Small Unit Tactics contact patriot-dawn Patriot Rising

Got onions?

This topic contains 7 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Ralph Kramden HiDesertRat 2 years ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Trailman
    trailman
    Participant

Its order time. For those that get sets from the farm store. We use Dixondale farms and buy our plant bunches from them every January. I’ve never had much luck with growing from seed and preferred getting sets. Their bunches are from 50-70 plants each. Pricing is as such, after the first bunch they get progressively cheaper and shipping is included in price. One of the other thing I like about them is that you enter your zip code and they will ship on your proper planting date.

# of sets
    01 $11.45
    02 $15.95
    03 $19.95
    04 $23.95

http://www.dixondalefarms.com/

We generally get the Candy sweet onions and the Copra storage. When I’ve done it right I’ve harvested the Copras in July and still had good onions in the basement in February. :good:

CRM, CTT 1501, CP11/15, CTT5/16, FoF, DCH, CLC Opfor, Team Minion

Just remember, Anne Frank was a criminal because the government made her one and she died because she broke the law.

Profile photo of SeanT
    SeanT

Thanks for the reminder!
    I have a few things I need to plan for this coming season. Time can slip by pretty fast and you can miss out.

Remember that you folks can get good local info at your county agricultural extension office. Leverage that resource.

Profile photo of RampantRaptor
    rampantraptor
    Participant

I hopped on this thread expecting something about liberal tears and Trump’s inauguration.

It was actually about onions.

#RaqqaSummer2017
    - - -
    Jîn, Jiyan, Azadî

Profile photo of SeanT
    SeanT

Pretty sure there will still be liberal tears.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

I have covert wilderness grows in the National Forest, originally they were just potatoes. But about two or three years ago I started adding onions and carrots.

I never harvest them, and every spring I add to them. The onions don’t do well here, but I mostly use last years store bought onions that have gone to seed. The carrots tend to be small, but sweet.

I don’t do any maintenance of these grows, just plant and forget.

Profile photo of Wes
    wesmc
    Participant

Albert, that is pretty cool.

C2G Feb 2015, CTT March 2016, CQB June 2018

Profile photo of BamBam
    bambam
    Participant

I second Dixondale. For a while had a 20×30 plot on which amongst other veggies we prob had 100 onions of various kinds. Lot of fun for the kids and good eating.

Profile photo of Ralph Kramden
    HiDesertRat
    Participant

I harvested about 12 lbs of 8 different varieties of garlic and 7 lbs of shallots this past summer, started in the fall of 15′. They are very good. And harvested ~30 lbs of honey as well. Pretty cool.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.