Small Unit Tactics contact patriot-dawn Patriot Rising

BCM and Gen3 PMags

Home Forums The Armory – Gear and Equipment Weapons BCM and Gen3 PMags

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of First Sergeant First Sergeant 3 days, 1 hour ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of First Sergeant
    First Sergeant

This came up in discussion elsewhere. I have also followed a couple other places on the net.

People buying newer lowers from BCM are running into issues with Gen3 PMags. The over insertion tabs on the Gen3’s prevent the mag from seating and the rifle wont run.

BCM has said that the Gen3’s aren’t milspec and don’t recommend them. That doesn’t make sense as the USMC adopted the Gen3 for general issue. I own several Gen3’s and haven’t had any issues in either Colt or older BCM’s.

If you sand off the tab’s they will run.

FILO
    Signal out, can you identify.
    Je ne regrette rien...
    Klagt Nicht, Kämpft

Profile photo of JustARandomGuy
    JustARandomGuy
    Participant

There is a certain well known forum that has been hashing this out since 2015 or so. There are two major threads of around 19-26 or so pages each… In case anyone wants to do some heavy, eye-rolling reading on one of the greatest internet arguments of our time… :wacko:

As FS already said, if it’s an issue 5 minutes with a fine-toothed file will set the issue straight (I have personally done this on some G3 Pmags- 5 minutes each, tops. Put a piece of duct tape or cardboard along the side & spine of the Pmag to keep the file from cutting into the body of the mag if you miss a few times).
    OR, if you want to keep the tabs (or just NOT file a hundred Pmags…haha) follow one of the instructions people have posted for sanding/filing/refinishing the lower.
    Or buy a new lower now and wait til 2020 and rake in the cash for the BCM… :unsure:

That being said…I find the way BCM has handled the whole issue…odd, to say the least, especially for a company that has the rep they do…

I also used to have a BCM lower, and while it worked with the G3 mags (it was a very close fit though) I also did notice that the area in question was also not entirely symmetrical. :unsure: YMMV.

"Time come Kimosabe, when good men must wear masks."
    ~Tanto

Profile photo of Bartlett
    norman
    Participant

I’ve actually just taken a bench grinder to the over-insertion tabs on all of my Gen3 PMags. Never had an issue with locking into a BCM or any other lower, but it makes it a lot easier to insert into snug mag pouches like the MVT SOR. Especially when bumping up mags after a tac reload.

CTT/MOB (TX, 2016-02); CP/FOF (TX, 2017-02)

Profile photo of Support Side
    ffhounddog
    Participant

Or replace the lower with an Anderson, :whistle:

Support Side. Not flattering but better than weak side.

Profile photo of First Sergeant
    First Sergeant

Or replace the lower with an Anderson, :whistle:

That’s not funny, even if you are joking.

FILO
    Signal out, can you identify.
    Je ne regrette rien...
    Klagt Nicht, Kämpft

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.