Small Unit Tactics contact patriot-dawn Patriot Rising

I just went nuts for Arktis

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Max VelocityMax
    Keymaster

Confession time. I followed that link on SSD and went to the Arktis USA ebay page. I ordered a hot weather shirt (large) and ranger pants (36 x 31) in the ‘comb’ or arid pattern they do. I received the package today and they threw in the arid boonie hat as well, so I have the whole ensemble. I’m sitting here right now. I’m so excited.

I just wrote to them to see whether they do a combat short (UBAC?) in the same arid pattern. I have attached a photo I pulled off their website to show the camo type.

Not only is the gear really good, but what makes it is the camo pattern. Its simply great. It looks more like a dirty shirt than a camp pattern. I think it has a lot of utility.

The pants come with inserted hard knee pads and will also accept the crye pads. So not only are they cheaper than crye, but if you want you can get them in multicam as well…

I wnated a pattern that was not multicam for uses when I wnated to distance myself from that pattern, or specific military camo patterns.

Anyway, I just had to confess my folly. Look for me in my new gear at the next class!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Profile photo of riflemanivriflemaniv
    Participant

Interesting camo pattern. Kinda reminds me of a desert version of the camo pattern used on the Dennison smocks. Off to eBay to check the Arktis gear.

CTT1504, NODF 1504, CP 1610

Keymaster

Well, I would hold your horses, becasue if the same guy writes back to me who I was in touch with years ago about smocks, I may be able to organize some sort of discount code or deal for the MVT Forum.

Profile photo of wheelseewheelsee
    Participant

Looks like you could’ve come in out of the oil field or farm fields after working on the machinery……good choice….would blend in around here pretty easy

Which is heavier - a soldier's pack or a slave's chains? Napoleon

Strength, Honor. Maximus (Gladiator)

If you tolerate evil, you yourself are evil.
    Col Hugo Martinez, Commander Search Bloc

William, in The Republic - CRS/CTT 2017, HEAT 2/CQB/FonF 2018, DCH 2018

Keymaster
    Profile photo of BrushpopperBrushpopper
    Participant

Just visited their page, looks like good gear, nice pattern. Looks like it would blend well with our yellowish/brown dead grass here in south Texas.

~ Little - South Texas

Profile photo of Idaho Cajunidahocajun
    Participant

If you can get the hook up on a discount, I’d order some of their gear.

Profile photo of Joe (G.W.N.S.)Joe (G.W.N.S.)

I just wrote to them to see whether they do a combat short (UBAC?) in the same arid pattern.

I might be interested in that, let us know what they say.

Keymaster

Joe: I meant shirt, not short. You?

Alan told me in email they can get me the combat shirt in arid. He also mentioned working together on promoting this stuff, but I have not heard back from him today.

It is interesting that as much as I get shut out by the tacticool crowd, Arktis have always been willing to work with MVT. Old school?

Profile photo of JohnnyMacJohnnyMac
    Participant

combat short

Are these similar to the rhodesian high cut shorts?

Profile photo of tangotango
    Participant

MVT: the Rhodies of the tacticool community.

Baptême du feu
    L'appel du vide

I wanted a pattern that was not multicam for uses when I wanted to distance myself from that pattern, or specific military camo patterns.

As you know that is why I ended up choosing Realtree Xtra as my current primary camo. Even though I am happy with Realtree I am not against evaluating different patterns. I have considered a Smock in their Real Leaf pattern.

If you have time I would be interested in the inseam length actual vs advertised. Given the UK site info I need somewhere between a Long (33″) and Extra Long (35″) inseam.

I meant shirt, not short. You?

I meant shorts. ;-)

I like knocking around in the summer here in Florida wearing obscure camo pattern shorts. I know they make a “shorts” version of their Ranger trousers.

I guess I need to email them about the inseam and sleeve lengths.

It is interesting that as much as I get shut out by the tacticool crowd, Arktis have always been willing to work with MVT. Old school?

I think a combination of “old school” and as noted in this thread the newer generation; at least here in the US, have forgotten about Arktis. Anything to increase awareness would be great for them.

As counterintuitive as it may seem to some, I think this Comb Arid could work well in my AO.

Somewhat surprising to many you don’t really need a lot of green in my area assuming you have experience.

That said, I would still like to see a “Comb Tropic.” ;-)

The pants come with inserted hard knee pads and will also accept the crye pads. So not only are they cheaper than crye, but if you want you can get them in multicam as well…

Since you recently got some Crye also, how do you compare the quality between the two?

Profile photo of lovemygearlovemygear
    Participant

I have had the Arktis 705 smock in this pattern for a while now. I find it to be a pretty effective 3 season camo, especially here in Utah. (Too light for late spring and summer, but by then it is too hot for a smock anyway.)

Profile photo of Trailmantrailman
    Participant

I like it it sort of looks like over washed A-TACS. I have a surplus Britmil smock, wouldn’t mind getting a new one from these guys.

CRM, CTT 1501, CP11/15, CTT5/16, FoF, DCH, CLC Opfor, Team Minion

Just remember, Anne Frank was a criminal because the government made her one and she died because she broke the law.

Profile photo of John DJohn D
    Participant

Hello everybody, I´m new to the forum and for the time just reading up
    on old(er) threads and posts.

If you are looking for a new smock, the british military smocks in DPM, Desert or MTP-Pattern can be had on ebay brandnew for about 50-60 bucks all day long.
    May be an economic choice for a “work” garment, disregard this however if you want/need the arctis pattern or want something made in uk ;-)

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.