Small Unit Tactics contact patriot-dawn Patriot Rising

"Community" or groups?

Home Forums Operational and Strategic Levels "Community" or groups?

This topic contains 39 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of "Mad" Anthony Wayne Pericles 2 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 31 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Joe (G.W.N.S.)
    Joe (G.W.N.S.)

Yea, but you have a career that transfers easy, not to mention you were still mostly regional.

Don’t want to argue, I just think your harder on some than needed. Also many such as myself who are working different solution to our shared problem.

When I retired, the military foot the bill for me to move pretty much where ever I wanted due to my circumstances.

This is similar to my take on many of the “Occupied” States that are truly terrible, just move. These States I will not even drive through much less live in.

Moving is a big deal and many don’t have the experience of moving like you and I have.

Being single I could move anywhere anytime! :yes:

Well enough of this, we’ll see if anyone else wants to discuss the peaceful takeover of a community. ;-)

I would rather die with my ideals intact, than be victorious by becoming all that I oppose!

This why I can never be truly defeated!

Profile photo of Lineman
    Lineman
    Participant

I’m hard on them because they don’t want to even think about the possibility of it…I could understand if they checked into it and then said at this time I just can’t swing it because of this or that…But for most they are comfortable and that’s all that matters to them at this point… And I’m not single I’m married and have 4 kids so that’s not an excuse in my book it’s even more of a reason to get your family where you have better odds of thriving and surviving… Also I’m not asking them to do it on their own since I’ve offered to help them with job, housing, even moving…

Joe (G.W.N.S.)

That’s cool, I was married with 4 kids when I did my moving about so I know.

I would just not be quite as general, but that’s my opinion.

We will all have to live with our decisions! :yes:

I would rather die with my ideals intact, than be victorious by becoming all that I oppose!

Profile photo of Robert
    Robert
    Participant

A major “sticking point” with most of us is DEBT.

When your “stuck” in a 30 year mortgage, maybe underwater in it after the housing bubble burst, maybe you have car loans (just heard there are 7 year car loans now!!), etc. then you feel and are kinda sorta “stuck” in place.

Debt robs us of our INITIATIVE. Initiative being the freedom to ACT versus being forced to REACT.

It’s tough in today’s materialistic world. Everyone wants it now (preferably yesterday), saving? Are you kidding? We are marketed to relentlessly that we have to have a new car every 2.5 years or we might as well be pooping in the village well in a third world country…

It’s tough to break through the debt cycle. We struggled for years, eating storage food, not doing much, etc. to get out of debt. That gave us such freedom I know that’s an overused word but it’s true.

There may come a day when you will see the writing on the wall and think “I could get out now and save a lot of trouble trying to get out at the last minute” but the need to work to pay debt may be holding you back (robbing your initiative).

We overlook how debt really does hold us down in many ways.

www.jrhenterprises.com
    RMP, TC3, NODF, CRCD 6/14, CP 9/14. NODF, Land Nav, 6/15. Rifleman Challenge 9/15- Vanguard. FOFtactics 3/16, 10/16, 11/16, 6/17,11/17 CTT, 6/15, 11/16, , LRMC-1 9/17 GA Mobile CTT and DA 10/16, GA mobile DCH 3/18, HEAT1 3/18 Alum weekend 8/18, Opfor CLC 10/18, DA 11/18 CQBC 12/18

Profile photo of Bob
    gunnerbob
    Participant

Robert, good post.

Debt and our materialistic inbreeding has robbed us of so much. It can be difficult to escape but, do what you can when you can to get away from “modern” LIVING… it’s anything BUT. Try to live the simple (but hard working) life, we are.

Profile photo of Lineman
    Lineman
    Participant

There may come a day when you will see the writing on the wall and think “I could get out now and save a lot of trouble trying to get out at the last minute” but the need to work to pay debt may be holding you back (robbing your initiative)

That’s pure truth right there Robert… The thing is people use debt as an excuse but are not working to get rid of that debt…They just can’t quit their addictions like alcohol, cable, cigarettes etc to pay down their debt or they keep working that dead end job because they don’t want to put the effort in to find a new one…My profession is always hiring and the wages are some of the highest in the country and yet you have Veterans that are working at McDonald’s…We have had 50 year olds come through the apprenticeship so it’s never to late;)

Profile photo of Trailman
    trailman
    Participant

A major “sticking point” with most of us is DEBT.

That’s our situation. While we are not underwater we are heavily leveraged. We are not the materialistic folk though. Three properties, (Old house/rental, woodlot and home/small farm) all in some phase of begin paid off. Anytime we have come into windfalls they have generally gone into these three to increase their value in the long run. New vehicles, lol. All our are 10+ years old, I drive a 19Yo Gran Am to work. Our plan is to roll the first two up into the thirds to pay it clear.

FWIW if I could figure out how, I’d pick up in a heartbeat, but we still have pay our bills and put food on the table. I have about 3 years until I can pull the plug but the wife has many more.

So lineman you have a house, property and a job for an enterprise level network engineer and a high end GS DoD employee? Until then we are staying in place. My biggest drawback here beside the location is I have no family and the spouses are worthless.

CRM, CTT 1501, CP11/15, CTT5/16, FoF, DCH, CLC Opfor, Team Minion

Just remember, Anne Frank was a criminal because the government made her one and she died because she broke the law.

Profile photo of Lineman
    Lineman
    Participant

You can private msg me with both your resumes or I can send you link of the jobs we have around here…You can tell me what you have to have in a house and what you can afford… Do you have family also or is it just you and the wife?… Do you have medical issues that you have to be close to a big hospital… Anything else that’s pertinent let me know…

Joe (G.W.N.S.)

My profession is always hiring and the wages are some of the highest in the country and yet you have Veterans that are working at McDonald’s…We have had 50 year olds come through the apprenticeship so it’s never to late;)

Now this is always a good point, find a better paying easily transfered job is always a possibility.

I went to great lengths to ensure I was debt free before retiring from military and it’s a great position to be in.

Profile photo of "Mad" Anthony Wayne
    Pericles
    Participant

“There are still many Incorporated towns with populations under 200 people (some under 100) that a Group could move to absorb politically and change it’s course to one of the Groups direction.” That’s what I was trying to convey maybe I didn’t explain it well enough…

When looking at that, there was no housing available as a rule for one family, much less a group. There may be towns with small populations and unused infrastructure and housing in your AO, in mine, it seems that small towns have had steady decline over decades. That does not leave much to leverage from as a base.

Fighting communists was a lot more fun when it was a group effort conducted overseas, and not an insurgency here at home.

Viewing 10 posts - 31 through 40 (of 40 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.