Small Unit Tactics contact patriot-dawn Patriot Rising

Civilian-Centric Tactical Questions

Home Forums Tactics & Leadership Patrol and Missions (HEAT 2) Civilian-Centric Tactical Questions

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Joe (G.W.N.S.) Joe (G.W.N.S.) 1 year, 1 month ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Max Velocity
    Max
    Keymaster

My recent posts on use of obstacles and single family retreat defense got me thinking. MVT has always been at the forefront of converting military SUT into something that can be used by citizen teams. There is simply no point in regurgitating military doctrine if it is not applicable. MVT currently lives in two worlds – training civilians, as we have done for the past 4.5 years, and now training, or supporting training for, SOF teams. The latter trends more towards current doctrine for military units.

I will put this thread up as a collection point for questions. It may be that these things have been gone over before, and if so we may be able to direct you to the relevant prior article – I do understand that search functions are not necessarily perfect – but on the other hand don’t be lazy. Also recall the books – Contact, and the fiction books, paint a good picture of unconventional use of military tactics, so reference those first. Frankly if you are on here and asking questions, and have not read the books, then I am a little confused by that.

Thus, ask questions here that you want more information on, or clarification. Such as the recent question about keeping watch at night – I directed that to both contact and the article ‘considerations on night operations’ but I will take any follow up, detail or clarification questions.

What are the things that concern you as you work on your preparedness plans? What can we help you with, or clarify? There are SMEs on various topics on this forum, so between us we should be able to answer in a timely manner. Ask the question in this thread, and the intent will be to break out answers into separate threads.

Max
    Keymaster

:unsure:

Profile photo of Darkrivers
    Darkrivers
    Participant

One of the things that I have questions about is formulating a plan to defend a rural property in a community where the homes are spread out on 1 acre lots. Mainly in a without rule of law situation. The countryside is fairly open with trees and brushy areas. Only 1 way in on roads but no way to block ingress offroad or on foot. I think a more remote property might be more easily defended, but you gotta work with what you have. Also while most neighbors are gun owners, they don’t have the wherewithal to get any training. Difficult to count on how helpful they might be. I think also its time to reread Contact.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

If you're gonna fight, fight like you're the 3rd monkey on the ramp to Noah's Ark... And Brother, it's starting to rain! James from Texas

Max
    Keymaster

‘National he-man woman haters club’???

I am on cell now an unable to advise you on a defensive survey of your sub division. The main issue you have is that you cannot mount a defense with untrained and unwilling people. So you are back to the single family situation.

Profile photo of Darkrivers
    Darkrivers
    Participant

‘National he-man woman haters club’???

That house is the soon to be gone Tweaker neighbors, bunch of fuckin weirdos.
    No rush. Just looking for info and to spur discussion.

If you're gonna fight, fight like you're the 3rd monkey on the ramp to Noah's Ark... And Brother, it's starting to rain! James from Texas

Profile photo of Joe (G.W.N.S.)
    Joe (G.W.N.S.)

Mainly in a without rule of law situation.

Responded in Retreat Defense as a Single family Unit.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.