Small Unit Tactics contact patriot-dawn Patriot Rising

Living Life!

Home Forums The Lounge Living Life!

This topic contains 8 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Pinky Pinky 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Joe (G.W.N.S.)
    Joe (G.W.N.S.)

So we talk about threats we face, preparations made, and tactical fitness.

These are important, however don’t forget to enjoy life. ;-)

I survive to live, I don’t live to survive.

A balanced approach is required, yes we may face perilous times in the future, but this is all the more reason to make sure you set some time aside to enjoy life.

Hopefully I am preaching to the choir here, but I’ve seen many over the years get so focused of what may come they forget those precious moments right now.

I just spent some time building Legos with a 10 year old, this is as important as anything else I do.

Earlier I took my dogs on a long hike enjoying a beautiful Sun filled Florida day at 74°F (apologies to you snowbound Yankees!).

Enjoy life so you truly have some reasons survive.

Profile photo of Roadkill
    Roadkill
    Participant

Frozen lakes are all right with me.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

RS/CTT Nov 16
    HEAT1 Aug18

Joe (G.W.N.S.)

Frozen lakes are all right with me.

As long as your living it up! ;-)

Profile photo of Trailman
    trailman
    Participant

Funny. I just read a crossposz from organic prepper on this. You need zo stop and smell the roses.

CRM, CTT 1501, CP11/15, CTT5/16, FoF, DCH, CLC Opfor, Team Minion

Just remember, Anne Frank was a criminal because the government made her one and she died because she broke the law.

Profile photo of Lloyd
    shooter
    Participant

These are “the good old days”! Enjoy them while you can.

---

We are all victims of our perspective.

Joe (G.W.N.S.)

Some applicable thoughts from the past. ;-)

May 29, 2014

A major problem many have that prepare for the contingencies discussed on this forum and many others is Balance!

I am a lifelong Survivalist or Prepper in today’s speak. I am the third generation in my family to embrace preparedness. It is a lifestyle maintaining a state of readiness. In addition I am a retired career Military.

I prepare so we can live, I do not live to prepare!

Consider those words carefully and evaluate your own life.

Take time to reflect, Pray for guidance and wisdom, but do not waste today’s life in preparation for tomorrows. Get out with family and friends, have some fun while time is available.

Enjoy the little things in life.

There is sufficient time to live your life and prepare, accept the fact you will never be prepared for everything, strive for perfection without expecting perfection.

Hug your Wife and Kids, don’t have any hug your Dog!

Prepare to live, don’t live to prepare!

May 26, 2017

Use current events to plant seeds for thought, but don’t become the “doom and gloom” guy.

Work for balance in preparations with your life.

We prepare to live, not live to prepare!

August 13, 2018

I thought it was apparent for anyone following my Threads/Posts, but let me clarify again.

I do not prepare for a financial collapse, asteroid, climate change, alien invaision, tyrannical regimes, or any other specific Event!

I prepare because “shit happens!” B-)

I don’t trust my survival on luck or governments.

I have experienced many natural disasters to include earthquakes, volcanos, hurricanes/typhoons, icestorms, and blizzards.

My being prepared made all of these comfortable experiences compared to most and allowed me to help others.

I’ve seen war, genocide, and many oppressive governments.

This demonstrated the evil nature of men who; without prepared men of good character to oppose them, commit acts so unbelievable that most can’t accept it and pretend it can’t happen again!

I don’t live to prepare, I prepare to live!

Far more to my life than than preparations. ;-)

Again “shit happens!” :yes:

Edit to add: This isn’t directed at any individual, I’ve gained much experience as a moderator here at MVT. This is a preemptive reminder of why I believe in preparedness. Skill and stuff in that order, moderated with enjoying life when times are good. With a lifetime of preparedness experience behind me, a prepared mindset doesn’t dwell solely on survival, but living life.

I have nothing to worry about, I am prepared! B-)

Profile photo of Robert
    Robert
    Participant

Can I get an amen?? Yes hell yes.

Out at SHOT but off to the spa right now to heed Joe’s advice!!!

www.jrhenterprises.com
    RMP, TC3, NODF, CRCD 6/14, CP 9/14. NODF, Land Nav, 6/15. Rifleman Challenge 9/15- Vanguard. FOFtactics 3/16, 10/16, 11/16, 6/17,11/17 CTT, 6/15, 11/16, , LRMC-1 9/17 GA Mobile CTT and DA 10/16, GA mobile DCH 3/18, HEAT1 3/18 Alum weekend 8/18, Opfor CLC 10/18, DA 11/18 CQBC 12/18

Joe (G.W.N.S.)

Out at SHOT but off to the spa right now to heed Joe’s advice!!!

Enjoy!
    :good:

Profile photo of Pinky
    Pinky
    Participant

A-men!

"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms."
    -- Thomas Jefferson

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.