Small Unit Tactics contact patriot-dawn Patriot Rising

MVT Gear: Sneak Peek

Home Forums News & Training Updates MVT Gear: Sneak Peek

This topic contains 15 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Free Chicken Dinner RRS 2 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Max Velocity
    Max
    Keymaster

gear-logo3

A look at a couple of things we have in the pipline. We are currently out of stock off gear in the MVT Gear Store due to doing production runs and also a bit of R&D. We will be bringing current gear back online as we catch up, along with a few new products. We are always designing and innovating, so these are just the front runners of  few things we have in the pipeline.

Below is the ‘Lite Triple.’ This is a minimalist 3 mag (5.56) rig. The photo shows the new H-harness that will be going on all our rigs, a slight re-design. The Triple easily attaches to the front of a slick PC using the PC Kit, or can be worn on its own as a lightweight minimalist rig. It will take any of our small, medium or large admin pouches on the front MOLLE. The large pouch takes up 3 MOLLE spaces, the medium and small each take up 2 spaces.

We are also bringing out single kydex mag pouches, which will fit onto a PC, or for example will fit onto the Triple as a way to plus up the ammo capacity.

We are also bringing out a ‘Lite Quad’ which is just like the Triple, but with 4 mag pouches across. No photos right now.

image-24

Below is a sneak peak at the ‘Lite Belt.’ This is the latest proto after we made some changes, and I have not had this one in my hands yet, it needs to be mailed from Atlanta!

The Lite Belt is simple yet extremely functional, not with the massive bulk that you see on many battle belts out there. It features a MOLLE pad, which is true MOLLE. The belt is integral to the pad and features a two-way buckle to keep it central. We initially tried tri-glides each side of the buckle but I found it fiddly to adjust, so we are looking at simple elastic keepers to tuck away the belt ends. It is important that the belt adjusts easily and quickly to your waist.

The idea that is that you fit your holster onto the MOLLE, not attached to the belt. There are many products that allow you to do this. The pad will come in various sizes and is designed to be fitted so that it runs from hip bone to hip bone. This means that you will wear nothing forward of your hip bones, and this will not impede the rise of your thighs as you move or get up and down from kneeling etc. This is very much a functional design from experience and breaks with the common design / preference of having gar all the way across the front of the belt of ten with pads almost joining at the belt buckle. Madness.

Handgun one side, mag pouches the other, and perhaps a couple of other ancillary items like tourniquets, knives and small IFAK are all you should rally be wanting to carry on this belt.

Check out this post for clarification on why we design gear to function like this: ‘Gear: Purpose, Use: Your Functional Gear System.’

image-25

CLICK HERE FOR THE GEAR STORE

gear_logo_1

___

MVT CLASS LIST

___

MVT TRAINING CALENDAR

___

STUDENT REVIEWS

___

Profile photo of zeerf
    zeerf
    Participant

Awesome options and specifically excited about the lite belt.

Profile photo of Harris
    Harris
    Participant

Will the H harness be available separately for those who want to upgrade their MVT chest rigs?

Profile photo of Jake
    Weber
    Participant

I like the lite triple and lite quad concept for attaching to PCs or keeping as a quick response rig. Will the triple and quad have the storage compartment built into the back?

My mom said I could be anything I wanted to be when I grew up. So I chose to be a man.

Profile photo of MVT Gear OEM
    MVT Gear OEM
    Participant

The lite triple and lite quad will have a map pouch running the full length of the back. It will not have a compass pouch however.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

I have a vision of an MVT “Deuce and a half” intended of the Solo-Scout. There is a Binocular pouch in the center, and a (7.62X51mm) 25 round magazine pouch on each side. Or maybe just call it the “AJ Rig”.

:yahoo:

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

I have a half-baked idea about the “Lite Belt”. Here in Majestic Alaska the summers can be over 100 degrees, and the winters a wee bit cooler. Trying to use the same belt when naked (accept for the regulation camo loin cloth) and in the winter over three snowsuits, four sets of longjohns, and two double-down parkas, becomes a problem.

A way to clip-on an extender on each side of the buckle, in the front, or an opening in the back to add different length belt extensions would be nice. Often start out in the early AM and it is freezing, then it gets hot, then it gets freezing again. Requires a lot of clothing adjustments almost hourly through out the day. Or maybe just loooong tails on the belt webbing, and a way to tuck them secure.

Profile photo of RonW
    farmer
    Participant

@ Albert Johnson, not trying to be a smart ass, why not buy 2. Wouldn’t it be quicker to change out to a pre setup battle belt? already have mags, admin pouches , etc. You wouldn’t have to chase large adjustment & webbing tails.

farmer

RonW

Profile photo of Wes
    wesmc
    Participant

I’m looking forward to picking up the new Lite Belt ASAP. I’m going to use it to carry my necessities on mountain bike excursions. At this point, on the cutting edge of the mountain bike community, the hydration pack is becoming obsolete. There are a number of reasons for this: 1) hydration bladders are bitches to maintain; 2) to access tools, one must drop the pack (which costs time during races); 3) wearing a hydration pack traps heat in hot weather; 4) a pack lacks the cool-factor of the Lite Belt; 5) a pack covers the New River Bikes logo on my bike jersey; 6) a pack will also cover the MVT logo on the back of my new MVT technical shirt…hey, what happened to the shirts? I look forward to this new bike riding gear load-out and showing it off at West Virginia Mountain Bike Association Series races and events this upcoming year. I foresee an expansion of the market for these. Also, you might be interested to know that Multicam is becoming the latest rage among mountain bikers.

C2G Feb 2015, CTT March 2016, CQB June 2018

Profile photo of Max Velocity
    Max
    Keymaster

@wesmc: where does your hydration now go?

T-shirts: having problems with them so I took them down. Just found a local shop 100% embroidered / scree printed by an American family on the site. Alas, the t-shorts still come from sweat shops on Nicaragua! Better than china though….you guys know I have a thing for family businesses in the USA….looking to get a more tactical color for the t-shirts and bring them back online.

Profile photo of Wes
    wesmc
    Participant

Max, most bikes have 2 water bottle cages which places the weight on the frame of the bike for better handling. Additional water bottles could be carried on the belt, but in the event where more water is needed, the Sawyer mini-filter is easily carried in a pouch on the belt.

Most folks in the mountain bike community are grass-roots kind of people, too. The fact that MVT Gear is made in the USA is a real winner.

Profile photo of Wes
    wesmc
    Participant

Also, carrying extra water on the hips rather than in a pack on the torso is better for bike handling.

Profile photo of Wes
    wesmc
    Participant

Currently, I see riders gravitating back to the basic fanny pack which still requires spinning around, opening a zipper, and sorting through shit. I think people will go nuts with easy-access kydex pouches for tools, energy needs, mini-pumps/CO2 cartridges, etc.

Profile photo of Wes
    wesmc
    Participant

If the Lite Belts come in soon enough, I will carry one in the Gristmill Grinder Half-Marathon which is tough, grueling SOB traversing some hard-ass technical terrain. A couple of mag pouches would be great for carrying energy gels/Shot Bloks and some other pouch for a small runner’s water bottle. That time of year, the weather here in Fayette County, WV can be harsh, so it is good to carry a space blanket, too. Because, those fucking little runners packs are about as gay as a bag of dicks.

Profile photo of Davidcole
    Davidcole
    Participant

What kind of price are we going to be looking at for the belt?

Profile photo of Free Chicken Dinner
    RRS
    Participant

Speaking of quad front pouches, that is how I run my Versa (5.56) I take out the end kydex retainers. Even down to 4 I have 8 total mags with one in the gun and three on the belt in tacos.

Tactical training for Liberty, Fraternity, Excellence

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.