Small Unit Tactics contact patriot-dawn Patriot Rising

Montana

This topic contains 94 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Lineman Lineman 5 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 95 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Justin
    Justin
    Participant

Anyone in Montana?

Profile photo of Max Velocity
    Max
    Keymaster

Eastern Missoula County

Profile photo of Justin
    Justin
    Participant

The one down side to Montana is distance I’m in billings

Profile photo of Justin
    Justin
    Participant

I plan on attending the apple seed shoot this fall in three forks, if you were interested be a good opportunity to get together and meet each other?

Max
    Keymaster

lets play that by ear. we have been discussing attending an Appleseed event so that just might workout.

Profile photo of eric
    eric
    Participant

Hey, I am from billings also. I am interested in someone that would like to have a serious training partner

Profile photo of Justin
    Justin
    Participant

I will message you and we will figure something out!

Max
    Keymaster

Anyone else? I’m in the Eastern side.

Profile photo of Justin
    Justin
    Participant

How far east?

Max
    Keymaster

I’m in the Miles City area

Max
    Keymaster

A guy called “coyote223” said he has a buddy in Cody, WY that he could put people in contact with. Look in the “Wyoming” thread

Profile photo of Justin
    Justin
    Participant

Awesome neither Cody nor miles city are that far, I’m thinking we all need to do an appleseed or something start networking!

Profile photo of eric
    eric
    Participant

I’m up for it.

Max
    Keymaster

I would too but are there any appleseed events on the eastern side of the state?

Profile photo of Justin
    Justin
    Participant

You know I don’t think so, I will have to check there schedule. I think the one I was looking at with actual distance shooting is in three forks in Aug

Max
    Keymaster

Have you guys heard of Stillwater Tactical? I know they do a tactical competition every year up by billings. I’ve never been to it myself but it might be something you guys are interested in. It looks like it is about $500 per 2 man team to be in all three events. Are you guys into long range shooting (500Y+)? A friend of mine organizes a buffalo rifle competition and he said I could use the range for modern rifles too. Maybe that could be an option to get together too.

Profile photo of Justin
    Justin
    Participant

I’ve never heard of stillwater tactical but that competition looks fun! looks like they do affordable basic firearms training too. As far as long range I would love to but only set up really with an AR, would be fun to stretch it’s legs out tho! See what it can do! So yeah, I’m in.

Profile photo of eric
    eric
    Participant

Im in. I also have some nice portable steel targets we can use

Max
    Keymaster

Cody Wy here. Mostly into SUT, marksmanship, com’s (just started working with 6 and 10 meter mobile com’s recently), Jeeps and 20+ years of ALS EMS experience.

Max
    Keymaster

It would be great to get a MVT or JM class together in the area… Just saying

Profile photo of eric
    eric
    Participant

I was thinking the same if we could pull together funds and get private class from jm. But we would need a range.

Profile photo of eric
    eric
    Participant

Dave, I will sometimes go shooting long distance near belfry on the wyo/mt border lot of blm land and nobody’s ever out there. Might be a good place to meet up and train. It’s about 45 min north of you.
    Maybe Justin might be interested to.

Max
    Keymaster

I’d drive up there to go to a class too if I have the time and money. I know a couple other guys I bet would like to go too. Do you guys know what kind of range a JM class needs? There is a lot of BLM out by Belfry, but I think private land would be better.

Profile photo of eric
    eric
    Participant

Hey,Grunt im not sure what range mosby would need. But im guessing private could shoot him an email.
    The mention on Belfry was more an informal meetup and training.

Profile photo of Justin
    Justin
    Participant

If a date is set for belfry, I’m in schedule permitting, and ifthere is a class with Mosby either local or even ifa few of us traveled to one I would be okay with entertaining that as well.

Profile photo of eric
    eric
    Participant

Justin, my schedule is open for Mosby’s class in august. The class is a 4 day
    21-24 in Cascade,ID. Really considering going. Dave,Grunt? would have to have
    deposit in by july 14th.

Profile photo of Justin
    Justin
    Participant

Let me verify weather or not my boss can guarantee me the time off before I givea definite yes or no!

Max
    Keymaster

I wouldn’t be able to go to a class that soon. But an informal “shoot” might be a little more do able.

Profile photo of Lineman
    Lineman
    Participant

I am in Ravalli County…I’m going to be in the Butte area around the 4 of July if anyone wants to meet up…

Profile photo of eric
    eric
    Participant

Well since a lot of our posts got deleted I’ll post again that I’m free from the 23-4 for a meet up.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 95 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.