Small Unit Tactics contact patriot-dawn Patriot Rising

Extreme Ownership: Willink / Babin

Home Forums The Armory – Gear and Equipment Gear and Book Reviews Extreme Ownership: Willink / Babin

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Max VelocityMax
    Keymaster

I listened to 10 hours of this on the drive to Texas today. The rest tomorrow.

This is a really good book. I see it choming in and reinforcing what I put out in the TM and on CLC.

I will likely recommened this book in general / specifically for CLC. The Tactical Manual is the technical reference, this fills a role as a narrative example reference.

Profile photo of BrushpopperBrushpopper
    Participant

I read the book a couple of years ago, I’ve been meaning to pick it up and read it again.

~ Little - South Texas

Profile photo of Lloydshooter
    Participant

I haven’t read this book, but I just ordered it. Sounds similar to Paul Howe’s “Leadership and Training for the Fight”, which is also an excellent book!

---

We are all victims of our perspective.

Profile photo of Max VelocityMax
    Keymaster

Listened to the follow up ‘dichotomy of leadership today.’ Very good and a complimentary follow on. There are a lot of lessons to be learned for leadership in tactics and business. Compliments the CLC.

I will warn that leadership is a journey and you will notice that they use many of their own mistakes as examples. There is only a point reading these books and the TM and doing the CLC if you can read with a sufficently ego-less attitude and can self examine.

I think of the patriot blogosphere a d a really good chapter I heard today, that echoed what I wrote in the TM about the dangers of veering from over-control to no-control. The dangers listed for the lack of control reminded me of what we are seeing out there from ‘team liberty.’ You will recognize the chapter when you read it.

Tapping on my phone so enough for now.

Profile photo of TCTC
    Participant

Thanks for tip, just ordered it and also picked up Jocko’s “Way of the Warrior Kid” for my nephew.

SE Florida ☆ CQBC 2017 ☆ CTT/DA 2017 ☆ CLC 2018

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.