Small Unit Tactics contact patriot-dawn Patriot Rising

Concealment does Not equal Cover, Urban Environments

Home Forums Tactics & Leadership Concealment does Not equal Cover, Urban Environments

This topic contains 11 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of First Sergeant First Sergeant 2 weeks, 4 days ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Joe (G.W.N.S.)
    Joe (G.W.N.S.)

With all this talk of Urban CQB, I thought this might be helpful for many.

I do not believe some people realize just how little protection modern construction provides against incoming or outgoing weapons fire.

This is why I personally want to avoid Urban CQB, to include Max’s Tactical Clearance Technique.

Since we can’t always get our way, Max’s Alternative CQB Technique is available. I will go to great lengths to avoid real world use if possible.

Most American homes are just concealment!

This older video is very enlightening for those who lack this knowledge.

“The Gauntlet” movie scene below…

(Advance to 2:16)

…is not one I want to experiance in real life! :yes:

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

I was reading Black Hearts yesterday (a Christmas gift from my wife who was attached to that unit) and it talks about a house with one bad guy in it. The platoon shot it up, used hand and 40mm grenades and had an Apache use its cannon. They sent a team in and three of the four guys got hit and one was killed. Higher finally approved hellfire and it took three to level the house.

That is the difference in modern construction that is illustrated here VS mud and concrete as used else where.

Though flimsy never assume because you shot it up the guy inside isint still there waiting.

Profile photo of SeanT
    SeanT

That is a cast iron sink!! A bit brittle, yes but wow.

When I was way younger I built a few additions an a house. I always tell my wife that the locked door is a joke when I can put my boot thru the wall. 30 seconds with a small chainsaw an I have a door where I want one.

I want a SMAW!!!

Profile photo of Free Chicken Dinner
    RRS
    Participant

This could be a fine thread except some jerk will probably show up and start making political comments about how America’s wealth is but a façade that will rot away like exposed chip board. In all honesty I have no interest in performing CQB, rather given my choice I would rather perform it like the Syrian army does in that video posted by moderator numero uno.

2016 Camacho for president “F*ck yeah”

Tactical training for Liberty, Fraternity, Excellence

Joe (G.W.N.S.)

Been awhile, worth another look.

Profile photo of Aerohawk
    Aerohawk
    Participant

Wish I could build a house out of reinforced concrete.

2017 Texas R/S CTT
    2017 Texas FoF/ CQB

Profile photo of RonW
    farmer
    Participant

Wish I could build a house out of reinforced concrete.

any idea what 1000 square feet square or rectangle structure would be ? Single story

farmer

RonW

Profile photo of wheelsee
    wheelsee
    Participant

I keep coming back to these

http://www.monolithic.org

12″ concrete on the outside, 6-12″ foam, another 4-8″ concrete on the inside……now, if I can get my wife on board – she says no, looks like a breast, what’s wrong with that??

Which is heavier - a soldier's pack or a slave's chains? Napoleon

Strength, Honor. Maximus (Gladiator)

If you tolerate evil, you yourself are evil.
    Col Hugo Martinez, Commander Search Bloc

William, in The Republic - CRS/CTT 2017, HEAT 2/CQB/FonF 2018, DCH 2018

Profile photo of Thomas
    Thomas
    Participant

Friends built a double-doom home about 15 years ago and love it. I would live in one of these structures in an instant.

Profile photo of Al
    skeets4039
    Participant

“Wish I could build a house out of reinforced concrete.”

As a person that believes a man’s home is his castle, I would go with one of these “homes.”

http://www.castlemagic.com/castlephotos.html

What’s not to like, Moat, Drawbridge, Trebuchets, Battlements, Keeps (dungeons), Towers, and Arrow loopholes (firing positions).

Think of the possibilities.

Take care and stay safe

Joe (G.W.N.S.)

Giving this…

…was onto a ‘soft walls’ structure.

Thought this might be worth reviewing as a reminder. Few architecture in the US provides more than just concealment.

Profile photo of First Sergeant
    First Sergeant

I talk about this in the DCH class.

In modern construction, nothing in your house is cover. Walls, appliances and furniture just slow things down. They do not prevent penetration.

FILO
    Signal out, can you identify.
    Je ne regrette rien...
    Klagt Nicht, Kämpft

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.