Small Unit Tactics contact patriot-dawn Patriot Rising

Colt 6920 $699 Mexican Police model

Home Forums The Armory – Gear and Equipment Weapons Colt 6920 $699 Mexican Police model

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Support Side ffhounddog 1 year, 7 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Support Side
    ffhounddog
    Participant

I needed another carry handle for my kids ARs so I bought a Colt 6920 with carry handle marked for Mexican Defense forces.

699 and $28 shipped. Not bad was looking at a BCM but I have half of a Colt (Henderson Arms rifle now Machinegun USA in Vegas, Colt upper on their lower with NV on it). I bought after Sandyhook and an Armalite Law Enforcement Carbine I bought in Jun 2016. I do prefer carbine length gas systems because less issues with ammo most of the time compared to mid-lengths in my opinion.

Well here is the specs and the link.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Item/670659004

The Colt LE6920 is the duty-grade standard to which all other agency patrol rifles are measured. As part of the proven M4 and M16 lineage, the LE6920 is the top choice for law enforcement agencies around the world. This limited batch of carbines was originally produced by Colt for the Secretaria de la Defensa Nacional of Mexico, Directorate of Commercial Arms and Munitions (DCAM), the Mexican governmental department responsible for equipping Mexico’s state and municipal law enforcement agencies. In compliance with Mexican law, these rifles all feature the official “S.D.N. MEXICO D.F.” roll mark on the right side of the magazine well (see photos for roll mark). These new-in-box models will make as excellent shooters, and their rarity adds to collector value. Each carbine ships in the factory box with a sling, cleaning tools, two aluminum 30-round magazines and an operator’s manual written in Spanish and English.
    Specifications:
    Caliber: 5.56x45mm NATO (.223 Rem)
    Upper material: 7075-T6 Aluminum
    Upper finish: Black Hardcoat Anodized
    Barrel Material: 4150 CMV
    Barrel Finish: Manganese Phosphate
    Barrel: 1:7RH, 6 groove, chrome lined
    Barrel length: 16.1”
    Overall Length: 32-35.5”
    Unloaded Weight: 6.29 lb.
    Lower material: 7075 T-6 Aluminum
    Lower finish: Black Hardcoat Anodized
    Roll Mark: COLTS LAW ENFORCEMENT CARBINE
    Front sight: A2 fixed front sight
    Rear sight: Carry Handle
    Fire mode: Semi-Automatic
    Trigger type: Single Stage, Mil-Spec
    Grip: Government A2 Grip
    Handguard: Mil-Spec M4 Style
    Stock: Mil-Spec M4 style
    Operating system: Direct Gas Impingement
    Included accessories: sling, cleaning tools, two aluminum 30 round magazines, manual (Spanish), manual (English)

Support Side. Not flattering but better than weak side.

ffhounddog
    Participant

I was not drunk but I might be selling my lwrci M6a3 upper now and my Sig p228.

I was looking at buying a BCM lower and instead bought a Colt. Wow that is a difference in $350. And no cool guy stock or trigger.

Profile photo of Joe (G.W.N.S.)
    Joe (G.W.N.S.)

My first thought was some “Gunwalker” joke. ;-)

Looks like a good one with an interesting story. :good:

ffhounddog
    Participant

Yeah just trying to help others out so they are not like me. Glad I am selling stuff when I get home too many ARs but the only Colt lower I had was a Colt made in Bold Texas lower because it was made in Texas.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.