Small Unit Tactics contact patriot-dawn Patriot Rising

Favorite Theorists?

Home Forums The Lounge Favorite Theorists?

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of RampantRaptorrampantraptor
    Participant

Since I tend to go on about the necessity of political theory, I’m curious what authors (if any) folks dabble in.

My list (off the top of my head):
    Karl Hess
    Murray Bookchin
    Pierre-Joseph Proudhon
    George Orwell
    (Pre-paleoconservative) Murray Rothbard
    Gary Chartier
    Roderick Long
    Kevin Carson
    Benjamin Tucker
    Lysander Spooner
    Peter Kropotkin

#RaqqaSummer2017
    - - -
    Jîn, Jiyan, Azadî

Profile photo of JohnnyMacJohnnyMac
    Participant

I’m not really into political theory but:

Frederick Hayek
    Machiavelli

Edit: Upon further self-inspection, I am into political theory, I just don’t pay attention to who’s writing, merely the merit of the argument. Let me try to track some of my recent reading.

Profile photo of AndrewAndrew
    Participant

Frederic Bastiat

Profile photo of Max VelocityMax
    Keymaster

@rampantraptor – regarding this post and also the long one you made on my collapse post – you are not wrong about a lot of it. Clearly the WRSA post is an example of the nut-jobbery of the ‘right’, added to what we know about the madness of the left.

It’s why I consider myself a ‘libertist’ and not a right wing or a conservative. But even considering myself a ‘libertist’ is an exact example of what am about to say: I think you make things too complicated.

Why? Yes, there is a lot to political sceince, but then you start mentioning this group and that group, and this way of interpreting things and that way, this school of thought and the other, followers of him and of the other guy etc. In fact, some of the drivel on WRSA is a perfect example of if you have an agenda, and read enough of the right people who you agree with, you can construct endless arguments to support what you think. You see obscure religious and anti-semitic posts on WRSA, and similar, along this lines all the time.

What is my point – to much analysis paralysis, which is why nothing ever gets done.

I advocate simplifying things. If you need a political view, go take it from the declaration of independence. To me, it is that simple. Being largely ignorant of US legal history, I just tune out when people start quoting amendments or supreme court cases – I just see it as bunch of people all in their little boxes. I just ask the question – is it in line with the supreme law of the land (Te USC) and is it pro-liberty, or on the flip side, is it authoritarian. To me, things need to be kept simple.

Profile photo of RobRoyRobRoy
    Participant

Yeah keep it simple, I’ve mentioned that FreeFor should have as its operational goal Freedom which by definition means free from.

But as I have also noted we are the most part refugees from conservatism a friggin human sand trap which by definition means conserving yesterday’s clusterfuck.

Profile photo of Barry Andersongatlinggun
    Participant

Over the years I have often wondered what, exactly, the “conservatives” were trying to conserve. Was it my liberty? The money I earn from my labor? My property?

What they are trying to conserve is their political power. The right is only interested in perpetuating the “right-wing” (read Republican) world view (same as the left). During the 2016 election cycle I had numerous conversations with people I know about Trump vs. Hillary.

They would say things like “You have to vote against Hillary” to which I would say “There are two choices. Liberty or tyranny. And liberty doesn’t live with Trump or Hillary.” At that comment they would spin off into the weeds.

Here is where I am. I don’t want to live under “right-wing” tyranny anymore than I want to live under “left-wing” tyranny. Max made a comment in another thread about gathering a couple of families, hunkering down, killing all aggressors, and so on.

That sounds like a darn fine idea Max, considering all of the cheesedickery going on “our” side.

When the government's boot is on your throat, whether it is a left boot or a right boot is of no consequence.

CTT 08/15

Participant

@Max

I suppose that’s fair enough. I know I probably come off as a bit preachy sometimes, added with my difficulty in condensing my thoughts further, thanks for understanding.

I’ve just seen some ideas expressed that come off as hard-right entryism and I felt the need to push back. The whole John Marks thread was creepy, some of us came to an agreement that if someone openly associates with Nazis that’s a good sign they’re alt-right, and then someone posted a video of someone who hosted Richard Spencer on their podcast. It seems the talk of WRSA and the nutjobs on there has helped bring things back towards center.

I don’t expect everyone to have well-developed ideology, but my experience with irregular warfare in the Middle East is that in the absence of appeals to state or national authority as there is in a state military there will have to be some cadres to keep things in line ideologically to avoid misbehavior, defections, and splits.

I’m more concerned with trying to figure out who would actually be reliable in a SHTF scenario rather than right- or left-wing ideological purity but I want to be ideologically confident enough that usurpers can’t drive me or those in my team towards betraying our agreed-upon values and breaking discipline.

#RaqqaSummer2017
    - - -
    Jîn, Jiyan, Azadî

Participant

(Trying to post but it seems to be bugging out on me, if this is a duplicate delete one.)

@Max

I suppose that’s fair enough. I know I probably come off as a bit preachy sometimes, added with my difficulty in condensing my thoughts further, thanks for understanding.

I’ve just seen some ideas expressed that come off as hard-right entryism and I felt the need to push back. The whole John Marks thread was creepy, some of us came to an agreement that if someone openly associates with Nazis that’s a good sign they’re alt-right, and then someone posted a video from a guy who hosted Richard Spencer on their podcast. It seems the talk of WRSA and the nutjobs on there has helped bring things back towards center.

I don’t expect everyone to have well-developed ideology, but my experience with irregular warfare in the Middle East is that in the absence of appeals to state or national authority as there is in a state military there will have to be some cadres to keep things in line ideologically to avoid misbehavior, defections, and splits.

I’m more concerned with trying to figure out who would actually be reliable in a SHTF scenario rather than right- or left-wing ideological purity but I want to be ideologically confident enough that usurpers can’t drive me or those in my team towards betraying our agreed-upon values and breaking discipline.

#RaqqaSummer2017
    - - -
    Jîn, Jiyan, Azadî

Profile photo of JohnnyMacJohnnyMac
    Participant

confident enough that usurpers can’t drive me or those in my team towards betraying our agreed-upon values and breaking discipline.

Well said

Keymaster

@rampantraptor – I don’t believe I saw the Marks video thread.

Perhaps it would be worthwhile to make an attempt at laying out MVT ideology?

I recently had a chap write to me qbout wanting to come back to training, telling me he had been wrong. I suspect it was after my comments about WRSA?

There is something equally hideous about ‘the right’, or elements of it, just as there is about leftists.

I was recently accused of being a ‘fake right winger.’ A lot of truth in that.

I’m just tapping this out casually on my phone, but my views revolve around Rightful Liberty, rejection of authoritarianism, and rejection of hate. Hate based around stereotyping is stupid. Don’t get me wrong, I’m pefectly (more than capable) of hate, but not in a senseless stereotypical way. I’ll take you as I find you, and this country is full of assholes from all ethnicities. I also don’t agree with libertarian ‘non-aggression’ and would be quite capable of burning your hall if you come against me and mine.

I am equally proud of my western european ancestral tradition, which includes Christianity but does not revolve around it. But that does not include conspiratorial hate of other groups. I don’t believe in any conspiracies about Jews. I think Islam is incompatibale with the USC and you cannot be sworn to serve the USC if you believe in Sharia law.

I think ‘white supremacy’ is stupid because you should not simply belive that people are superior due to being white. The amount of low IQ white morons across this country gives the lie to this. Give me top IQ end of all the race bell curves over that any day. This is different from supporting the superiority of western european thought in creating the USC and the advanced civilization that we live in.

If you are trash, you are trash, and there is plenty of it from all colors and ethnicities. It is the problem of trash, low IQ, and weak people that has led us to where we are today. I’m definitely a hater of shitty people, equally across all shittyness.

I reject people who seek to reduce my freedoms. I am very much an originalist for the original philosophy that went into the DOI and the USC, although it is not a perfect document being written for its time.

I also reject absolute individualism because as a soldier I realize that in ordrer to achieve anything you must be able to be both a leader and a follower. This could be seen in many ways like the way pirates would operate, which was as a democracy unless engaged with the enemy, when it was a disciplined system with the captain in charge.

I want this forum to be a rational place for true liberty and I never want to see it infected by WRSA style hate and irrationality.

Keymaster

Anyone want to take a stab at a unifying political philosophy for this forum? The challenge is making sure you don’t slip too many of your own prjudices in there. Such as religion – I do not want a theocracy to emerge from collapse!

Profile photo of RobertRobert
    Participant

Give me top IQ end of all the race bell curves over that any day. This is different from supporting the superiority of western european thought in creating the USC and the advanced civilization that we live in.

If you are trash, you are trash, and there is plenty of it from all colors and ethnicities. It is the problem of trash, low IQ, and weak people that has led us to where we are today. I’m definitely a hater of shitty people, equally across all shittyness.

This is really what it boils down to.

Trash comes in all colors. I look at the fat, ignorant talking and looking white trash in walmart with a cart full of white bread, cheap hotdogs, soda, cartons of cigs and Natty lite, three or four dirty kids without shoes running around with their cups of chicken mcmaggots spilling half of them on the floor and I think to myself- “white trash.”

My two buddies from South America that I grew up with, we all started out at the same crappy apartment complex stones throw from the ghetto in FL. One is now a doc and Major in the military, other is a construction manager. They send ME memes about “border jumpers” and rail on and on about illegals coming into the country. To quote them “we worked our asses off to get into this country and it took years for my Mom. These border jumpers are despicable…”

Or one of the black dudes I know, OEF vet, now a LEO and a hell of a handful on the mats, a couple of young blacks walked up to him in the gym and started talking shit. They walked off and he was standing there shaking his head. I asked him what’s wrong, he just replied “dumb N___ers.”

What truly separates us is in the heart and mind, not in the pigment of the skin.

www.jrhenterprises.com
    RMP, TC3, NODF, CRCD 6/14, CP 9/14. NODF, Land Nav, 6/15. Rifleman Challenge 9/15- Vanguard. FOFtactics 3/16, 10/16, 11/16, 6/17,11/17 CTT, 6/15, 11/16, , LRMC-1 9/17 GA Mobile CTT and DA 10/16, GA mobile DCH 3/18, HEAT1 3/18 Alum weekend 8/18, Opfor CLC 10/18, DA 11/18 CQBC 12/18

Profile photo of Joe (G.W.N.S.)Joe (G.W.N.S.)

I suppose that’s fair enough.

As you are aware we disagree on many points, however you do back up your reasoning.

So even though you are wrong much of the time! ;-)
    (Meant to be a humorous jab, but not serious.)

I like you imput.

We have never required one mindset, just rational discussion vice arguing to argue.

I’ve just seen some ideas expressed that come off as hard-right entryism and I felt the need to push back.

While I keep an eye out for truly insane commentary, we don’t catch everything. I think most would agree we are effective overall in that regard.

In regards to OP…

While I’ve read a ridiculous amount Theorist studies, I am not particularly impressed with most. Many lack the real world application or get too much in the weeds to gain my support.

Within certain moral limits I follow a simpler “Don’t force your crap on me and I’ll do likewise!”

Of course my cynicism has increased with age and brutal experience! B-)

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.