Small Unit Tactics contact patriot-dawn Patriot Rising

Cheap Improvised Falling Targets

Home Forums Tactics & Leadership Skill at Arms (HEMS) Cheap Improvised Falling Targets

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Harris Harris 2 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Joe (G.W.N.S.)
    Joe (G.W.N.S.)

A cheap falling target can be made from a box with 1″ hole and a least a 1 1/2″ balloon inside with a string attached to balloon.

Balloon pops target drops. Vary size of balloons to increase difficulty or use multiple balloons.

Small box with IDPA target attached, add a T-Shirt for more realism. How about several balloons with different strings at different angles of hanging attachment. One balloon pops next balloon keeps target from falling and string at different angle causes target to swing and move.

Add a little water to balloon before inflating to add weight if windy to reduce movement.

Think outside the box! ;-)

The variations are endless.

Combine with some of this guys four different videos.

Sure not as great as programmable high end systems like this from Jedburgh Target Systems, but much more affordable.

Now if money wasn’t a issue.

Profile photo of Wild Bill
    wildbill
    Participant

Now if money wasn’t a issue.

Wow yeah :yahoo: That would definitely keep you from having your head stuck in your gun or blue screening. :yes:

Western North Carolina ― LRMC-1 Sept. 2017, CQBC May 2017, DCH March 2017, RS & CTT October. 2016, CTT 1511, LN 1

“We don't rise to the level of our expectations, we fall to the level of our training.” ― Archilochos

“I do believe that, where there is only a choice between cowardice and violence, I would advise violence..." - Gandhi

Profile photo of john
    texas
    Participant

This has really gotten me thinking…

Being and engineer and a programmer that is looking for a fun project, this might be just the justification I need.

RS/CTT/CP (VTC 10/15)
    RS/CTT/Mobility/NODF (Texas 02/16)
    FoF (VTC 03/16 Blue Team)
    CRS/CTT/NODF (Texas 02/17)
    CQB/FoF (Texas 03/17)
    DCH (VTC 03/17)
    IG: jmp_texas

Profile photo of Harris
    Harris
    Participant

My local range used similar balloon/cardboard targets for a room clearing class they put on. Cheap but effective.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.