Small Unit Tactics contact patriot-dawn Patriot Rising

Batteries for PVS 14s

Home Forums The Armory – Gear and Equipment Batteries for PVS 14s

This topic contains 7 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Robert Robert 4 years ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of
    Anonymous

This weekend I heard someone, who’s input I value, say Lithium AAs may not be a good fit for the PVS-14s but the traditional AAs may be better.

He thought it might have to do with the voltage but himself was unsure if there really was any truth to it or if it was just a rumor.

Anyone else ever heard of this?

Otherwise I usually run all my high value electronics with Energizer Ultra Lithium possibly the longest lasting AA available for purchase.

Also very leak resistant etc and this is what I intend to buy unless I hear otherwise on here.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

From another source I just read that high end lithiums can start out at 1.82V instead of the AA spec’ed 1.5V.

Issue?

Profile photo of Max Velocity
    Max
    Keymaster

Ive run both types of batteries in my PVS-14s and have found no difference other than the Lithium last obviously longer than standard batteries would.

Profile photo of Max Velocity
    Max
    Keymaster

I run most of my electronics on AA and use a solar panel to recharge them. Used the same energizer rechargeables in Iraq for years in the PVS 14’s, no problem.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

I also have some energizer rechargeable lithiums too.
    I have to test them but expect them to be a bit milder loaded than the non rechargables..

Maybe this will be a good compromise.

Thanx fellas.

Profile photo of Joe (G.W.N.S.)
    Joe (G.W.N.S.)

From another source I just read that high end lithiums can start out at 1.82V instead of the AA spec’ed 1.5V.

Issue?

No, this is still within the dc voltage window for proper operation (1.85V and above might cause problems).

The real value of using Lithium batteries is there long life and superior performance in cold weather.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

I always chose to use lithium when deployed if given the option but I’ve used all kinds and never had an issue other than killing cheap batteries faster. Up in the mountains and on longer (multiday) missions Id carry lithiums.

Profile photo of Robert
    Robert
    Participant

If their is the chance you will forget and leave the batteries in there for ever, then use lithium.

Only batteries I had problems with in my 14’s was some cheapies that were best as I could tell, purchased in mid 90’s and way out of date. I got about 5 minutes out of the battery and then had to toss.

Just like keeping an LIF or a sacrificial filter in place, it’s a good habit to always pull the battery when your done.

With a decent warranty a battery leaking isn’t a problem :)

www.jrhenterprises.com
    RMP, TC3, NODF, CRCD 6/14, CP 9/14. NODF, Land Nav, 6/15. Rifleman Challenge 9/15- Vanguard. FOFtactics 3/16, 10/16, 11/16, 6/17,11/17 CTT, 6/15, 11/16, , LRMC-1 9/17 GA Mobile CTT and DA 10/16, GA mobile DCH 3/18, HEAT1 3/18 Alum weekend 8/18, Opfor CLC 10/18, DA 11/18 CQBC 12/18

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.