Small Unit Tactics contact patriot-dawn Patriot Rising

MVT Forum Fitness Challenge Sign Up

Home Forums Tactical Fitness & Nutrition Tactical Fitness MVT Forum Fitness Challenge Sign Up

This topic contains 46 replies, has 25 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of First Sergeant First Sergeant 1 year, 7 months ago.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 47 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of JohnnyMac
    JohnnyMac
    Participant

If you are reading this and have no idea what’s going on, orient yourself with this: Introduction to the MVT Forum Fitness Challenge. I hope you’ll return!

For those of you who know why you’re here, on me, take a knee.

The Male Packing List:
    1x Daypack/Rucksack
    6x Masonry Brick
    1x 40# Bag of Wood Pellets
    1x Pair of Handled Implements 30# each (buckets, water jugs, dumbbells, ammo cans, etc)
    1x Roll of Duct Tape
    1x Tape Measure
    4x Cone/Other Marking Device
    1x Smart Phone OR Camera and Stopwatch

The Female Packing List:
    1x Daypack/Rucksack
    4x Masonry Brick
    1x 30# Bag of Wood Pellets (Remove 10# of pellets)
    1x Pair of Handled Implements 20# each (buckets, water jugs, dumbbells, ammo cans, etc)
    1x Roll of Duct Tape
    1x Tape Measure
    4x Cone/Other Marking Device
    1x Smart Phone OR Camera and Stopwatch

Recommendations/FAQ:
    -The pack does not need to have much capacity, 20L should be fine.
    -We’re talking about a standard red brick here, don’t overthink it. No holes in the bricks!
    -Duct tape the bricks firmly together (be liberal with the tape).
    -Reinforce the bag of pellets with duct tape, especially the seams.
    -If improvising the pair of 30/20# implements, ensure they are the correct weight.

If you have any questions, you can just post them here.

Otherwise, sign up by commenting below NLT (no later than) 6/30/2017.

Profile photo of Virgil Kane
    Virgil Kane
    Participant

I’m in.

My knees are hurting just looking at that list. I can only imagine what’s in store.

Masters II
    Georgia
    June 2017 Intro CQB, FOF-Team Deplorables
    October 2017 MVT South - CTT/DA
    March 2018 DCH

Profile photo of dnb
    dnb
    Participant

Any alternates to brick (Prob cheap at Home Depot if you can only buy 6) and wood pellets (prob not cheap at Home Depot)?

Profile photo of RonW
    farmer
    Participant

Wood pellets are $5-7 per bag.

RonW

Profile photo of dnb
    dnb
    Participant

Oops. Thx. Looked it up, saw $200. Did not see the 50 qty. never dealt with wood pellets.

Profile photo of RonW
    farmer
    Participant

I’m in. I will be in England the 1st 2 weeks of August, but will complete & post times after I get back.

farmer

RonW

Profile photo of Mike Q
    Mike Q
    Participant

I’m in.

There never seems to be enough time to do it right, but there is always enough time to do it twice.

CRM Sept. 2014, CTT 1505, CTT July 2015, RC-Rifleman 1502, CP Nov. 2015, FoF March 2016, CCW May 2016, FoF Oct. 2016, FoF Nov. 2016, CLC April 2017, FoF Nov. 2017, Alumni weekend Aug. 2018, CQB Dec. 2018

Profile photo of El Lobo
    ellobo
    Participant

I’m in.
    40# bag of sand instead of wood pellets be ok ? Or am I just asking for trouble?

I'M NO SHIRKER !

JohnnyMac
    Participant

@ellobo 40# bag of sand is fine if you can’t get wood pellets, but at least try to get a bag of pellets. That way it’s apples to apples in the competition (center of mass, load shifting and all that).

Leaking sand in the eyes sucks btw.

Profile photo of Wild Bill
    wildbill
    Participant

Alright shopping list in hand off to the store.

Western North Carolina ― LRMC-1 Sept. 2017, CQBC May 2017, DCH March 2017, RS & CTT October. 2016, CTT 1511, LN 1

“We don't rise to the level of our expectations, we fall to the level of our training.” ― Archilochos

“I do believe that, where there is only a choice between cowardice and violence, I would advise violence..." - Gandhi

Profile photo of Mike H
    Mike H
    Participant

I’m in…what the heck :yes:

“That’s all what is left?? These aren’t men, they are devils!"

Colonel Milan 30 April 1863 aftermath of the Battle of Camaron

CRCD March '14, CP May '15
    CTT Dec. '15, CTT(Idaho) '17

Profile photo of JeffSags
    JeffSags
    Participant

I’m in!

CRCD AUG 13, CRCD MAR 14, CP AUG 14, CR MAR 15, Shivworks ECQC, MVT RIFLEMAN, CTT AUG 16, CQBC

wildbill
    Participant

@johnnymac when we tape the bricks together is it one row of six together or two rows of three separate or bundled together?

Western North Carolina ― LRMC-1 Sept. 2017, CQBC May 2017, DCH March 2017, RS & CTT October. 2016, CTT 1511, LN 1

“We don't rise to the level of our expectations, we fall to the level of our training.” ― Archilochos

“I do believe that, where there is only a choice between cowardice and violence, I would advise violence..." - Gandhi

JohnnyMac
    Participant

@johnnymac when we tape the bricks together is it one row of six together or two rows of three separate or bundled together?

It’s a personal choice. My bricks are just stacked one on top of the other. Some people do it like this: Wrapping Bricks.

Profile photo of wheelsee
    wheelsee
    Participant

I’m in.

For those that shot shell reload, check your bag of shot. Mine are 25#. While not apple-to-apple, there are things around the house that should be comparable (JohnnyMac, if I’m wrong on the concept please say).

Which is heavier - a soldier's pack or a slave's chains? Napoleon

Strength, Honor. Maximus (Gladiator)

If you tolerate evil, you yourself are evil.
    Col Hugo Martinez, Commander Search Bloc

William, in The Republic - CRS/CTT 2017, HEAT 2/CQB/FonF 2018, DCH 2018

JohnnyMac
    Participant

I’m in.

For those that shot shell reload, check your bag of shot. Mine are 25#. While not apple-to-apple, there are things around the house that should be comparable (JohnnyMac, if I’m wrong on the concept please say).

Yeah that’s fine- as long as they weigh the right weight. Although I’m going to strongly encourage a bag of pellets, only $5ish.

For the paired implements, make sure they can be grabbed with one hand.

Profile photo of Brian from Georgia
    Brian from Georgia
    Participant

In!

3-4 Aug 2013 CRCD, 2-6 Aug 2014 CRCD/Patrol, 30 Sep 2016 Run n Gun, 1-2 Oct 2016 FoF, 3-4 March 2018 DCH alumni
    Team Coyote

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

In.

As I mentioned in the instruction forum, I joined just for this event and am looking forward to see how things turn out…nothing like a challenge with some friendly competition to help show areas for improvement.

JohnnyMac
    Participant

In.

As I mentioned in the instruction forum, I joined just for this event and am looking forward to see how things turn out…nothing like a challenge with some friendly competition to help show areas for improvement.

Freaking outstanding! Welcome!

Profile photo of tango
    tango
    Participant

Little googling tells me 1k rounds of 5.56 is 26-27lbs, add on an ammo can and right at 30lbs. Sweet!

Brick and wood pellets…Home Cheapo here I come.

@5solas Welcome to the forum. Solid first interaction.

Baptême du feu
    L'appel du vide

wildbill
    Participant

Little googling tells me 1k rounds of 5.56 is 26-27lbs, add on an ammo can and right at 30lbs. Sweet!

As if we needed another reason to buy a couple thousand more rounds of 5.56 :good:

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

@johnnymac and @tango, thanks for the welcomes! Glad to be here, though I’m not sure how much I’ll be once this thing gets started…

Profile photo of Average Joe
    Average Joe
    Participant

Hmmm…I’ll try again.

:good:

Y’all have a nice day.

Profile photo of mark9mmp
    mark9mmp
    Participant

IN!

Just a regular guy. Native Kansan and current Okie.

Profile photo of Tyrell
    TyeMugz
    Participant

Sign me up. Thanks for setting this up. There’s nothing like a competition/ challenge that can give you that extra push to work harder.

Tyrell H

Profile photo of Wes
    wesmc
    Participant

I’m in.

C2G Feb 2015, CTT March 2016, CQB June 2018

wildbill
    Participant

Not trying to divert the subject at hand but I thought that if you are going to be out purchasing a 40# bag of wood pellets anyway that you should get 2. In a post a while back on rucking someone mentioned using the wood pellets as weight in your pack which is very easy to do by dividing the 40# bag up into 10 and 5 lb. segments in heavy duty trash bags so that you can quickly increase or decrease your packs weight depending on your training cycle.

Just a thought may help to prepare for this fitness challenge. :yes:

Profile photo of Justin
    Justin
    Participant

Im in! All we need to do is post on here right?

JohnnyMac
    Participant

Im in! All we need to do is post on here right?

Correct, you’re now signed up!

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

In.

Alex (Andy)

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘MVT Forum Fitness Challenge Sign Up’ is closed to new replies.