Small Unit Tactics contact patriot-dawn Patriot Rising

Ear pro recommendations

This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Darkrivers Darkrivers 5 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Darkrivers
    Darkrivers
    Participant

I am considering upgrading my ear pro to something a little higher end. I am currently using Peltor sport tac 100 which have been great but are starting to get uncomfortable. I am considering Peltor Comtacs or MSA Sordin but am open suggestions.

If you're gonna fight, fight like you're the 3rd monkey on the ramp to Noah's Ark... And Brother, it's starting to rain! James from Texas

Profile photo of Roadkill
    Roadkill
    Participant

I’m using the Comtacs and love them. Just a note, if your planning on running coms through your ear pro make sure you get the ones set up with the jack. I think it’s like a 1/4” plug about a foot long. I just found out at the August Heat class mine are not compatible with coms. The coms set are quite a bit more pricey, it just depends on your plan. I imagine the Sordin are the same.

RS/CTT Nov 16
    HEAT1 Aug18

Profile photo of JohnnyMac
    JohnnyMac
    Participant

I have msa sordins, back of the neck version. They are great, although I wish I had the comtacs with mic. If you even remotely think you might want to integrate with comms, get the comtac headset

Profile photo of First Sergeant
    First Sergeant

Peltor Comtacs.

As above, if you even think you might use it for comms, get the comms version.

FILO
    Signal out, can you identify.
    Je ne regrette rien...
    Klagt Nicht, Kämpft

Darkrivers
    Participant

Thanks for the input. I’ll keep an eye out for some Peltor Comtacs.

If you're gonna fight, fight like you're the 3rd monkey on the ramp to Noah's Ark... And Brother, it's starting to rain! James from Texas

Profile photo of lucky_luke
    lucky_luke
    Participant

if comfort is the only problem and the electronics arent a problem, why dont you just get a set of noise fighters? https://noisefighters.com/ i have them and think they are amazing. you can find quite a few reviews of them on youtube also.

Valor Ridge:
    Rifleman I

Patriot Nurse:
    Medical Prep 101
    Medical Prep 201

Laissez les Bon ton Roulette

Darkrivers
    Participant

I looked at those but they arent directly compatible without using their universal adhesive adapter. Plus by the time I buy those I’m 20% of the Comtacs

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.