Small Unit Tactics contact patriot-dawn Patriot Rising

How to make "survival bread"…Which is basically naan.

Home Forums Tactical Fitness & Nutrition Field & Survival Nutrition How to make "survival bread"…Which is basically naan.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Jamison Jamison 6 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of RampantRaptor
    rampantraptor
    Participant

So I was fooling around with my phone because I haven’t got much else to do, and Google Chrome decided to be helpful and recommend a prepper site that had a recipe for “survival bread”.

How to Make Emergency Survival Bread

Upon viewing the photos it looked a lot like some of the naan I had in Syria. Upon making it, the pieces I didn’t screw up tasted a lot like it too. It’s nothing “survival” about it, this is pretty solid naan.

This is simple enough to make that you should probably make it once or twice just to get the skill down. Besides being good for making kebab and stuff in civil society it’s good food for folks camped out in a long-term position. This is solid carbs and fuller stomachs, guerrillas in the mountains live off this stuff as a staple.

I added a bit more water to make it easier to work with and a tinge more salt to match. I also just worked it with my hands and some flour, the roller just frustrated me; maybe I’ll give it another go next time. If you spray on oil, let it cook off a bit so you don’t wind up with greasy naan.

Now I just need a sheep. :good:

#RaqqaSummer2017
    - - -
    Jîn, Jiyan, Azadî

Profile photo of JohnnyMac
    JohnnyMac
    Participant

I might have to try this, as I love naan. Thanks for sharing

Profile photo of Joe (G.W.N.S.)
    Joe (G.W.N.S.)

I used to eat Afghan naan all the time in Afghanistan.

This inspired me to try some variations using cattail flour I forage locally.

The combination of survival and naan did it.

Thanks for posting, will let you know how it turns out.

Profile photo of Jamison
    Jamison
    Participant

Look into bannock, it’s kind of the same. Lot’s of variations.

https://anitalianinmykitchen.com/bannock/

I’m actually going to be working on a mix myself, using all dried ingredients. Like powdered butter and eggs to make a just add water recipe for camping/oudoors.

Should be interesting.

Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter-accusations.

Nulla fatere. Nega omnia. Accusatis calumniatorem. Demanda probationem.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.