Small Unit Tactics contact patriot-dawn Patriot Rising

More Local Government Tyranny & Extortion: Who's in for a Tax Protest?

Home Forums Rightful Liberty More Local Government Tyranny & Extortion: Who's in for a Tax Protest?

This topic contains 15 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Trailman trailman 1 week, 4 days ago.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Max Velocity
    Max
    Keymaster

I just sent the following to Culpeper County Board Supervisors. This all just came to our attention in the last 2 hours. The treasurer even phoned me back (no doubt recorded) to lecture me about being civil to the people in his office. He didn’t except the counter-lecture on tyranny, extortion, and the Constitution that he got back. These people demand civility when they are nothing but a protection racket. I told him I had not the means nor the intent to pay it, and I would go as far as the supreme court. I told him to send everyone, including the Sheriff and the National Guard, but he wasn’t getting his $5K.

It just takes a small seed to spark protest and standing up for Rightful Liberty. Anyone in?

_________
    Sent to Culpeper Board of Supervisors:

bchase@culpepercounty.gov,
    jegertson@culpepercounty.gov
    cc: kellis@culpepercounty.gov

Dear Bill & John,

It was with immense shock that we opened a letter today titled: ‘Delinquent roll-back taxes for Tax Map Parcel xx-xx.” The demand is for a sum of $5,036.34.

I will tell you now that we have neither the means nor the intent to pay this amount. Property taxes themselves are onerous enough, and give the lie of this being a free and Constitutional Republic: the reality is that we can only really rent our property, not own it.

I have called both the treasurers and the assessors office. I am waiting a call back from Jason at the assessors office.

This is as much as I could ascertain at this time: We have lived here for approximately 3 years. The property has been in ‘forestry land use’ since 1998. We have never been aware of this and pay our property taxes each month as part of our mortgage.

Apparently a letter was sent out early this year asking us if we wished to continue in land use. We never received the letter, and were never aware of it (the unreliable state of USPS deliveries to our house is a separate issue). To reiterate, we have never been aware of the land use program, or even if the property was enrolled in it. This was never drawn to our attention on purchase or when signing any documents.

So, the property fell out of land use when we did not respond to a letter we did not receive early this year (certified mail? No!). As a result of this, we have been charged back 5 years. This includes approximately 2 years of property tax when we did not even own or live at the property. I am struggling to even understand how this can be considered lawful or just, other than having been written into local tax codes. Ok, that isn’t true: I am absolutely incensed because it is totally unjust.

A simple solution would have been for the assessors office to make an effort to get in touch with us, and allow us to put the property back into land use. In fact, this could still happen. They never received a negative reply, or any response. Even if we did not put the property back into land use, we should only pay the increased property taxes on it from the current year i.e. the year that it is no longer registered in land use.

Anything else is tyranny.

Max

Profile photo of GreenTip
    GreenTip
    Participant

I would be so pissed. They can’t charge you back taxes, only forward from the day the land deal ended. If they can what’s the point of the land deal? I would drive over and speak to a supervisor at the offending offices to resolve the issue. This is the most retarted thing I have heard all week!! Good luck and give them hell!!

Profile photo of Daniel
    Daniel
    Participant

Terrible and very common. Three years ago my downtown small business was threatened for not having a rainwater runoff permit. First time it had come up in almost ten years. I find they respond to two things only – fear and pain.

Profile photo of JohnnyMac
    JohnnyMac
    Participant

I think you have a solid case (I’m not a lawyer). Maybe see how it shakes out.

I’ve been in a similar situation, where mail was never delivered to me (for something else, not property tax related) and totally freaked out when I finally got the news. It took a huge amount of wrangling and nashing of teeth, up to and including stating my intentions to begin seeking legal counsel, for things to be corrected. The deciding factor that turned the tide in my situation was getting a third party to petition on my behalf.

Good luck, and I feel your pain.

Profile photo of Wes
    wesmc
    Participant

@Max It is no accident that you did not receive notification of the the land use program, probably. It may very well be that you are being targeted by leftists for your American beliefs and for promoting independence. Oh, the irony…

C2G Feb 2015, CTT March 2016, CQB June 2018

Max
    Keymaster

I simply do not believe they even know who I am, this is just typical tyranny at local government level.

Max
    Keymaster

But basically, none of you would do anything about this? Talk of rightful liberty but in reality just wrangle the overlords?

Who would join me in escalating a property tax protest? A movement?

Full of shit.

Profile photo of Joe (G.W.N.S.)
    Joe (G.W.N.S.)

Who would join me in escalating a property tax protest? A movement?

Full of shit.

I had assumed you were talking to your fellow Virginians?

No idea what kind of outside of VA support is out there, but “What are you prepared to do?”…becomes the question and perhaps a different venue.

Serious commitments are required as depicted in above movie fiction. ;-)

Talks cheap, actions are hard! B-)

I would rather die with my ideals intact, than be victorious by becoming all that I oppose!

This why I can never be truly defeated!

Max
    Keymaster

I had assumed you were talking to your fellow Virginians?

Actually I was referencing EVERYONE. Sitting about talking about Patriotism and Tyranny, and how you must have guns and 2A to protect against tyranny.

YET YOU ALREADY LIVE IN TYRANNY.

Joe (G.W.N.S.)

YET YOU ALREADY LIVE IN TYRANNY.

Yep, of course “What are we prepared to do?”

I’ve stated here that even for no other reason than economic debt, we are past the point of no return as a nation. We will collapse.

So I’ve been proceeding on this in preparation for picking up the pieces “post-collapse.”

We have discussed the possible vacuums where in theory a group could carve out a piece of Liberty, but as you know we had few that would consider it. Hell Venezuela is ripe for such operation, but few are willing.

As you know far too many are playing around the “doom and gloom” hidden agenda types; exemplified by the WRSA blog crowd, preventing meaningful attempts by design to build a cohesive movement.

Others have chosen to hide in so called redoubts in hope that this concentration will provide a mutual defense, however it is just as likely to be a “eggs in one basket” situation where they are crushed collectively.

Got a plan?

I am ready for a realistic one!

Anyone?

This isn’t just up to Max to come up with something.

I would rather die with my ideals intact, than be victorious by becoming all that I oppose!

Profile photo of john32514
    john32514
    Participant

We have a similar thing here in Pennsylvania. Farmers pay a much lower tax rate on farmland. We get a form letter periodically, from the tax collector, wanting to know if there has been a change in use.

I would imagine that if the land owner could demonstrate that there has been no change of use ,of the land, and the proper form letter was returned (with the appropriate box checked) the bureaucrats and “communist style central planners” would forget about it and move on to an easier target.

Profile photo of Daniel
    Daniel
    Participant

Let’s look at some possible action steps. Keep in mind we’re all full of shit but let’s set the goal and consider which below will best achieve it.

1) Friendly letters to the relevant authorities.

2) Scathing letters to the relevant authorities.

3) Sneak “Freedom” stickers onto the front doors of government buildings.

4) Petitions.

5) Phone calls, either friendly or scathing.

6) Refuse to pay the taxes, alert the media and await the response.

7) Run for office and take the offending bureaucrat’s job.

8) Take direct action against said bureaucrat, ie night letters, arson, kidnapping, beatings, assassination.

9) Share the joy of #8 with the entire offending bureaucracy.

10) Preemptively cripple the Sheriff’s Department since they’ll be the point of the spear when it comes time to evict you from the King’s lands for tax non-payment.

11) Don’t be preemptive as in #10 but be damn good and ready for when they come.

12) Your better ideas here – shouldn’t be very difficult.

Joe (G.W.N.S.)

As long as most people are comfortable don’t expect much change.

In my 2017 Thread President Trump: False Expectations?, I noted “I am impressed with anything we get, because I don’t expect anything!”

We got one Supreme Court pick with another on the way!

I never underestimate the importance of this!

What I am thankful everyday that is he isn’t HRC!

In another 2017 Thread Rumors and more Rumors! How I don’t freakout over it!

Become the the guy or gal that offers hope through preparedness, not the “Gloom an Doom” the sky is falling type who offers only fear!

We need to be a light in the darkness for when the time for action comes.

Profile photo of Andrew
    Andrew
    Participant

That type of garbage is why I shut down my deer feeding business. They were taxing me for my grain storage bins as a business and then taxing the crap out of me on the residence and 5 acres.

Finally just walked in and said the business is done. Sold all of the bins and the feed trailer.

Seems like we had a fight with somebody a little over 200 years ago about taxes, if I remember right.

Profile photo of Robert
    Robert
    Participant

Seems like we had a fight with somebody a little over 200 years ago about taxes, if I remember right.

And the irony being it’s being done to a Brit right now and he’s pissed too!

www.jrhenterprises.com
    RMP, TC3, NODF, CRCD 6/14, CP 9/14. NODF, Land Nav, 6/15. Rifleman Challenge 9/15- Vanguard. FOFtactics 3/16, 10/16, 11/16, 6/17,11/17 CTT, 6/15, 11/16, , LRMC-1 9/17 GA Mobile CTT and DA 10/16, GA mobile DCH 3/18, HEAT1 3/18 Alum weekend 8/18

Profile photo of Trailman
    trailman
    Participant

Besides dropping some of the flowery language that letter was the first step. We went through this on a number of issues and found that honey works better but still have a stick with you. I would and did start working up the food chain. IDK the local government organization there but I would start working my way up the food chain. I’ve had very helpful lower bureaucrats help me out and point me in the right direction, sometimes not. FWIW they ARE usually your neighbors. Then start taking the issue up the food chain, call explain then follow with email until you start hitting elected officials, let them know your legal council states that until they can prove you received the letter there is no issue that you were aware of. You’d be happy to pay the proper taxes accounting to the proper land use (Which I assume is forested).

I’ve beat zoning with this, taxes on a wood lot, forgetting to refile for the business name. It takes time and networking but FWIW the end benefit is gold because you will quickly find out who is on the right and who is on the wrong in your local government.

I can sympathize with the tax revolt. unless you can find an entire county to do it at once that’s a lost cause. You’ll find out what a tax sale is real quick.

CRM, CTT 1501, CP11/15, CTT5/16, FoF, DCH, CLC Opfor, Team Minion

Just remember, Anne Frank was a criminal because the government made her one and she died because she broke the law.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.