Small Unit Tactics contact patriot-dawn Patriot Rising

Crossfit isn't Functional Training!

Home Forums Tactical Fitness & Nutrition Crossfit isn't Functional Training!

This topic contains 46 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Joe (G.W.N.S.) Joe (G.W.N.S.) 4 weeks, 1 day ago.

Viewing 17 posts - 31 through 47 (of 47 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Max Velocity
    Max
    Keymaster

Given that I am never wrong, it would be hard to prove me so.

Caveat: wife never reads the forum.

On a serious note, I have resesrched this, and I urge people to wake up to functional training. I would also urge the crossfit fanstics to wake up and take a good look around. Dealing with crossfitters is like dealing with vegans or liberals!
    B-)

Profile photo of Idaho Cajun
    idahocajun
    Participant

Just gonna leave that right there…I tried going to a CrossFit “box” a couple of time, just wasn’t for me. This thread is enlightening. Really enjoying @johnnymac’s input. I’d pay him big $$$ to be my personal fitness guru if he lived in Idaho.

Profile photo of Darkrivers
    Darkrivers
    Participant

@Max
    I’d love to do a post training workout with you in Texas this year if you’re willing. I’ll need it to work off the BBQ.

If you're gonna fight, fight like you're the 3rd monkey on the ramp to Noah's Ark... And Brother, it's starting to rain! James from Texas

Profile photo of Wes
    wesmc
    Participant

Two things about CrossFit:

First, there is no focus on getting from one place to another quickly. Even though there maybe be 200, 400, or 800m runs included in a workout, these run are routinely treated as a rest period. I’ve never seen a decent CrossFit runner.

Then, if anyone has ever attended a social gethering with crossfitters, it becomes quite clear why the 1st Rule of CrossFit is “Always talk about CrossFit.” :wacko: :yahoo:

C2G Feb 2015, CTT March 2016, CQB June 2018

Darkrivers
    Participant

Great. So now because I go to a Crossfit gym to PT I’m a vegan, liberal, cult member that can’t run. PLus I vomit everywhere and can’t stop telling everyone about crossfit. :good: Thanks for the support.

If you're gonna fight, fight like you're the 3rd monkey on the ramp to Noah's Ark... And Brother, it's starting to rain! James from Texas

Profile photo of Idaho Cajun
    idahocajun
    Participant

@darkrivers

Just meant to be satire. I personally respect the CrossFit thing, just wasn’t for me. Never worked out with you…so don’t know if you can’t run. Would make fun of you regardless if you were a vegan (wife’s a vegetarian and it KILLS ME). I choose to treat things like first date rules…no religion or politics (why I think I’m still married), so don’t care if you’re liberal (which I doubt).

As with anything, can’t place a blanket judgment…it’s all about the individuals mindset. I give my good buddies here shit all the time about CrossFit, the same amount they give me for shooting competition and doing tactical training…which could also be described as cultish. So, no disrespect intended man.

Darkrivers
    Participant

Thanks. Those sentiments are appreciated.

Max
    Keymaster

@Max
    I’d love to do a post training workout with you in Texas this year if you’re willing. I’ll need it to work off the BBQ.

I wouldn’t want to lead a workout for a couple of reasons. I’ll be briging some ideas to do a couple of sessions of my own, but:

I’m not a coach and I will be trying to recall workout options for myself to fit the equipment availability at the lodge.

I am at a learning stage for functional training and can only really parrot what I have done in sessions.

There is an aspect of form and progression to functional training. Which means if you launched into something with incorrect form or at to much of a progression (see the part about me not having coaching experience) you could end up on a scale of sore muscles impacting on training to pulled muscle or truly injured.

I’m happy to discuss it and ideas. Erik will also be there and he is a very knowledgeable chiroprator of the sports-oriented type.

Max
    Keymaster

Great. So now because I go to a Crossfit gym to PT I’m a vegan, liberal, cult member that can’t run. PLus I vomit everywhere and can’t stop telling everyone about crossfit. :good: Thanks for the support.

And a triggered millenial? Are you offended? :unsure: :yahoo:

But at least you are doing PT, which irsmore than most of the assholes out there are doing.

Darkrivers
    Participant

Glad Erik will be there. Not triggered or offended, maybe a little irritated (which was probably the intent :cry: and I fell for it :cry: :cry: ) at the generalizations, but at least I PT. Looking forward to the class in February.

Profile photo of Mayorphill
    Mayorphill
    Participant

Crossfit is not functional.

Why is it not?

Max
    Keymaster

Max
    Keymaster

Profile photo of wheelsee
    wheelsee
    Participant

Well let’s see…….torn rotator cuffs, torn labrums (shoulder), elbow injuries, neck injuries, low back injuries, torn meniscus (knee), ACL injuries…..I could stay in business quite awhile…..

Which is heavier - a soldier's pack or a slave's chains? Napoleon

Strength, Honor. Maximus (Gladiator)

If you tolerate evil, you yourself are evil.
    Col Hugo Martinez, Commander Search Bloc

William, in The Republic - CRS/CTT 2017, HEAT 2/CQB/FonF 2018, DCH 2018

Profile photo of RobRoy
    RobRoy
    Participant

That crossfail video was hilarious, some good a lot of bad.

Women always seek attention to themselves and at least these girls try to stay trim and in shape instead of bulking up on carbs and coloring their hair and joining a crazy twitter cult to harass the normies. The bad the crazy undisciplined shit and trying to be a male.

Max
    Keymaster

Profile photo of Joe (G.W.N.S.)
    Joe (G.W.N.S.)

Max you have a particular gift for finding and destroying “sacred cows!”

B-)

Viewing 17 posts - 31 through 47 (of 47 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.