Small Unit Tactics contact patriot-dawn Patriot Rising

Montana

This topic contains 94 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Lineman Lineman 5 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 30 posts - 61 through 90 (of 95 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Lineman
    Lineman
    Participant

4 down 4 to go for the minimum…

Profile photo of Lineman
    Lineman
    Participant

Hey would anyone be able to come for a whole week and bring their families… Just had a thought maybe we could train for the first four days Mon thru Thur and have a PatCon the Fri thru Sun or Mon if we have it the week before labor day…Would that be of interest to anyone…?

Profile photo of Justin
    Justin
    Participant

Maybe, can’t commit to that quite yet!

Profile photo of Lineman
    Lineman
    Participant

No worries it was just something to think about…

Profile photo of eric
    eric
    Participant

Hey guys, Pat Goodale is having a defensive rifle class on March 21 in Billings. Cost is $200.

I took this class last September. And it’s a good class for weopons fundamental’s. No sut. But good individual weopons manipulation.

Any ways I plan on attending again.
    It would also be a good place to meet up.

If you Google Pat Goodale his sight will come right up. He is also running defensive handgun 1&2 two weeks earlier. But I can’t attend those. Btw handgun 2 is a really good class.

Profile photo of Max Velocity
    Max
    Keymaster

Hi there,
    New to the MVT forum and saw this Montana thread; just wanted to say I’m interested in a John Mosby class if one if offered not too distant…I’m in the western half of the state, but can drive if needed.

Also, FYI even though there are only a couple of Appleseed shoots on the calendar for 2015 right now, more are planned for Missoula and Great Falls with dates yet to be determined, and one for April 18-19 is on for Three Forks. Also still trying to set one up in the eastern part of the state.

To piggy back on the private land discussion, anyone with a minimum of 82 feet (25m) of range space and a safe backstop that wants to host an Appleseed, instructors are more than happy to come to you and put on a shoot for a private or public group.
    Cheers,

Profile photo of Lineman
    Lineman
    Participant

OK guys…I got a response from Mosby and he said it would have to be a minimum of 10 guys at $500 apiece but we will be getting a 4 day SUP and a 2 day TC3 so its definitely a fair price… He said we could split that up into two weekends or do it all in one shot…How many are still interested in doing that sometime in mid Sept…

Profile photo of Lineman
    Lineman
    Participant

I suppose if everyone wanted to pay more we could drop that number down to 8 or even 6 guys…

Profile photo of eric
    eric
    Participant

I’m still in. 6 days might be hard to fit in. definitely up for a four day sut class. I only get one full weekend off a month. So if we could work around that i’m all in. I will check my calendar and pm you with a date in September that im free

Profile photo of Justin
    Justin
    Participant

I agree with Eric, and I’m still in!

Max
    Keymaster

I’m interested in the 4 day SUT, not so much the TC3. Can’t commit to Sept yet, and may not be able to give firm commitment for awhile yet, but if I were able to in Sept it would have to be some time between 17th-23rd. If/when I get my sept schedule ironed out I’ll let you know, but best not to count on me for that yet.

Profile photo of Lineman
    Lineman
    Participant

Well I will find out what time we would have to have our money in by and let you know…If mid Oct would work better also let me know on here or pm…Also guys if we don’t have enough people would you be willing to pay more than the 500 so we could still have it…

Max
    Keymaster

I’d be willing to pay a little more to make it happen if we are short by one or two folks. October would be better for me, but I can’t guarantee availability yet, schedule wise. But in theory somewhere in the Oct 1-7 or 15-21 time frame, for a 4 day SUT or patrolling type class would be great for me. Might be able to wrangle a friend or two to come with even. But see how much lead time we have to give and I’ll let you know if I can commit.

Profile photo of Lineman
    Lineman
    Participant

So if mid Sept deposits would have to be in my Aug 1 remainder on Sept 1…If mid Oct extend by a month…

Profile photo of eric
    eric
    Participant

October 3/4th would be the next available date I would be available.
    And I also would be up for making this happen financially. Within reason.

Profile photo of Justin
    Justin
    Participant

I’m down even if it is a little more with in reason. Just let me know ona date unless I get a new job I won’t have a problem getting time off. Early Sept or early Oct would work best for me.

Profile photo of Lineman
    Lineman
    Participant

Its crazy that we have one of the most views of post but only 9 people have commented…Is there no one else in MT?

Profile photo of Lineman
    Lineman
    Participant

So just wanted to let you guys know Mosby is doing a SUT class in Idaho Falls, ID on May 7 thru the 10 $500 per student if anyone wants to go sooner…

Max
    Keymaster

Ok, another one from Montana. I’m north of Billings. I would be interested in a class from Mosby also. More specifically, small unit tactics however, depending on how the summer pans out, I might be able to do a patrolling class. I don’t have a proper tactics class so that would be my first pick. Anytime in Septemeber/October I can make except September 26th. I plan on taking Pat Goodale’s advanced handgun class then. I am also willing to pay a little more to get Mosby’s class going.

Cheers to my fellow Montanan’s!

Profile photo of eric
    eric
    Participant

Welcome jte888. Hit me up sometime we can meet up do some shooting at 18 mile. Pat Goodale classes are good just took his defensive rifle class and handgun 1&2 was going to take the advanced handgun but it got cancelled.

Profile photo of Justin
    Justin
    Participant

Welcome indeed! I’m always down to shoot , been busy lately but I’m always in!

Max
    Keymaster

Eric,

We’re you just at Pat’s class a couple of weeks ago? If so we shot together.

I’m up for shooting at 17mile. I have 4 steel targets and can put up several paper targets as well. I also have a pistol shooting range at my house. I’m also a member of the rod and gun club so we can shoot there too.

Profile photo of eric
    eric
    Participant

I was at the defensive rifle class. I had the suppressed lwrc.
    I got some steel targets also.
    Justin and I have done some shoot,move communicate drills. It would definitely be nice to ad another.

Max
    Keymaster
    Max
    Keymaster

Keep me posted on the Mosby class, mostly interested in the SUT. But then again I do trauma care and critical care for a living and have many licenses and certs for this already.

Profile photo of Lineman
    Lineman
    Participant

Hey all of us from MT need to be going to the ID PatCon…It will help us build tribe and make contacts that will be important to our survival in the future…I’m going to be there so would be nice to reconnect with some of you and also meet new brothers in arms…Head on over to Idahopatcon.blogspot.com and let them know your coming…

Max
    Keymaster

Lineman, PM sent. I am interested in the Mosby class.

Max
    Keymaster

I just took the Mosby SUT in May in Idaho Falls. I want to take another one. Is there any more Mosby classes coming up?

Max
    Keymaster

Not sure if things are still moving forward for a Sept or October SUT, but it seems I may be available after all for a 4 day SUT sometime in the Sept 17-23 neighborhood, or Oct 1-7 or 15-21. If sign ups are being taken, I’m in.

In other news, a full distance 400+ meter Appleseed shoot in Great Falls next weekend, the 18-19th, and another shoot added for Helena, Missoula, and Columbia Falls each later this year.

Profile photo of Ralph Kramden
    HiDesertRat
    Participant

Thinking of moving to CDA in northern Idaho soon. Just checked a map and Missoula is just 2 1/2 hours away. Would love to do a Mosby class with you guys. Just not sure about timeline of Sept or Oct availability, will know soon. I completed MVT last year btw.

Viewing 30 posts - 61 through 90 (of 95 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.