April 5, 2018 at 9:04 pm #57518MaxKeymaster
I am currently up here at the VTC running HEAT 2. This is an excellent class. It is no longer combat patrol, but moves you on from HEAT 1 to operations at team and squad level.
This class was almost at capacity, but I notice looking at the HEART 2 May 24 – 27 that I only have two deposits. This was originally a combined class that did not have enough interest so I moved it to a standalone HEAT 2 class. I need to now if I have to cancel or can I get 6 more people?
Given how genuinely useful this HEAT 2 class is, and that fact that I may not be running any more this year given other priorities with scheduling the latter part of the year, do I have any takers? I will give it till I am back in the office on Monday to make a decision.
If you are worried about making a deposit for a class that may not run, email me with an honest intent to book should I gather 6 more people, and I will ask you to pay when the numbers are met. Of course, by COB Monday the decision will be made. Thanks.April 6, 2018 at 1:02 pm #57532
@Robert and @Mike Q. You guys know anyone that would be interested in taking this class?April 6, 2018 at 3:06 pm #57536RobertParticipant
@Robert and @Mike Q. You guys know anyone that would be interested in taking this class?
I’ll be out most of May with some surgery. I plan to take my son to HEAT2 some time this year, but it won’t be in May.
RMP, TC3, NODF, CRCD 6/14, CP 9/14. NODF, Land Nav, 6/15. Rifleman Challenge 9/15- Vanguard. FOFtactics 3/16, 10/16, 11/16, 6/17,11/17 CTT, 6/15, 11/16, , LRMC-1 9/17 GA Mobile CTT and DA 10/16, GA mobile DCH 3/18, HEAT1 3/18 Alum weekend 8/18, Opfor CLC 10/18, DA 11/18 CQBC 12/18, 5/19April 6, 2018 at 3:42 pm #57537incipientParticipant
Wish I could, but it spans two shifts for me and there isn’t any leave available..
In an initial stage; beginning to happen or develop...April 6, 2018 at 8:49 pm #57540
That’s too bad. Any HEAT 1 or CTT alums?April 6, 2018 at 10:45 pm #57541Mike QParticipant
I would like to take the new heat 2 class since my combat patrol is at least 2 years old. But I’m still in the throws of my house project. I don’t see me breaking free until June. Perhaps Rob, Sean, or Trailman are available?
There never seems to be enough time to do it right, but there is always enough time to do it twice.
CRM Sept. 2014, CTT 1505, CTT July 2015, RC-Rifleman 1502, CP Nov. 2015, FoF March 2016, CCW May 2016, FoF Oct. 2016, FoF Nov. 2016, CLC April 2017, FoF Nov. 2017, Alumni weekend Aug. 2018, CQB Dec. 2018, CQB May 2019April 7, 2018 at 3:23 am #57542
ScottG? Hello kitty? TC? Jon RT? Mike H? SeanT? Trailman? Xsquidgator? DiznNC? Brian from GAApril 7, 2018 at 8:20 am #57544xsquidgatorParticipant
I’m interested, but can’t make it up to the VTC until at least July+ due to my work situation. We’re in the middle of several very large projects that won’t finish up until around July.
I’d like to make it up for either a HEAT2 or perhaps the proposed alumni training event, once my work calms back down.
CTT 10-2014, CTT 1504, RnG/CQB/FoF October 2016, 2017 Georgia CTT/DA, DCH 2018.April 7, 2018 at 3:52 pm #57561TCParticipant
TC? Jon RT? Mike H? SeanT? Trailman? Xsquidgator? DiznNC? Brian from GA
I’m one of the guys who put down a deposit for the May HEAT 2. If this needs to be rescheduled, then anytime June through November works for me.
SE Florida ☆ CQBC 2017 ☆ CTT/DA 2017 ☆ CLC 2018April 7, 2018 at 9:24 pm #57562PolynikesParticipant
I totally understand if you have to make a call by Monday. However, we are less than 2 weeks away from HEAT 1, which a number of first-timers are attending (including 3 I’m bringing down with me). Once these guys get through HEAT 1 and better understand what MVT is all about, we may have some additional folks ready to sign up for HEAT 2 the following month. I’m already socializing HEAT 2 with these guys, but they want to go through HEAT 1 first and then make a call (especially with that 1-month “buffer” between the 2 classes).
If you have any flexibility on making a final go/no-go call, I’d recommend giving until then if possible. I’m leaning towards signing up for the class, but I’d rather do it with another buddy or two.
Thanks and I’ll see you in a few days.
George G. (the Greek) from PAApril 7, 2018 at 10:07 pm #57564Jon R T (aka Blind Sack)Participant
Can’t make that date…sorry! My MVT alumni son is graduating high school
CRCD/CP April 2014, CP August 2014, RC1,
CTT/CP June/July 2015, Run n Gun/CQB/FoF 2016, DA Georgia 2017, DCH Georgia 2018April 8, 2018 at 6:32 am #57567MaxKeymaster
@Polynikes – there is just no way. There is no way new guys would do HEAT 1 and then turn around and book HEAT 2 with 30 days notice. If they were interested, they would book now. Most people book aboit 3 months out for planning purposes, and I need the bulk of bookings on a class to make decisions 3 months out.
I fristrates me when I cancel a class and then hear ‘I was going to sign up for that’ but I had no idea. Where was your deposit. Full payment ia due no later than 30 days out. That is how this training business needs to work, because we need numbers for classes and need to make calls based on that.
I always make calls and will cancel rather thsn scramble for numbers. For this HEAT 2 it us simple, I need 6 more commitments by COB Monday or the class gets flipped to the first Alumni Live Fire weekend.
Either book early, or classes go away. This is the best and unique tactical training out there, and it is only getting better. Got a full class for HEAT 2 right nowx and it is awesome. I’m not.going to scrmable. Rather be at home with the kids, or writing books, than doing that. I will only train when I have sufficient numbers of the willing.April 8, 2018 at 10:31 am #57570
Looking at some of the responses on here, if it works out for Max’s schedule/life would sometime at the end of July work to reschedule HEAT2?
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.