first time you get the renewal notice, then after that it will roll over. Please bear with this.

Profile photo of Wes
    wesmc
    Participant

:good:

C2G Feb 2015, CTT March 2016, CQB June 2018

Profile photo of Trailman
    trailman
    Participant

ok just an FYI I got a WordPress notice for a thank you I paid, not sure where i paid from though.
    ————————————————-
    Hi trailman,

We’ve received your payment for your Forum Membership membership at Max Velocity Tactical Forum. Thanks!

Here are your latest payment details:
    Invoice #29380-1
    Sender Max Velocity
    Invoice to trailman
    Invoice date July 26, 2016
    Status Paid
    Name Forum Membership
    Description You will pay USD 25.00 each year.
    Amount USD 25.00
    Payment due July 26, 2016
    Total USD 25.00

CRM, CTT 1501, CP11/15, CTT5/16, FoF, DCH, CLC Opfor, Team Minion

Just remember, Anne Frank was a criminal because the government made her one and she died because she broke the law.

Profile photo of Wes
    wesmc
    Participant

I also received the WordPress notice that I’m paid up. Must have billed the credit card I used before. That was easy! :good:

Profile photo of Wes
    wesmc
    Participant

Now, I’ve received an email saying I’m expired :scratch:

Profile photo of Robert
    Robert
    Participant

Got that also Trail and Wes- the dates showed payment date of July 16 though.

Then about 30 minutes later I got the need to pay notification. Probably just hold tight and wait like Max said.

Business Interactions with Gaypal are not always easy.

www.jrhenterprises.com
    RMP, TC3, NODF, CRCD 6/14, CP 9/14. NODF, Land Nav, 6/15. Rifleman Challenge 9/15- Vanguard. FOFtactics 3/16, 10/16, 11/16, 6/17,11/17 CTT, 6/15, 11/16, , LRMC-1 9/17 GA Mobile CTT and DA 10/16, GA mobile DCH 3/18, HEAT1 3/18 Alum weekend 8/18, Opfor CLC 10/18, DA 11/18 CQBC 12/18

Profile photo of NIGHTBREAKER
    NIGHTBREAKER
    Participant

paid by CC but now my account says cancelled! oops any suggestions ?
    should have read the forum first.

Profile photo of Mountain Mom
    gramma
    Participant

Thanks for the updates guys. I got the wordpress invoice from last year. Tried clicking the hot invoice link… error. And will just wait a bit & check email again.

Profile photo of The IT Guy
    The-IT-Guy
    Participant

Hello All,
    We’ve been working this issue for the last few days. Long story short, the host where the website is hosted has been blocking emails specially invoices. We had the host fix that issue and now a backlog of emails have been delivered. You may have received paid invoices that were from 2016. Trailman (in the thread above) has received one of these and you can see that the invoice is from July of 2016.

Now that the system is processing status updates correctly, there are some users that have expired because the system compares your last payment with todays date. If it is over a year, the system expires you.

Since I’m in the middle of working with two different vendors, which is challenging in itself, I’m asking for your help to make sure that your membership is accurate and up to date. If anyone has been locked out and you believe your membership has been paid, please let me know here and make sure you include your login name. I will pass this on to the vendor to figure out what’s going on.

Thanks!
    The IT Guy

The IT Guy

Profile photo of Mountain Mom
    gramma
    Participant

I’m all squared away now.

Profile photo of Thomas
    Thomas
    Participant

I can not tell if I am square. I put in a CC number and press “submit”, received a “your registration has been accepted” but received nothing in email etc., to tell me current status. Immediately after posting the CC number, I received a message saying that my registration was expired but the CC number shows up when the renew button is pressed.

Good luck with two vendors.

The-IT-Guy
    Participant

gramma – I validated you are all squared away now. Your next due date is 8-18-18. :yahoo:

The IT Guy

Profile photo of Daniel
    Daniel
    Participant

Everything’s fine for me. Got a WordPress receipt yesterday with no cancellations so far.

Profile photo of Dennis W
    Dennis W
    Participant

I submitted a CC number and got a membership canceled notice. The CC has not been charged yet.
    Dennis

MTV Alumni - N. Central Florida
    Sept 27 – Oct 03 2014 TC3-CTT-CP + NODF
    RC1, RC2, Rifleman 2015
    Sept 2016 Run & Gun/ CQB
    Oct 2016 FOF

Profile photo of Dennis W
    Dennis W
    Participant

Never mind, I just received a membership receipt.
    Dennis

MTV Alumni - N. Central Florida
    Sept 27 – Oct 03 2014 TC3-CTT-CP + NODF
    RC1, RC2, Rifleman 2015
    Sept 2016 Run & Gun/ CQB
    Oct 2016 FOF

Profile photo of Joe (G.W.N.S.)
    Joe (G.W.N.S.)

Posted for Wulfgar Odinsson.

Wulfgar Odinsson:

I can’t access the forums. Max said we would have automatic renewal, which apparently didn’t, then a renewal option appeared, which I attempted to use. Nothing happened. Don’t know what to do.

The-IT-Guy
    Participant

Thomas: I checked your account and it is showing expired. It doesn’t appear that any credit card was charged. I’ll generate a new invoice so that you’ll be able to renew your membership.

The IT Guy

The-IT-Guy
    Participant

Status Update on this issue:
    We found a conflict issue for Forum Members that are also Alumni Members. Many of you have renewed your Alumni membership which does not charge your credit card. If your Forum Membership had not been renewed, the system will eventually remove your access over the next 5 – 7 days. The change over from PayPal to Authorize.net just made this issue a bit more complex. To renew, you will have to log into your account, hover over Members and click on Account. There you should see an invoice that says Billed and for Forum Membership. Click on that invoice number and then click Subscribe. At that point, you’ll enter your credit card information for payment.

If you do not see an invoice as described above, let me know by posting here and I will generate a new one for you.

Back to the drawing board. I got to send this back to the vendor to fix.
    Thanks for your patience while we’re working this issue.

The IT Guy

Profile photo of Mike Q
    Mike Q
    Participant

I just did as you described and after clicking on the invoice it takes me to a “page which does not exist, sorry.”

There never seems to be enough time to do it right, but there is always enough time to do it twice.

CRM Sept. 2014, CTT 1505, CTT July 2015, RC-Rifleman 1502, CP Nov. 2015, FoF March 2016, CCW May 2016, FoF Oct. 2016, FoF Nov. 2016, CLC April 2017, FoF Nov. 2017, Alumni weekend Aug. 2018, CQB Dec. 2018

The-IT-Guy
    Participant

Dennis W. We’ve sent you an email with your status.
    Joe (G.W.N.S.) I checked your account and all looks right. You should have full access. Let me know if this is not the case.

Thanks

The IT Guy

The-IT-Guy
    Participant

Mike Q: I just regenerated the invoice. Let me know if you still get this error. Look for Invoice #29230-1.

The IT Guy

Profile photo of riflemaniv
    riflemaniv
    Participant

I’m getting the same response as Mike Q.

CTT1504, NODF 1504, CP 1610

Profile photo of Mike Q
    Mike Q
    Participant

Still the same…

There never seems to be enough time to do it right, but there is always enough time to do it twice.

CRM Sept. 2014, CTT 1505, CTT July 2015, RC-Rifleman 1502, CP Nov. 2015, FoF March 2016, CCW May 2016, FoF Oct. 2016, FoF Nov. 2016, CLC April 2017, FoF Nov. 2017, Alumni weekend Aug. 2018, CQB Dec. 2018

Profile photo of Thomas
    Thomas
    Participant

I just attempted to renew my forum membership and received a message that read “…failed. Sorry, try again later.”

The-IT-Guy
    Participant

Thomas: I checked your account and you’re good to go. Not sure what caused the error you got but your account is good through 8-20-18. If you have any trouble getting in, you can email me at: the-it-guy@maxvelocitytactical.com

Thanks

The IT Guy

Profile photo of Justin
    osozorro
    Participant

I’ve checked my account, it says I’m expired. I hate the taste of free chicken. Is the renew link correct now? I’ve been waiting for a public service announcement before I do anything. Don’t want to add headaches by doing the wrong thing.

The-IT-Guy
    Participant

Hi osozorro: Hang in there. Even though your account says expired you should still have access until we get the invoicing straightened out. I’m hoping the vendor will have some resolution really soon.

Eating free chicken would scare the bejesus out of me. You never know where that chicken’s been. :unsure:

The IT Guy

The-IT-Guy
    Participant

I’ve noticed that folks are trying to renew their membership however please hang in there until invoicing is straightened out by the vendor. If you are Alumni, it would appear that you are renewing however no credit cards are getting charged and you really are not getting renewed.

Thanks

The IT Guy

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 52 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.