Small Unit Tactics contact patriot-dawn Patriot Rising

Max Talk 027: The Combat Reload

Home Forums Tactics & Leadership Max Talk Series Max Talk 027: The Combat Reload

This topic contains 14 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of GreenTip GreenTip 7 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Max Velocity
    Max
    Keymaster

Profile photo of wheelsee
    wheelsee
    Participant

EXCELLENT!!

Which is heavier - a soldier's pack or a slave's chains? Napoleon

Strength, Honor. Maximus (Gladiator)

If you tolerate evil, you yourself are evil.
    Col Hugo Martinez, Commander Search Bloc

William, in The Republic - CRS/CTT 2017, HEAT 2/CQB/FonF 2018, DCH 2018

Profile photo of Davidcole
    Davidcole
    Participant

Great video really liked the tap rack bang

Profile photo of Brushpopper
    Brushpopper
    Participant

Awesome, was just like being in class! :good:

~ Little - South Texas

Profile photo of Darkrivers
    Darkrivers
    Participant

:good:

If you're gonna fight, fight like you're the 3rd monkey on the ramp to Noah's Ark... And Brother, it's starting to rain! James from Texas

Profile photo of Joe (G.W.N.S.)
    Joe (G.W.N.S.)

Max, Arktis Comb Arid?

Max
    Keymaster

Max, Arktis Comb Arid?

Yes.

Profile photo of Hessian
    Hessian
    Participant

Excellent follow up to the last Max Talk.

I am surprised that Arid COMB works very well in your Ao there.

Also, noticed that your belt setup has changed from your original setup in Max Talk 007: Gear: The MVT Lite Fight Concept? In this video it appears that you have stacked your pistol mags outside of your AR mags on your battle belt. Any particular reason for the change?

Max
    Keymaster

Excellent follow up to the last Max Talk.

I am surprised that Arid COMB works very well in your Ao there.

Also, noticed that your belt setup has changed from your original setup in Max Talk 007: Gear: The MVT Lite Fight Concept? In this video it appears that you have stacked your pistol mags outside of your AR mags on your battle belt. Any particular reason for the change?

I sighed when I read this, tell it to you straight. Take-aways were gear set-up and camo?

Gear.

Gear is such a basic thing, we have to move beyond it. Most of the internet cannot move beyond gear. It has to be achieved to build the whole warrior. Wear your gear at class / training and find out what works.

This seems harsh? Imagine my perspective when I am building something here – and some haven’t even trained, to take benefit from what we have built.

I will probably never do another gear postor talk. Ask me about it at class if people are really that interested.

Profile photo of Wild Bill
    wildbill
    Participant

Great demo of the combat reload but what I really liked was the real world demonstration of when something doesn’t go as planned you went into auto mode and fixed the problem.

TAP RACK BANG :good:

To this day I remember the Jungle Walk where Ivan popped up and instead of BANG I hear click. Do I get to cover NO I stand there like a dummy looking at my rifle and yelling F@$k! A perfect example of to much time on the square range.

So if you are out there watching Max’s videos and reading this forum and not getting to his classes you are just kidding yourself!

Western North Carolina ― LRMC-1 Sept. 2017, CQBC May 2017, DCH March 2017, RS & CTT October. 2016, CTT 1511, LN 1

“We don't rise to the level of our expectations, we fall to the level of our training.” ― Archilochos

“I do believe that, where there is only a choice between cowardice and violence, I would advise violence..." - Gandhi

Profile photo of Hessian
    Hessian
    Participant

Max my very first comment was how the video was an excellent follow up to your Max Talk 26 and even answered my question that i asked here on the forum about reloads on the move during a peel. It was nice to see the explanation and several examples of how you guys do it at MVT.

No not harsh I understand why your not hung up on gear.

Profile photo of Lloyd
    shooter
    Participant

Awesome, was just like being in class! :good:

Ditto! Great follow-up for “Max Talk 026”.

….and I’m kinda diggin’ the new “dirty” uniform. :heart:

Seriously, these Max Talk videos are GREAT! Talking about setting up your gear is cool, but you’ve already done that, and the rest is a very personal “what works for me” thing… so I see no reason for you to rehash the “gear” thing, unless you have a huge lightbulb moment and discover a better mousetrap.

---

We are all victims of our perspective.

Profile photo of RobRoy
    RobRoy
    Participant

At my range this week with my go to war carbine practicing this I mention the emphasis on the snap downward to drop the mag out. A few times I went to put in a new P-Mag and the old was still hanging in.

Profile photo of A_A_Ron2guns
    A_A_Ron2guns
    Participant

More Pmags not dropping free. Pmags suck, always have. I will never understand why they became so popular.

This videos is goooooooood. We need to see more of you (Max) shooting and doing talks about the WHY. It’s all about the software. Not the hardware.

You are what you do, when it counts. -The Masao

Not the other Aaron's in this industry!

Profile photo of GreenTip
    GreenTip
    Participant

Great video over a simple often overlooked important skill. :yahoo:

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.