Small Unit Tactics contact patriot-dawn Patriot Rising

Motivational Training Log

Home Forums Tactical Fitness & Nutrition Tactical Fitness Motivational Training Log

This topic contains 131 replies, has 16 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of tango tango 3 days, 2 hours ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 121 through 132 (of 132 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of tango
    tango
    Participant

@johnnymac new callsign – IRONMAN.

Baptême du feu
    L'appel du vide

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

I have been doing the same simple workout since January, 3-7 times per week. I run about 4 miles in about :40 minutes, and then on a Century BOB I throw 70 L-R jab combinations, 70 L-R body combinations, 70 body-body-uppercut combinations, and 70 jab-KO combinations. Surprisingly, I haven’t become bored, but rather I have come to enjoy the consistency.

A few times, when I am at a place where I can get away with it, I have done the run with my rifle.

After reading some of the posts, here, I am thinking about adding in pull-ups and maybe burpees.

Profile photo of JohnnyMac
    JohnnyMac
    Participant

Yesterday’s:

Dumbbell Bench Press 3×8

5 Rounds for Time:
    .5 mile Airdyne Bike (no sitting allowed)
    8x Strict L-Sit Ring Pull Ups

Nothing special about this workout but I mention it because the Schwinn Airdyne is one of only two “machines” in my home gym (other is C2 rower). The airdyne, especially when not sitting, closely mimics moving up the VTC hills. Sure, you could go drive to some steep hills (if you have them in your AO) but this has a big convenience factor for fitting something into a varied workout or on days when you’re short on time.

It’s also not a very popular piece of equipment and has been around for a long time (1980’s?), so it can often be found at yard sales and the like. The big advantage to it over some other aerobic pieces of equipment, is that resistance increases with speed. This allows you great flexibility in power output from very little, to extraordinary, based on the goal of the workout. Also, on incredibly hot/humid days, the air it puts out helps keep you cool (similarly it can be brutal in the winter). When seated, it allows for a zero impact aerobic activity. It incorporates the arms as well, for an (almost) full body workout. Together with one leg and arms, it can be used effectively while recovering from a leg injury.

Keep your eyes peeled for an old Schwinn Airdyne, you won’t regret it (except when you’re getting your ass kicked by it :yahoo: )

JohnnyMac
    Participant

Come on, who else is getting after it?!

You DON’T want to be the guy holding your team back.

Today:

JohnnyMac
    Participant

Today:

2 miles w/ 30# pack, then Max lunges in 2 min

Then later:

As Many Rounds as Possible in 60 minutes w/ 30# pack:
    Run 100m
    3x Pullups
    9x Push-ups
    75m Farmer Carry (2pd and 1.5pd KB)
    12x Wallball Shots (20# med ball)

This workout was tough. If you’re looking for a gut check, give it a whirl.

Profile photo of zeerf
    zeerf
    Participant

:good: Nice work JohnnyMac

JohnnyMac
    Participant

Today:

Workout #1:
    5 Rounds for time off:
    15x push-ups
    15x Lunges w/35# medball
    Row 500m

Workout #2:
    20 minute AMRAP:
    5x Deadlift 225#
    10x Knees-to-elbows
    40cal Airdyne, no sitting

I’m not gonna lie, I almost quit with 3:30 left on the clock in workout #2, those deadlifts were taking their toll. I manned up and trudged on, getting almost an entire round in the time that was left. Don’t quit, ever.

Profile photo of tango
    tango
    Participant

@johnnymac inspired me. And by that I mean he made me feel lazy ;-)

5am
    5 rounds 15 reps each with 30lb GoRuck plate
    Pushups
    Lunges
    Squats

Baptême du feu
    L'appel du vide

JohnnyMac
    Participant

inspired me

Excellent, excellent haha

Profile photo of Abacus
    Abacus
    Participant

In line with @johnnymac‘s post on PT while traveling, I submit the following.

Tonight’s Moseby inspired shuttle runs were on a poorly maintained tennis court outside my hotel. Each round was about 312 yards and broken down into 12 legs or reps that were about 26 yards long. I did 4 rounds after a short warm-up. Total distance was just shy of a mile including said warm up.

My first round was fairly “clean” and agile up till the last leg where I got a bit sloppy. Rounds 2-4 were not pretty and I probably looked like the cross between a new born giraffe and a 90 year old man during the direction changes.

Data:
    312y in 1:27
    312y in 1:28
    312y in 1:33
    312y in 1:37

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

A portion of the typos in the above message might be my phone, the rest are just me.

I have been wrong before...

JohnnyMac
    Participant

In line with @johnnymac‘s post on PT while traveling

Damn, someone other than me or @tango posting a workout?!

Well done. Shuttle runs can be pretty brutal. Just a thought, you could add in burpees every time you get back to the start point. Great for training fire and movement.

Profile photo of tango
    tango
    Participant

Rock solid @abacus

The cult is growing…

Baptême du feu
    L'appel du vide

Viewing 12 posts - 121 through 132 (of 132 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.