Small Unit Tactics contact patriot-dawn Patriot Rising

Drills for faster sight picture (iron sighted pistols)

Home Forums Tactics & Leadership Skill at Arms (HEMS) Drills for faster sight picture (iron sighted pistols)

This topic contains 31 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of First Sergeant First Sergeant 7 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 31 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of wheelsee
    wheelsee
    Participant

Here is the picture.

This is the position that fixed all of my problems years ago. The same problems you are having picking up the sights.

When I extend my arms, my chin rest on my right bicep. This allows my dominant left eye to line up directly behind the sights. I don’t have to push the gun to the left.

This works. I have used it with others that were cross eye dominant.

My shots were all over the place and I couldn’t figure it out. Went to one of my students (NRA) and we figured out out – cross-eyed as I’ve gotten older.

KUDOS TO FIRST SERGEANT!! went to the range today, pushed my chin to my R bicep and viola!! groups about a quarter (at 5 yards)…..

Which is heavier - a soldier's pack or a slave's chains? Napoleon

Strength, Honor. Maximus (Gladiator)

If you tolerate evil, you yourself are evil.
    Col Hugo Martinez, Commander Search Bloc

William, in The Republic - CRS/CTT 2017, HEAT 2/CQB/FonF 2018, DCH 2018

Profile photo of First Sergeant
    First Sergeant

@abacus, where are you located? From people I know who have taken a class from Ayoob, they have nothing but good things to say. You are correct that it depends on the instructor teaching it.

PM sent.

@wheelsee, glad it worked out. One of the things that most don’t realize is that things change as we age. You are not the first that I have heard of that their dominant eye changed.

@johnnymac, the repeatability is what makes this position work for someone who is cross eye dominant. I struggled for a long time with a pistol because of it. Once I learned this technique, everything fell into place.

@joe (G.W.N.S.), thanks for blowing the picture up.

FILO
    Signal out, can you identify.
    Je ne regrette rien...
    Klagt Nicht, Kämpft

Viewing 2 posts - 31 through 32 (of 32 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.