Small Unit Tactics contact patriot-dawn Patriot Rising

How did you find MVT?

Home Forums The Lounge How did you find MVT?

This topic contains 36 replies, has 29 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Mayorphill Mayorphill 3 days, 22 hours ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 31 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Dimitri Povozhaev (NE Ohio)
    ctpelok
    Participant

I have found MVT by purchasing your book “Contact”.

Only social media I am on is IG, and follow MVT on it.
    I like seeing your updates about the facility, classes in progress, funny stuff, etc. on the MVT IG. Overall, it does helps and reminds me of the MVT.

Dimitri P.

Profile photo of Darkrivers
    Darkrivers
    Participant

I found MVT while google searching carbine courses in Texas. Ive never liked the social media thing, but IG is a great place to find training opportunities and meet people who have similar interests.

If you're gonna fight, fight like you're the 3rd monkey on the ramp to Noah's Ark... And Brother, it's starting to rain! James from Texas

Profile photo of Hessian
    Hessian
    Participant

I think YT pulled me over to your videos Max Talk 007 The MVT Lite Fight concept.

Profile photo of BrigandActual
    BrigandActual
    Participant

I think YT pulled me over to your videos Max Talk 007 The MVT Lite Fight concept.

+1

I think it was searching for load carriage stuff that led me to MVT’s blog.

I know you hate gear discussions, Max, but it does draw eyeballs. You’re one of the only ones actually talking about how to carry gear from a position of authority. The fact that you approached it from a philosophical perspective rather than, “go buy this” angle was what sold it.

That’s why I mentioned your old articles. I could see those doing a lot of good for drawing traffic, especially when paired with a corresponding video.

"Man is still the first weapon of war" - Field Marshal Montgomery

Matt B - VA

Profile photo of DuaneH
    DuaneH
    Participant

Western Rifle Shooters. I read it at least once or twice a week.

In 2013 I went to Mountain Guerilla’s West Virginia class. (Got tired of the Tacti-Cool schools)

I sucked. Despite scoring 230 on the APFT for 40 year olds, I was ready to throw in the towel by noon on the second/3rd day.

My response: More PT and more training. MVT was the only school offering professional, relevant training.

Appleseed.
    NOV2008 IBC
    OCT2009 FT Stewart
    OCT2010 RBC Known Distance Rifleman
    OCT2014&2015 Long Distance Rifleman
    JUN2015 1000 Yds

I.C.E/JAN2011 Combat Focus Shooting

Tactical Response
    JUN2009 Fighting Pistol
    JUL2009 Fighting Rifle
    AUG2010 Immediate Action Medical
    NOV2012 Way of the Rifle

Mountain Guerrilla/JUN2013-Irregular Warfare

MVT
    SEP2013&2014-CRCD
    OCT2014-CP
    MAR2015-RC1=RIFLEMAN!
    AUG2015-CCC
    SEP2016-CTT
    OCT2016-FOF
    TEAM COYOTE!

Profile photo of Left Bob
    Healthhokie
    Participant

Searched for training within reasonable driving distance and MVT came up. I had already read Max’s fiction books (and liked them the a lot, Max must have a great editor ;-) , Just kidding) but didn’t know about the training site. Did some research and attended by myself. Agree with comments about FB and IG from other users. The one post about MVT’s Internet search profile was spot on and increasing the search priority for MVT could be helpful along with micro targeting of ads toward individuals most likely to attend MVT (different discussion). In my business we are all about LinkedIN but a different market.

Left Bob

Profile photo of Mayorphill
    Mayorphill
    Participant

I heard about Max a post from another reader on the Western Rifle Shooters Association blog. This was before MVT had a website up and running yet. I participated in the forums during the free days as MayorQuixote (yeah, I was the guy eating the free chicken). However, about the time the forums went paid some personal issues popped up in my life so I stopped participating. I’ve caught a second wind on preparedness and I want to re-engage.

Oh, I’m also the guy who gets butt-hurt when Max talks about Crossfit.

Viewing 7 posts - 31 through 37 (of 37 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.