Small Unit Tactics contact patriot-dawn Patriot Rising

Dallas PD Investigates Potential Concern with the Sig Sauer P320

Home Forums The Armory – Gear and Equipment Weapons Dallas PD Investigates Potential Concern with the Sig Sauer P320

This topic contains 14 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Support Side ffhounddog 1 year, 6 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Joe (G.W.N.S.)
    Joe (G.W.N.S.)

Something to be aware of regarding the Sig P320, not definitive yet, but needs to be watched.

Updated | Dallas PD Investigates Potential Concern with the Sig Sauer P320

Excerpt:

Update directly from Dallas Police Department Media Relations Office.

“The Dallas Police Department still issues the Sig Sauer P226 handgun, but did authorize officers to purchase the Sig Sauer P320 handgun for duty use. We have not currently had any issues with the Sig Sauer P320 handgun. The use of the Sig Sauer P320 handgun has been temporarily suspended due to safety precautions. The departmental Firearms Training Center staff is currently working with Sig Sauer to ensure the safety precautions are addressed.”

Profile photo of El Lobo
    ellobo
    Participant

Yeah cause it failed the drop test. The first model’s sold had a warning saying the firearm might go off if dropped. I’m sure they removed it because now sig is saying the pistol is ok.
    I’ll stick with my glock !
    What’s also funny is that the FBI pretty much copy and pasted the sig 320s discription as their requirements for their new service pistol. Specifically Saying no finger grooves on the frame, implying we don’t want a glock. so Mr. GLOCK was like Cool, and married the gen4 to the gen2 and BOOM you got the Gen 5.
    all to get the contract.
    Slick Fucker !

I'M NO SHIRKER !

Joe (G.W.N.S.)

This is one of several reasons I am not into jumping on the newest “whatever” that comes out. Let someone else deal with growing pains that even good products may have.

There are plenty of fine pistols out there, I am happy with my M9.

It does everything I want a pistol to do.

Profile photo of wheelsee
    wheelsee
    Participant

EXCLUSIVE: Rumors of Dallas PD Issues with Sig Sauer P320 Are False

Which is heavier - a soldier's pack or a slave's chains? Napoleon

Strength, Honor. Maximus (Gladiator)

If you tolerate evil, you yourself are evil.
    Col Hugo Martinez, Commander Search Bloc

William, in The Republic - CRS/CTT 2017, HEAT 2/CQB/FonF 2018, DCH 2018

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

I’ll stick with my Glock 19 thanks.

Profile photo of Support Side
    ffhounddog
    Participant

I’ll stick with my Glock 19 thanks.

Good call

Yes I am surprised how much butt hurt Si is giving this, it’s also been a known issue with 4 other tests. If Te M17 tests had gone on Sig would not have won. Bruce Grey has a lot invested in the Sig P320 in fact a whole line of business built around the p320 so I do not see it as a unbiased. I’ll stick to my Glock 19, M9, and VP9.

Support Side. Not flattering but better than weak side.

Profile photo of TC
    TC
    Participant

Latest on this, shows video proof of several 320s firing when dropped:

Omaha Outdoors P-320 Drop Test Video / It failed when dropped on the butt of the gun

SE Florida ☆ CQBC 2017 ☆ CTT/DA 2017 ☆ CLC 2018

Profile photo of First Sergeant
    First Sergeant

I saw this a week ago. Other places have talked about the issues longer.

Who knows. We”ll see what comes out of it.

I have had my hands on a couple of 320’s. :unsure:

It was more than just the pistol that won the contract. There was also an ammo requirement and holsters.

Talking about Glock getting the M-17 contract, they half assed the requirements thinking they would win it on their name alone. The safety looks like an after thought. They got out bid buy $100 million dollars.

Glock has been riding on its name for years. They aren’t the perfection that they want you to believe. If they were people wouldn’t have to spend money on a new gun to get it to run right. On top of that, when the first 17M’s went to Indianapolis PD, they had a slight problem. The slides would come off when they were drawn from the holster.

FILO
    Signal out, can you identify.
    Je ne regrette rien...
    Klagt Nicht, Kämpft

Joe (G.W.N.S.)

I don’t really care about the contract, it wouldn’t be the first time the military has done things for stupid reasons. IMHO giving our money situation, buying any new pistol was stupid!

A few people on the forum have mentioned 320s so this was a warning to investigate further. This certainly isn’t proof of anything yet, but is something to watch it the 320 is on your list of weapons.

For most of us this is just coffee table talk.

First Sergeant

I don’t really care about the contract, it wouldn’t be the first time the military has done things for stupid reasons. IMHO giving our money situation, buying any new pistol was stupid!

A few people on the forum have mentioned 320s so this was a warning to investigate further. This certainly isn’t proof of anything yet, but is something to watch it the 320 is on your list of weapons.

For most of us this is just coffee table talk.

No worries.

Sometimes I get aggravated with the stuff that is floating around out there. Everybody has to be the first to jump on the band wagon to bash something and a lot of times it’s all bullshit.

Not talking about you, just some of the stuff I have read concerning this pistol.

Does that make sense?

FILO
    Je ne regrette rien...
    Klagt Nicht, Kämpft

Joe (G.W.N.S.)

Does that make sense?

Definitely and I agree!

Sig generally makes good products and I suspect the 320 will ultimately be a good pistol regardless of the current situation.

One of the reasons I don’t buy brand new models of any firearm is I want proven models which the 320 isn’t, yet.

First Sergeant

There is only a couple of companies that I would have no issue buying a new design from. But that is because of their proven track record.

I haven’t really been a fan of SIG since they left Germany. The pistols just don’t have the same quality. The only exception is the P226 MK25.

FILO
    Je ne regrette rien...
    Klagt Nicht, Kämpft

Joe (G.W.N.S.)

Your right about quality since leaving Germany.

At least the M9 was around for a decade or so in the form of the 92F before adoption.

I still think it would have been better to just buy new M9’s given our financial situation, neither the Sig or Glock is significantly better to justify the expense IMHO.

Profile photo of BrigandActual
    BrigandActual
    Participant

The M9A3 is honestly a nice pistol, it would have been satisfactory IMO.

I’ve been casually looking around for a new pistol. I’ve handled the APX, VP9, PPQ, M&P 2.0, and a 320. I wanted to check out the CZ P10c and P01 as well, but nobody has them in stock.

My honest assessment was that they all feel so close that any would have been fine. I was thinking the 320 would be the route to go mainly because of the M17 contract, it pretty much guarantees ample aftermarket support. I’m going to wait it out a bit, though.

"Man is still the first weapon of war" - Field Marshal Montgomery

Matt B - VA

Profile photo of Support Side
    ffhounddog
    Participant

I do have one P320c I got in a Trade for a Trijicon RMR. I like it over all. I really just feel better with a Glock or HK in my holser. I think the P320 compact has a fat grip for what I do 90% of the time carrying a gun.

I am just odd too. I am the only person I know that when I go to the beach and wear the speedos I carry a Beretta Nano because Beretta never has let me down. If the VP9 did not take P30 mags I would never have bought it. I would have went with the Beretta APX because unlike other I like the M9. In fact I have a Beretta Elite 2 and two Berretta Vertecs that I shoot. I picked them up when I was running the Pistol and Rifle team for VaANG.

Sig will get it right soon but I am dumping all Sigs when I get home but one to focus on two plateforms for carry, Glock 17/19 :good: /26 and HK P2000/P30 in V3. I just prefer it. I will be trading my P30v1 for a P30v3 when I get home because LEM never has grown on me.

Support Side. Not flattering but better than weak side.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.