Small Unit Tactics contact patriot-dawn Patriot Rising

Joining Fellow Patriots – Northern VA, MD, DC

Home Forums The Lounge The local Meeting Spot Joining Fellow Patriots – Northern VA, MD, DC

This topic contains 21 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Max Damage maxdamage 2 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of batsoff
    batsoff
    Participant

All… after speaking with F, it doesn’t appear that he has the cycles to coordinate our local get together (this site and other commitments are keeping him pretty busy).

Let’s try again as I would very much like to meet the local population and start building our network.

Please PM me if you are interested in getting together, please include your location so we can plan accordingly. Also feel free to drop me your email, I’ll start building a list of local contacts.

We’ll work on getting 2 events set up in April, if you can’t make the 1st, hopefully you can join us for the 2nd (or both).

Feedback Welcome…

-batsoff

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Rob,

thanks for taking over the meeting coordinator role for NoVa. :good:
    I am just swamped with the admin stuff thats going on in the background here.. :wacko:

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Did you PM me?
    I am changing providers. well at least I meant to.. .. I’ll call u from my landline

Profile photo of JustARandomGuy
    JustARandomGuy
    Participant

Hey Batsoff.
    Good to see you made it over here.

"Time come Kimosabe, when good men must wear masks."
    ~Tanto

Profile photo of batsoff
    batsoff
    Participant

Hey Batsoff, Good to see you made it over here.

Thanks! I thought about looping you in to this thread, but I know you are a little too far south for the NoVA group. Any chance of you making it up this way any time soon?

-batsoff

Profile photo of batsoff
    batsoff
    Participant

UPDATE:

The time and location for the 1st NoVA meet has been determined. If you are local to this AO and would like details, please PM me and I’ll add you to the current email thread.

-batsoff

Profile photo of JustARandomGuy
    JustARandomGuy
    Participant

Thanks! I thought about looping you in to this thread, but I know you are a little too far south for the NoVA group. Any chance of you making it up this way any time soon?

-batsoff

Depends on how far north you guys are planning on hanging out-
    most likely probably not in the near future- more a travel expenses/time issue than lack of “want”. :cry:

"Time come Kimosabe, when good men must wear masks."
    ~Tanto

Profile photo of SeanT
    SeanT

Which side of the mountain??

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Maybe we could ahve it just a tad south of DC on I95 next time?
    That way we may catch some of the central VA guys :unsure:

Profile photo of Dark Knight Scott
    Scott G
    Participant

I wonder if Max is going to start requesting a speaking fee to appear at our gatherings? Or maybe we will have to license the the MVT name. LOL.

I am willing to travel within a reasonable distance!

Northern VA Area

CRCD #1 Alumnus

Profile photo of batsoff
    batsoff
    Participant

The 2nd NoVA meet is currently being planned for the week of 5/12, if you would like details, please PM me. Meeting will be held in Gainesville, VA.

-batsoff

Profile photo of LouF
    LouF
    Participant

I’m sorry I missed the first two get togethers. I’m in Maryland but can travel south to meet. Please keep me posted.

Lou

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Be sure to PM batsoff for the location.
    next one is tomorrow!

Profile photo of SeanT
    SeanT

Last nights meet was fun. Too bad the venue was so loud, put a damper on some of the “getting to know each other”
    Food was decent though. We were able to leverage a closed facility next door that had a patio with tables.
    I enjoyed meeting new people and the discourse we had regarding what we were in this for.

I think if we follow thru and map out some initial steps for organization, we will be on a good path to building a solid group that all members can be comfortable relying on for mutual aid, etc.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Sean ,

it was good to finally meet you in person.

Profile photo of batsoff
    batsoff
    Participant

The NoVA Group is still alive and well… next meeting details below:

Date: Friday, July 25th
    Time: 7:00pm – 10:00pm (or whenever)
    AO: Leesburg, VA
    Rally Point: PM batsoff for details

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Thad:

Thanks for the heads up! :good:

Profile photo of D Close
    D Close

Great move steppin up on the forum Ray. Many of us have met other rationalists in meatspace from here. I’m in southern VA so I hope to run into you soon. You will enjoy your MVT class. I promise.

The only easy day was yesterday

Profile photo of zeerf
    zeerf
    Participant

Hey all, Bryan here. Recently took the Defensive Concealed Handgun class Aug 20-21. I Enjoyed the class and learned a ton. I am looking forward to CTT (my current goal it to be in the Nov class as I am still gathering gear and ammo). Would like to meet some like minded folks and these forums seem to be a much better place to start than some of the other options I have tried. I have come to the quick realization no matter how good I am or how much “crap” I have surviving anything substantial on our own is not likely to play out well. I recently moved the the RVA area (sorry if I am posting in the wrong section) from CLT NC area and grew up in Asheville/Hendersonville NC area. Just over 5 years in the Army as a 63T (Track mechanic) now an Information Security field. Recently getting back into shape and working on expanding my skills as well as gear and supplies. I have made some silly mistakes gear wise and would like to find some folks to chat with and hopefully meet/train with if things worked out.

That is me for now, not sure what else to post. if you need any specific info please feel free to PM me.

-Bryan

Profile photo of Max Damage
    maxdamage
    Participant

Greetings once again,
    Here previously prior to new format. Have not attended any MVT but hope to as my physical abilities improve( I’m just old), located in S. MD. Looking for anyone an hour or so with similar interests, will be checking in frequently again.
    Stay Safe and Train Hard

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.