Small Unit Tactics contact patriot-dawn Patriot Rising

Leader's Course – FIRED UP 2.0

Home Forums Training: Preparation and Answers Leader's Course – FIRED UP 2.0

This topic contains 51 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Idaho Cajun idahocajun 1 month ago.

Viewing 22 posts - 31 through 52 (of 52 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of tango
    tango
    Participant

What radio gear is recommended or required?

We used no radio gear last year. With that said, radios would have been helpful for squad leaders and team leaders (so 4 total).

I’m sure we’ll have plenty, but it can’t hurt to bring some.

Radios are not required. In fact, we will use some great ways to communicate without them.

They *could* be very useful. If you plan to use radios please make sure you seriously hash them out before hand. Test them out, make sure your batteries are charged, make sure your headsets work, make sure you know how to program them, make sure you are actually TX & RX well, etc.

If you bring a radio, please pre-program your radio’s first 6 channels as follows:

1) 462.550 (GMRS 15)
    2) 462.575 (GMRS 16)
    3) 462.600 (GMRS 17)
    4) 151.820 (MURS 1)
    5) 151.880 (MURS 2)
    6) 151.940 (MURS 3)
    Standard offsets and TX PL Tones apply. If you don’t know what that means, please ask or research it.

I have a cool idea for one of our Night Patrols but need some help from you guys. Does anybody have 2 radios setup as a basic repeater, something like this:

Baptême du feu
    L'appel du vide

Profile photo of TC
    TC
    Participant

Great news about the additional signup!

@tango Thanks for the rundown. Will def be doing a night patrol then.

SE Florida ☆ CQBC 2017 ☆ CTT/DA 2017 ☆ CLC 2018

Profile photo of Max Velocity
    Max
    Keymaster

Just took the 13th student booking. :yahoo:

Profile photo of JohnnyMac
    JohnnyMac
    Participant

Just took the 13th student booking

If, miraculously, students 14, 15, etc. are interested, could they be accommodated?

Max
    Keymaster

Just took the 13th student booking

If, miraculously, students 14, 15, etc. are interested, could they be accommodated?

IF: there would be no room for squadn leader appointments, and potentially issues with UTM stock.

Max
    Keymaster

We had a cancellation. Dimitri. Legit reasons. So we went from the magical 13 back down to the not so magical 12.

Profile photo of tango
    tango
    Participant

Tip for those of you bringing a camp stove, especially one of the backpacking types (MSR, JetBoil, etc.), propane is much cheaper to run than the IsoButane tanks you would carry/run while hiking/patrolling. Get yourself one of these:
    Propane Tank Adaptor

So that you can hook up to some of these:
    Coleman Propane (Walmart)

Baptême du feu
    L'appel du vide

Profile photo of tango
    tango
    Participant

Does anyone else that is attending have a roll up J-Pole antenna? Particularly that you have the correct SMA connectors to interface with a Baofeng?

Baptême du feu
    L'appel du vide

Profile photo of Idaho Cajun
    idahocajun
    Participant

Negative, trying to pack minimalist for the trip. Now I don’t even need to bring a rifle.

Profile photo of Robert
    Robert
    Participant

Does anyone going to CLC need any of the older extreme cold weather military clothing? Going through some personal stocks I found a bunch of this stuff. More than happy to bring it and it’s yours free, let me know.

www.jrhenterprises.com
    RMP, TC3, NODF, CRCD 6/14, CP 9/14. NODF, Land Nav, 6/15. Rifleman Challenge 9/15- Vanguard. FOFtactics 3/16, 10/16, 11/16, 6/17,11/17 CTT, 6/15, 11/16, , LRMC-1 9/17 GA Mobile CTT and DA 10/16, GA mobile DCH 3/18, HEAT1 3/18 Alum weekend 8/18, Opfor CLC 10/18, DA 11/18

Profile photo of JohnnyMac
    JohnnyMac
    Participant

older extreme cold weather military clothing?

Like a parka and smokers jacket?

Profile photo of tango
    tango
    Participant

Robert’s been fighting the good fight so long it’s probably bison fur and hide booties.

:yahoo: ;-)

Baptême du feu
    L'appel du vide

Profile photo of Robert
    Robert
    Participant

Robert’s been fighting the good fight so long it’s probably bison fur and hide booties.

That’s right young man, I skinned that “Grizz” LMAO :good:

www.jrhenterprises.com
    RMP, TC3, NODF, CRCD 6/14, CP 9/14. NODF, Land Nav, 6/15. Rifleman Challenge 9/15- Vanguard. FOFtactics 3/16, 10/16, 11/16, 6/17,11/17 CTT, 6/15, 11/16, , LRMC-1 9/17 GA Mobile CTT and DA 10/16, GA mobile DCH 3/18, HEAT1 3/18 Alum weekend 8/18, Opfor CLC 10/18, DA 11/18

Profile photo of tango
    tango
    Participant

WARNO

At least 1 night mission will be to deploy a simplex repeater system in order to facilitate robust cross property radio comms. Main effort will be successful deployment of this radio system at point TBD. We will carry to, setup, and test the radio system at point TBD. Radio Equipment will be provided. Radio system will remain in place for as long as possible (days) before being retrieved. Radio function tests will be conducted prior to mission launch to verify radio function.

Combat Service Support of 12 hours, Body Armor discouraged, maximum camo encouraged, suggest use of any available NODs, tend to lights for maximum light discipline. Max patrol size 5 people.

Assemble @ FOB NLT 1945hrs, kick off NLT 2000hrs. Estimated mission time <4 hours total.

Baptême du feu
    L'appel du vide

idahocajun
    Participant

I swear…it’s for a camping trip! Looking forward to a solid week of training, long day of travel for me tomorrow. Safe travels to everyone!

@tango
    I’m still debating on bringing my NOD’s. Don’t want to check them, I assume I can carry them on. I’ll likely do the night patrol with you if there’s still room.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Profile photo of tango
    tango
    Participant

@idahocajun If you can bring them, great. If not, don’t worry about it. There will definitely be room.

Safe travels!

Baptême du feu
    L'appel du vide

Profile photo of wheelsee
    wheelsee
    Participant

I swear…it’s for a camping trip! Looking forward to a solid week of training, long day of travel for me tomorrow. Safe travels to everyone!

You could save a LOT of space – wear your boots, helmet, and face mask on the plane……. :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

Which is heavier - a soldier's pack or a slave's chains? Napoleon

Strength, Honor. Maximus (Gladiator)

If you tolerate evil, you yourself are evil.
    Col Hugo Martinez, Commander Search Bloc

William, in The Republic - CRS/CTT 2017, HEAT 2/CQB/FonF 2018, DCH 2018

Profile photo of Trailman
    trailman
    Participant

That’s right young man, I skinned that “Grizz” LMAO :good:

Hey I have an outfit like that.

CRM, CTT 1501, CP11/15, CTT5/16, FoF, DCH, CLC Opfor, Team Minion

Just remember, Anne Frank was a criminal because the government made her one and she died because she broke the law.

idahocajun
    Participant

MVT main website appears to be down. Can anyone let me know what time we need to be boots on the ground ready to go at the VTC tomorrow? I’m in between flights but will check again when I hit DC. Thanks!

Profile photo of Trailman
    trailman
    Participant

MVT main website appears to be down. Can anyone let me know what time we need to be boots on the ground ready to go at the VTC tomorrow? I’m in between flights but will check again when I hit DC. Thanks!

I’m getting there around four, got a stop to make on the way.

CRM, CTT 1501, CP11/15, CTT5/16, FoF, DCH, CLC Opfor, Team Minion

Just remember, Anne Frank was a criminal because the government made her one and she died because she broke the law.

Max
    Keymaster

I have no idea why the site went down. Extremely bad timing with going up on SSD today for the SOR.

The published start time for the CLC on Sunday is 1500hrs i.e. 3PM. We need everyone there for that time for initial brief etc.

Have people not read this?

idahocajun
    Participant

I had, but when I went to the site to confirm…it was down. Thought it couldn’t hurt to confirm after traveling 2000 miles. Poor form to show up late if I don’t have a good reason.

Viewing 22 posts - 31 through 52 (of 52 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.