Small Unit Tactics contact patriot-dawn Patriot Rising

Long Range Precision on a Budget!

Home Forums Precision Rifle Long Range Precision on a Budget!

This topic contains 34 replies, has 21 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Keeper aka "Sun Shine" Keeper 2 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 31 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Roger Hilfer
    RotorHead
    Participant

Ruger Precision Rifle in 6.5 Creedmoor (gen2)
    Optic is an ITT 7201 (day/night)
    Bipod is a Caldwell (not that happy with it)

Only have access to a 500 yd meadow, but will be signing up for one of the LR classes. That fits better than running the hills of MVT for an old guy.

Profile photo of Roger Hilfer
    RotorHead
    Participant

Update
    Caldwell bipod replaced with an Atlas
    The Caldwell was “fair” on a bench rest, but worthless for field use.
    I also use an Accu-pod on the butt stock.
    I don’t reload so I’m working through the various offerings for the tightest groups at 500+ yd range.

Profile photo of Ivarr Bergmann
    Ivarr Bergmann
    Participant

K98 Mauser 8mm with a Weaver Scope…

Free..budget as fuk…
    New to my tool box..

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Profile photo of Whiskey
    Whiskey
    Participant

To bring this back up, for my “budget” rifle, I bought a Bergara B14 HMR. 20 inch barrel, ready for suppressor, AICS magazine fed stock with LOP and rise adjustments, QD sockets all around. Vortex Viper PST GEN II 5-25 in a Nightforce single peice mount.

It comes in just under 2k. But it has everything I would want in a bolt gun and optic.

I saved some money by just throwing some airsoft BBs in an old sock instead of spending money on a commercial rear bag ;)

Profile photo of Keeper aka "Sun Shine"
    Keeper
    Participant

To bring this back up, for my “budget” rifle, I bought a Bergara B14 HMR. 20 inch barrel, ready for suppressor, AICS magazine fed stock with LOP and rise adjustments, QD sockets all around. Vortex Viper PST GEN II 5-25 in a Nightforce single peice mount.

It comes in just under 2k. But it has everything I would want in a bolt gun and optic.

I saved some money by just throwing some airsoft BBs in an old sock instead of spending money on a commercial rear bag ;)

Crown Royal bag’s work great for rear bags’ but you have to drink the CR first

Alumni living in N.E Fla. for now. Going to retire in Iowa on the farm some day soon.

Viewing 5 posts - 31 through 35 (of 35 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.