November 21, 2016 at 8:33 pm #36996
Off season tinkering, food for thought. This could easily be adapted to a setup using a cummerbund, or skip the cummerbund completely. Pretty much any PC with a front velcro flap could use this idea. For cummerbunds just use QASM clips right to the molle on the cummerbund itself and use the velcro strips the same way.
Velcro like this
Unitl Max comes out with his straps I like these options:
Blue Force Gear LMAC Side Straps
I actually used my OEM shellback straps and 1 set of BFG straps on top. This gives me one rigid strap on the bottom and one elastic strap on the top, on each side. My recommendation is that the elastic strap is really necessary.
Process for making the velcro sections under your front flap:
1) Separate the two types of velcro sections (hook vs. loop).
2) Open up the front velcro flap on your PC.
3) Layout the first cross section of your velcro (12-14″ for me) left to right across the PC allowing 3-4″ of overhang on each side. Cut. Doesn’t matter if you put the hook or loop type on top or bottom.
4) Cut each end of the 12-14″ section of velcro so that there is a necked down section of 1″ wide by 3-4″ long section that will fit through the end of your buckle. Your velcro should now look like the shadow of a rolling pin.
5) On either side, feed the 1″ wide section of velcro through the end of your buckle. Remove the plastic backing and neatly fold the adhesive side of the velcro back onto itself.
6) Cover up the remainder of the exposed adhesive section, and your folded over bits, on this first piece of velcro with the opposite type. Stick the adhesive sides to eachother so that now you have a front/back hook/loop section with your female buckles on each end.
7) Repeat for a second time
8) Stick to your PC and put the flap back down
Weak Men can't be virtuous. - JBPNovember 22, 2016 at 7:36 am #37021DiznNCParticipant
Damn dude I don’t know why I didn’t think of that. Good field expedient. The only drawback is it leaves the space for the SR buckles. But you still get the fucking prize for the day!
CTT 1505, NODF 1505, CP 1503, LN 1, RC II, RiflemanNovember 22, 2016 at 8:29 am #37029RobertParticipant
That the one you had first of the month up there? It was pretty ingenious.
RMP, TC3, NODF, CRCD 6/14, CP 9/14. NODF, Land Nav, 6/15. Rifleman Challenge 9/15- Vanguard. FOFtactics 3/16, 10/16, 11/16, 6/17,11/17 CTT, 6/15, 11/16, , LRMC-1 9/17 GA Mobile CTT and DA 10/16, GA mobile DCH 3/18, HEAT1 3/18 Alum weekend 8/18, Opfor CLC 10/18, DA 11/18 CQBC 12/18, 5/19November 22, 2016 at 5:12 pm #37067
@Robert this is a slight improvement. I had all the same straps and such but not the velcro yet. Before I just had the female buckles attached to a couple webbing points on the front of the PC (you can actually see the one right above my mags that’s still crinkled). This velcro idea came to me after class. No sewing, no modifying your PC, strong, durable, and cheap.
Weak Men can't be virtuous. - JBPJuly 11, 2017 at 10:58 am #46484
Finally took a couple pics
Attachments:You must be logged in to view attached files.
Weak Men can't be virtuous. - JBPJuly 11, 2017 at 7:34 pm #46495AnonymousInactive
That right there saved me a lot of money. This forum is the shit.October 2, 2017 at 6:06 am #51358KeeperParticipant
I like it
Alumni living in N.E Fla. for now. Going to retire in Iowa on the farm some day soon.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.