Small Unit Tactics contact patriot-dawn Patriot Rising

ATF White Paper

Home Forums The Armory – Gear and Equipment Weapons ATF White Paper

This topic contains 11 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Groundwork Groundwork 2 years ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of First Sergeant
    First Sergeant

An ATF white paper got leaked. I think it was done on purpose.

They basically say that they can’t keep up with registrations on suppressors and that it is not going to get any better. They then say that there is no reason to keep them as part of the NFA. They are basically saying that they support the Hearing Protection Act.

There is some other good stuff in there also.

Here is the white paper. Read it all. It’s only 11 pages.

thefirearmblog.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/Read-the-white-paper-on-firearms-regulations.pdf

For those of you that don’t know what a white paper is:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_paper

All of you need to contact your Congressman and Senators and tell them to pass the Hearing Protection Act. Doesn’t matter if they are republican or democrat. They need to hear from you.

FILO
    Signal out, can you identify.
    Je ne regrette rien...
    Klagt Nicht, Kämpft

Profile photo of Joe (G.W.N.S.)
    Joe (G.W.N.S.)

All of you need to contact your Congressman and Senators and tell them to pass the Hearing Protection Act. Doesn’t matter if they are republican or democrat. They need to hear from you.

Agreed! :good:

An ATF white paper got leaked. I think it was done on purpose.

If real, I suspect it might be their reading of the “tea leaves” under a Trump administration and proactive attempt to survive it.

Profile photo of Virgil Kane
    Virgil Kane
    Participant

“If real, I suspect it might be their reading of the “tea leaves” under a Trump administration and proactive attempt to survive it.”

Or it might be that they can now, finally, not hide.

Masters II
    Georgia
    June 2017 Intro CQB, FOF-Team Deplorables
    October 2017 MVT South - CTT/DA
    March 2018 DCH

Profile photo of Tom
    xsquidgator
    Participant

Ho boy, reading that would make liberal heads explode. I can’t imagine that same 1/20/17 white paper being written had HRC been elected, would the ATF have admitted in writing that mose gun control regulation is BS in that case?

Rant over though, I have some letters to write. Push where and when we can, and all that.

CTT 10-2014, CTT 1504, RnG/CQB/FoF October 2016, 2017 Georgia CTT/DA, DCH 2018.

Profile photo of Trailman
    trailman
    Participant

Need to read all of it before passing it on to a pol. Especially an Anti 2A one. How about we also suggest the ATF gets out of the regulatory business and into just enforcing law. The making shit up “regulatory” process is what causes all the grief.

CRM, CTT 1501, CP11/15, CTT5/16, FoF, DCH, CLC Opfor, Team Minion

Just remember, Anne Frank was a criminal because the government made her one and she died because she broke the law.

Profile photo of SeanT
    SeanT

Wow
    Some sensible writing there…

Profile photo of dnb
    dnb
    Participant

Executive order is in order.

Profile photo of Joe (G.W.N.S.)
    Joe (G.W.N.S.)

Giving the much of the wording and that this is from BATFE my first thought was…

Did Hell just freeze over? ;-)

Profile photo of john
    texas
    Participant

I am curious if an EO was issued and silencers were removed what would happen to people already in process?

1) Finish out your wait
    2) Immediate Pickup
    2a) With a refund of your $200
    2b) With no refund

Personally, I would be happy with 2a or 2b. Not sure if there is any precedent for this sort of thing.

RS/CTT/CP (VTC 10/15)
    RS/CTT/Mobility/NODF (Texas 02/16)
    FoF (VTC 03/16 Blue Team)
    CRS/CTT/NODF (Texas 02/17)
    CQB/FoF (Texas 03/17)
    DCH (VTC 03/17)
    IG: jmp_texas

Profile photo of Ralph Kramden
    HiDesertRat
    Participant

I really do have bad hearing and welcome it.

Profile photo of SeanT
    SeanT

I would like to see that people can take their stamp to the USPS and get their 200.00 refunded

Profile photo of Groundwork
    Groundwork
    Participant

Positive development at the least.

Personally, I won’t be contacting my Florida legislators, because when we did so for the Amateur Radio Parity Act, H.R.1301, our dog excrement of a Senator, Bill Nelson, single handedly killed it.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.