Small Unit Tactics contact patriot-dawn Patriot Rising

Hurricane Florence

Home Forums Self-Reliance & Preparedness Hurricane Florence

This topic contains 20 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of RampantRaptor rampantraptor 4 days, 2 hours ago.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Joe (G.W.N.S.)
    Joe (G.W.N.S.)

I hope everyone is prepared, remembering even those outside of current threat could see issues.

Hurricanes have been known to do unusual things once making landfall.

Those who are both North and South of current threat zone should have tentative plans and preparations in place.

Even the remnants of this will most likely effect those in the Northeast in the form of heavy rain as it breaks up.

I recommend reviewing the Hurricane Preparedness Thread even if you have been through hurricanes, is easy to overlook things.

I would rather die with my ideals intact, than be victorious by becoming all that I oppose!

This why I can never be truly defeated!

Joe (G.W.N.S.)

For planning purposes.

I would rather die with my ideals intact, than be victorious by becoming all that I oppose!

Profile photo of A_A_Ron2guns
    A_A_Ron2guns
    Participant

This is great info. I’m worried about being put on our emergency deployment schedule and what the family will do while I’m away. It’s not far but in an emergency even short distances are like being on the moon.

You are what you do, when it counts. -The Masao

Not the other Aaron's in this industry!

Joe (G.W.N.S.)

…what the family will do while I’m away.

Definitely a unappreciated point of being part of the response to these events.

Stay safe.

Profile photo of SeanT
    SeanT

Hurricane Watch Net

If you have a shortwave receiver capable of sideband, you can tune in to the net on the 2 frequencies listed in the link. If you don’t have a receiver, search the internet for “online software defined receiver” or try some of these listed here:
    http://www.websdr.org/

Joe (G.W.N.S.)

Something I have overlooked in regards to this event, dams!

If you live downstream of a dam this is certainly another consideration.

Many fans even if the remain intact will have difficulty dealing with this potential rain in such a short time. Additionally such overflows can cause dams lose integrity quite fast and with little warning.

Nothing to necessarily freak out over, but you need to be aware of such threats.

Joe (G.W.N.S.)

Updates

Profile photo of Andrew
    Andrew
    Participant

Daughter #4 and kids already evacuated Beaufort day before yesterday. Husband had to stay at the air base. Oh well.

Joe (G.W.N.S.)

Florence has weakened considerably, winds around 100 mph are still a big deal, but compared to 140 mph that was the threat this much better.

While I don’t want to add to anyones fears, this is still a dangerous hurricane, definitely not time to be complacent.

When Irma hit my area winds were only around 65 mph and there was considerable damage.

Flooding is still a major threat as well.

Stay safe!

Joe (G.W.N.S.)

Well overall they lucked out with the weakening of Florence, but of course many didn’t take things serious and are now calling for help. :wacko:

Hope all here are safe.

Last I heard it’s moving at 6 mph which is going to make things last a long time.

Profile photo of Robert
    Robert
    Participant

Thanks for the updates Joe, they are appreciated! :good:

www.jrhenterprises.com
    RMP, TC3, NODF, CRCD 6/14, CP 9/14. NODF, Land Nav, 6/15. Rifleman Challenge 9/15- Vanguard. FOFtactics 3/16, 10/16, 11/16, 6/17,11/17 CTT, 6/15, 11/16, , LRMC-1 9/17 GA Mobile CTT and DA 10/16, GA mobile DCH 3/18, HEAT1 3/18 Alum weekend 8/18

Joe (G.W.N.S.)

Florence downgraded to tropical storm after first deaths reported in North Carolina

Jason Weinmann, a retired Marine, says he is using his own military truck to rescue residents of New Bern, North Carolina.

President Trump salutes the Cajun Navy for lending a hand with recuse operations in the Carolinas. “THANK YOU!” the president tweeted.

Weatherman dramatically braces for Hurricane Florence while 2 guys casually stroll by
    :yahoo: fake news at its best!

Joe (G.W.N.S.)

Joe (G.W.N.S.)

While not as spectacular as some events this is still a threat to many!

The storm is currently swirling at a near-standstill, dumping torrential rain over areas already flooded by seawater and swelling rivers across both states.

► At least 11 people are dead as Tropical Storm Florence batters the Carolinas.

► North Carolina’s New Bern and Wilmington experienced severe flooding and extensive building damage.

► Reuters reports at least 974,000 customers are without power across the Carolinas.

► Experts estimate $10 billion to $60 billion in economic damages.

► At least 2,400 flights have been canceled.

Joe (G.W.N.S.)

Flash flood watches have been posted by the National Weather Service in much of South Carolina, North Carolina, southwestern Virginia and far southern West Virginia.

In many areas the worst is yet to come as various bodies of water build to flood stage.

Joe (G.W.N.S.)

CNN couldn’t let the Weather Channel out do them! ;-)

“Let’s find a deep hole too stand in for dramatic effect!”

B-)

Think they only do this for hurricanes? :wacko:

Fake News!!

Don’t trust the propaganda machine!

Don’t be a useful idiot!

Plenty of real news regarding this storm, too bad the propaganda machine is busy playing Hollywood! :yes:

Profile photo of JohnnyMac
    JohnnyMac
    Participant

Fake News!!

I know media has always had political agendas, but anyone with more life experience than me remember when the media started broadcasting straight up propaganda/fantasy? Have things really changed, or has it always been this way, only that with today’s technology (“every man a sensor” has become a bit chilling) it’s easier to uncover the truth?

Profile photo of First Sergeant
    First Sergeant

Fake News!!

I know media has always had political agendas, but anyone with more life experience than me remember when the media started broadcasting straight up propaganda/fantasy? Have things really changed, or has it always been this way, only that with today’s technology (“every man a sensor” has become a bit chilling) it’s easier to uncover the truth?

It has always been that way. As you said, with today’s technology it is easier to fact check it.

Case in point, Walter Cronkite. Everybody believed every word that came out of his mouth. He was a liar and at least a communist sympathizer. He deliberately and maliciously lied in his reporting on Vietnam. He wanted the communist to win and for the U.S. to suffer. He admitted to it later and is still held as someone to emulate. I hope he is rotting in hell.

Another one is Peter Jennings. He was another in the Cronkite mold. When Gulf War 1 kicked off, of course he was there reporting on it. A buddy of mine was getting of the plane in Saudi Arabia, Jennings stuck a mike in his face and asked “How does it feel knowing you are going to die for nothing?”

I could go on and on. Point is, if it’s a reporter or a so called “journalist” they have an agenda.

FILO
    Signal out, can you identify.
    Je ne regrette rien...
    Klagt Nicht, Kämpft

Profile photo of Andrew
    Andrew
    Participant

Case in point, Walter Cronkite. Everybody believed every word that came out of his mouth. He was a liar and at least a communist sympathizer. He deliberately and maliciously lied in his reporting on Vietnam. He wanted the communist to win and for the U.S. to suffer. He admitted to it later and is still held as someone to emulate. I hope he is rotting in hell.

Same two that came to mind when I read this. Cronkite especially.
    Don’t forget dear old Huntley and Brinkley, two more Totalitarian stooges.

Profile photo of Hessian
    Hessian
    Participant

The media has been straight up propaganda since the beginning especially since 1900 on.

The issue is that these days the media (TV, and print) are not the only gate keepers of news thanks to the internet.

Profile photo of RampantRaptor
    rampantraptor
    Participant

Don’t 100% trust anything you don’t have direct sources to. Cross-verify, learn how to identify loaded phrases and weasel words. I have God-knows how many news apps on my phone, national, international, local, left-wing, right-wing, and everything in-between.

#RaqqaSummer2017
    - - -
    Jîn, Jiyan, Azadî

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.