Small Unit Tactics contact patriot-dawn Patriot Rising

MVT chest rigs

Home Forums The Armory – Gear and Equipment MVT chest rigs

This topic contains 13 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Roadkill Roadkill 1 year, 9 months ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Andrew
    Andrew
    Participant

Any update on when they will be available again? My wife has decided she needs one and I would like to “strike while the iron is hot.” :yahoo:

Profile photo of Roadkill
    Roadkill
    Participant

Same, not wife, but a couple of buddies.

RS/CTT Nov 16
    HEAT1 Aug18

Profile photo of Max Velocity
    Max
    Keymaster

The iron is not hot. I am on a delay. And in the meantime deciding whether I will get back into gear at all.

Profile photo of dnb
    dnb
    Participant

Seems like you had a market for it and got the gear you were interested in figured out. Contract it out with quality assurance. Make lot runs. There are a bunch of people (small companies) that make gear in the hiking, backcountry, and hunting gear that would probably would do it as a side. I would also look into ‘sweat shops’ in the USA. There are tons of textile / sewing companies in major cities. May not be the mom and pop oem, but at least the gear would make it to the market.

Also, tailors in big cities are always looking for steady customers and they are craftsman. Every seamstress I’ve dealt with are always willing and busy.

Profile photo of Virgil Kane
    Virgil Kane
    Participant

That blows. Anybody got an extra chest rig for sale?

Masters II
    Georgia
    June 2017 Intro CQB, FOF-Team Deplorables
    October 2017 MVT South - CTT/DA
    March 2018 DCH

Profile photo of JohnnyMac
    JohnnyMac
    Participant

A tactical tailor mav or minimav and esstac kywis are a close substitute.

More and more, I worry less about gear and more about training for the fight.

Profile photo of wheelsee
    wheelsee
    Participant

More and more, I worry less about gear and more about training for the fight.

Sounds like you are progressing on your journey……… :good:

Which is heavier - a soldier's pack or a slave's chains? Napoleon

Strength, Honor. Maximus (Gladiator)

If you tolerate evil, you yourself are evil.
    Col Hugo Martinez, Commander Search Bloc

William, in The Republic - CRS/CTT 2017, HEAT 2/CQB/FonF 2018, DCH 2018

Profile photo of Virgil Kane
    Virgil Kane
    Participant

Damn, I know I can come here any day and get my balls busted. LOL

Understood on the gear. I am just really impressed with the Kydex retention on my MVT rig compared to an LBT I have with velcro tops that hold 3 mags in a pocket and rattle and shift with only 2. I have a Specops Brand that is similar, but it has a lot of elastic that I know will eventually break down.

Masters II
    Georgia
    June 2017 Intro CQB, FOF-Team Deplorables
    October 2017 MVT South - CTT/DA
    March 2018 DCH

Profile photo of JohnnyMac
    JohnnyMac
    Participant

Damn, I know I can come here any day and get my balls busted. LOL

Understood on the gear. I am just really impressed with the Kydex retention on my MVT rig compared to an LBT I have with velcro tops that hold 3 mags in a pocket and rattle and shift with only 2. I have a Specops Brand that is similar, but it has a lot of elastic that I know will eventually break down.

I totally wasn’t trying to give anyone a hard time- more of just a friendly reminder. ;-)

The esstac kywis will do exactly what you’re looking for.

Profile photo of Andrew
    Andrew
    Participant

My spouse has finally expressed a little more than a passing interest in training. Training will be simplified, and less stressful for her, if she has something besides my leftover Vietnam vintage web gear to work with. It is much easier to train with good equipment, a little something I found out at RS/CTT Texas 2017.

Profile photo of Jason Howe
    BrothersKeeper
    Participant

Hey Max, I’ll just put out there that I hope you don’t give up on MVT gear. I’m sure it’s a pain in the ass to keep the quality high and the prices reasonable, but those of us who have MVT gear are very appreciative of the end result. Beyond buying more product let us know how we can help. I’ll be buying a new multicam versa rig if you bring them back.

Land Nav 06/15
    Rifle Skills/CTT/CP
    10/15
    CLC 04/17
    Alumni Live Fire 08/18

Don’t let your past define your future.

Profile photo of Robbie
    kadelic
    Participant

Damn, and after all the hype? I was looking forward to the MVT light battle belt.

Profile photo of Keeper aka "Sun Shine"
    Keeper
    Participant

I am still looking for another chest rig, sof rig

Alumni living in N.E Fla. for now. Going to retire in Iowa on the farm some day soon.

Profile photo of Roadkill
    Roadkill
    Participant

MVT gear is now collectible. Wish I would have bought more when they were available. Day late and a dollar short.

RS/CTT Nov 16
    HEAT1 Aug18

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.