Small Unit Tactics contact patriot-dawn Patriot Rising

HOW Would Alaska be Re-captured….once occupied ???

Home Forums Operational and Strategic Levels HOW Would Alaska be Re-captured….once occupied ???

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 25 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of RampantRaptor rampantraptor 2 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Sorry…..I don’t know any of the proper military words to describe this type of action. Call it premonition, or recurring bad dream/nightmare. I have for the last several decades had this haunting “Feeling/fear” about how easily Alaska could be invaded and occupied. This is so vivid for me, that I can even see how it would be executed.

My question is how would America recapture Alaska…..??? And could the recapture be executed without near total destruction of primary assets like Prudhoe Bay and Deadhorse oil production facilities, and the Valdez Oil tank farm and pipeline terminus/port facilities…..??? In my vision Alaska is invaded on December 25’th at 0030 and there goal is the capture of the oil production, the food production, and mineral production.

Please move this thread to the lounge, if this is the wrong place for this question.

Profile photo of DiznNC
    DiznNC
    Participant

Wow man that’s some premonition there. Can’t say I rightly know. Maybe we’ll defer this to our man up north, Senior Bergmann.

CTT 1505, NODF 1505, CP 1503, LN 1, RC II, Rifleman

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

I made a vid for this sometime ago warming up for the Evader series.. ill load it to YT and be back..

Bergmann

Profile photo of Hello Kitty (Craig)
    hellokitty
    Participant

This is how

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

CTT 1502, NODF 1502, CP 1503, RC 002- Rifleman, FoF x 2, Run and Gun, RS/CTT, CLC, CQBC, Heat 1

Craig S.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

I love Alaska, I love America…….and loath our thieving corrupt criminal Oligarchy Overlords. But, I often wonder if the American Mafia Oligarchy would hesitate for very long, if there was an offer brokered by Goldman Sucks (Puppet Masters to the mafia oligarchy families of the world) to trade Alaska to China mafia oligarchy, in exchange for U.S. Treasury Notes and other good and valuable assets.

Or, America defaults on debts to the China Mafia Oligarchy, and they simple “TAKE” Alaska.

Profile photo of Max Velocity
    Max
    Keymaster

Who is invading? Russia over the Bering Strait? Is the USA still fully functional or collapsed? What is Canada’s Reaction? Are there other theaters in play or is this a single action in Alaska? If so how did we not see the buildup?

I think there are lots of questions on the rest of the scenario that would inform the specifics. Im not in front of a map but any land action would involve the cooperation of Canada.

Given Alaska, the best way to reach it is light, by air, or heavy by sea. But what of Russian Navy? Are we seeibg naval battles off the coast in order to clear the way for Marine landings? Combined with Airborne assault?

What is the season and impact on mobility?

If an IPB was conducted, it would show that most of Alaska is irrelevant, we are really onlu interested in the strategic locations of production and population.

What are the logistics supply lines of the Russians like?

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

40 minutes and its done loading.. Fuking Alaska connection..

Bergmann

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Russia and China could do a joint action, and divide the spoils. With the correct timing either or both could come under the ice, on Dec.25’th should be a cakewalk to take “Sleepy” and “Drunk” Prudhoe Bay infrastructure, likely without a shot fired. Once the Airfield is secure, a massive air invasion, landing at Deadhorse, Alaska.

I think there is little USA Military could do without destroying that fragile infrastructure. There is only one road into that complex from Fairbanks, Alaska so getting ground troops in place for recapture would involve crossing hundreds of miles of treeless tundra.

To my knowledge we have ZERO Military assets with-in hundreds of miles of that massive oil infrastructure.

Who is invading?

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

A joint Russia and China action would show the rest of the world that there was a clear shift in world power. Nearly all NATO assets would be checkmated in Western Europe by the land mass of Russia/China.

Who is invading? Russia over the Bering Strait?

Profile photo of Max Velocity
    Max
    Keymaster

Didn’t something like that happen in a book?

A detailed scenario could be used as a strategic level Intel and planning exercise. Need: scenario, situation enemy and friendly forces.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

I have pitched the basic outline before. You could write it. Bergmann could be a model for the “Free’Scouts” of Alaska.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

I don’t have the time or the inclination. I’m working on a Solution for the tactics Forums here…loading is actually saving me time.

WTf is FSA?

Bergmann

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

This is just one version. After going back I remembered I tossed the idea. I actually found it in the Waste Bin in my computer as I abandoned the idea and discarded all the drafts. I was surprised I had this one left..

Some details are obvious, others vague- but the point is to get the mind thinking in different directions. Yes the themes is from Red Dawn. RD was based on an actual strategic event study, so why not.

This is set to private so dont send the link anywhere.. if it looks unavailable it will still play. Watch it all before opening the sucks..

Bergmann

Profile photo of Robert
    Robert
    Participant

A detailed scenario could be used as a strategic level Intel and planning exercise. Need: scenario, situation enemy and friendly forces.

Early 1980’s movie called World War III. Lee Majors (Six Million Dollar man) and a ragtag group of Alaska NG beat back da rooskies with a clever use of culverts LOL. Rock Hudson was the president, so it’s clear that the rooskies saw a *** in the white house and realized we were weak so they attacked. Wait a second, Obama….. Oh damn!

www.jrhenterprises.com
    RMP, TC3, NODF, CRCD 6/14, CP 9/14. NODF, Land Nav, 6/15. Rifleman Challenge 9/15- Vanguard. FOFtactics 3/16, 10/16, 11/16, 6/17,11/17 CTT, 6/15, 11/16, , LRMC-1 9/17 GA Mobile CTT and DA 10/16, GA mobile DCH 3/18, HEAT1 3/18 Alum weekend 8/18, Opfor CLC 10/18, DA 11/18 CQBC 12/18

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Steven Seagal……did a shoot’em up movie “On Deadly Ground” based on Alaska Oil Field. Filmed on location, Valdez, Alaska. (Was a lame movie).

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Wow…..must have taken hundreds of hours to create that. I liked it, don’t know why you trashed it…. :good: :good:

This is just one version. After going back I remembered I tossed the idea. I actually found it in the Waste Bin in my computer as I abandoned the idea and discarded all the drafts. I was surprised I had this one left..

Some details are obvious, others vague- but the point is to get the mind thinking in different directions. Yes the themes is from Red Dawn. RD was based on an actual strategic event study, so why not.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Thanks.

It took a while.. making a vid thats 5 minutes long after editing can take over 10 hours including conversion and loading to YT.. Thats nothing compared to the amount of time it takes to make the clips and the PITA that can be out in the wilds

Bergmann

Profile photo of Joe (G.W.N.S.)
    Joe (G.W.N.S.)

This is just one version.

I really enjoyed that, awesome job! :good:

I’ve often wondered how many Cold War remnants of sleeper cells still exist.

Not to mention the extent and disposition of Spetsnaz supply caches, as most here are familiar many WWII caches have been discovered still in useful condition.

I have heard believable rumors of such caches discovered in Adak.

Decommissioned now, the former NAF Adak was an important part of ASW operations in the event of war with the former Soviet Union.

Liberating Alaska would be a difficult proposition giving the current status of our armed forces.

Disrupting the supply chain would still be within our current capability.

The question of National Leadership, however is the biggest potential problem IMHO.

I would rather die with my ideals intact, than be victorious by becoming all that I oppose!

This why I can never be truly defeated!

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Speaking of Caches……I am making every effort to stop using that word for what I do. I like the word…….but, it makes people crazy. So now I just refer to upgrading Moose Camp #4 or High Camp #2 oddly people seem OK with that…. :unsure:

Profile photo of Joe (G.W.N.S.)
    Joe (G.W.N.S.)

Speaking of Caches…

I can understand that when speaking to most people.

I would rather die with my ideals intact, than be victorious by becoming all that I oppose!

This why I can never be truly defeated!

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

It seems that people think anyone with caches is “Crazy”.

Like Waylon Jennings…..
    “I’ve always been different with one foot over the line
    Winding up somewhere one step ahead or behind
    It ain’t been so easy but I guess I shouldn’t complain
    I’ve always been crazy but it’s kept me from going insane”.
    :yahoo: :yahoo:

Speaking of Caches…

I can understand that when speaking to most people.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

I use the term “Survival pod”. Not because I care what ppl think ..
    Bergmann

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

This is just one version.

I really enjoyed that, awesome job! :good:

I’ve often wondered how many Cold War remnants of sleeper cells still exist.

Not to mention the extent and disposition of Spetsnaz supply caches, as most here are familiar many WWII caches have been discovered still in useful condition.

I have heard believable rumors of such caches discovered in Adak.

Decommissioned now, the former NAF Adak was an important part of ASW operations in the event of war with the former Soviet Union.

Liberating Alaska would be a difficult proposition giving the current status of our armed forces.

Disrupting the supply chain would still be within our current capability.

The question of National Leadership, however is the biggest potential problem IMHO.

Thanks Florida..

Profile photo of DiznNC
    DiznNC
    Participant

Well I guess the question I would ask, is why? I mean I know they want to take out Bergmann and all, but to what end would they invade AK? “Lebensraum”? The oil? All of Bergmnann’s caches?

If I wuz Putin I would be afraid of a weak ‘mericun leadership and military right now, that might have no other choice than to go nuclear, or go home. So that’s one hell of a gamble. How lucky do you feel?

Joint mil ops between Russia and China? That’s a sporty proposition. Probably see Hillary give Trump a lap dance first.

There are spec ops troops up there.

There are rumors of recce’s across the straits- both ways.

But all-out invasion? Only if they take advantage of an already present crisis, like an economic collapse. You know the scenario; the perfect storm n all.

CTT 1505, NODF 1505, CP 1503, LN 1, RC II, Rifleman

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

The “why’ would only come about under the right circumstances..Like anything else its how the dominoes will fall but its certainly not in the realm of impossibility but rather very possible. The lines are being drawn for access to the Arctic resources with arguments and disagreements already simmering.

Alaska is a treasure trove of natural resources, not even including the now open Arctic. So much so they are building a new pipeline but for natural gas this time. And they have discovered copper in profitable quantities here now with a couple new mines opening up. Its said there is more oil under Alaska then Suadi Arabia and the politicians are smart to suck all they can from the ME before starting on ours.

The Soviets have opened long closed bases from the cold war and are restoring cold war military bases with full modern assets. Likewise they are rebuilding many old cold war military infrastructures here to. the one that comes to mind is the NIKE base above Eagle River.

Japan understood the value of Alaska but misjudge their actions and lost.

and no one will find my cashes.. i cannot even find them..

Bergmann

Profile photo of RampantRaptor
    rampantraptor
    Participant

In peacetime, both the Russians and the Chinese would have far too much to lose than to gain by an invasion of Alaska. China (and North Korea) have little to no force projection capability and Chinese demand for raw minerals is being met by nearly risk-free investments in sub-Saharan Africa. Russia has the capability to invade Alaska but they also have all of Siberia to loot for resources, so the need on their part isn’t there. Furthermore, Putin’s particular brand of hybrid warfare relies on local pro-Putin Russian-speaking populations to use as proxies, because plausible deniability and all. Alaska lacks that in sufficient quantities, and if random Russians started speaking up in Alaska to invite their new Russian overlords they would quickly be outnumbered and dealt with. The only way I could see Alaska being attacked would be in a World War III scenario, and mainly as a diversionary tactic to distract US forces from population south. If we’re talking a conventional conflict without the use of nuclear weapons, Alaska would be a needed staging area for Russian forces to reach south to Oregon, California, et. al. (the Russians also have their own issues with force projection) but I don’t see any invasion of the US not ending in tactical nuke strikes.

#RaqqaSummer2017
    - - -
    Jîn, Jiyan, Azadî

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.