Small Unit Tactics contact patriot-dawn Patriot Rising

MVT Tactical Manual: Published!

Home Forums News & Training Updates MVT Tactical Manual: Published!

This topic contains 70 replies, has 31 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of D Close D Close 11 months ago.

Viewing 30 posts - 31 through 60 (of 71 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Darkrivers
    Darkrivers
    Participant

Kindle purchase went through! Can’t wait to check it out.

If you're gonna fight, fight like you're the 3rd monkey on the ramp to Noah's Ark... And Brother, it's starting to rain! James from Texas

Profile photo of Justin
    osozorro
    Participant

Now just waiting on the mail… damn. :unsure: :good:

Profile photo of Max Velocity
    Max
    Keymaster

Price of the paperback is $29.95. Showing for $35.51 right now from some hucksters called ‘prepbooks.’ Don’t buy it until the system shakes out and it is properly back for sale straight from Amazon for the right price.

Profile photo of GreenTip
    GreenTip
    Participant

You can order off Amazon now. I got a copy ordered.

Profile photo of Justin
    osozorro
    Participant

Price keeps rising… $40.53

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Max
    Keymaster

Chaps, as stated the paperback is currently still under review. These prices are from 3rd party vendors who also don’t have the book yet. Prices are rising because the status is similar to out of print. When I approve the changes, when I get the email to do so, I will announce it. List price is $29.95. This has to happen no later than 24 hours so no later than 0800 tomorrow. Will announce, hopefully tonight.

This is why I have not sent out the mailer yet, or otherwise advertised. Perhaps I should have sat on this till tomorrow…..but did not anticipate the cover snafu.

Profile photo of Jamison
    Jamison
    Participant

Just ordered the Kindle version!! Thanks!

Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter-accusations.

Nulla fatere. Nega omnia. Accusatis calumniatorem. Demanda probationem.

Profile photo of Brushpopper
    Brushpopper
    Participant

glad I read this, I had just ordered from “Prepbooks” for $40.53………went and canceled it quickly. I’ll let Amazon get it sorted out and then try it again! Goes to show I should always check here first! :scratch:

~ Little - South Texas

Profile photo of sparc plug
    sparc plug
    Participant

Congratulations on finishing this Max.
    I will be watching the mailbox over the next few days until my just bought copy arrives.

Max
    Keymaster

Dude, $40? I don’t even know who these prepbooks guys are. They are probably making a bunch while the book is actually down for review, and I’m pobably getting the reduced third party royalty rate.

I’ll let you know when I have approved it again. I’m going crazy waiting for the email. They can take up to 24 hours, from this morning. It should drop to the real price at that point.

This roll out has turned into a shit show, but I appreciate the drive to get hold of it.

Profile photo of Robbie
    kadelic
    Participant

I was able to purchase the book for 29.95 at 1000 Central time. My invoice says Sold by: Amazon.com Services, Inc. I hope my money goes to the right place. I got a followup email from Amazon saying the estimated delivery date is March 21st, fwiw. Got the Kindle version too.

Brushpopper
    Participant

@Max Thanks for the heads up and keep us posted!

~ Little - South Texas

Profile photo of TC
    TC
    Participant

LOL, you can get it for $5,000 now. I think I’ll wait…

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

SE Florida ☆ CQBC 2017 ☆ CTT/DA 2017 ☆ CLC 2018

Profile photo of RonW
    farmer
    Participant

I have my Kindle version also.

Ron :good:

RonW

Profile photo of Billy
    Billy
    Participant

I did some research, it appears the company “prepbooks” that is reselling the manual is a joint venture co-owned by two gentleman by the name of “James Yeager” and “John Mosby”???

Max
    Keymaster

I did some research, it appears the company “prepbooks” that is reselling the manual is a joint venture co-owned by two gentleman by the name of “James Yeager” and “John Mosby”???

Joke right? If not, post evidence / links?

Profile photo of Joe (G.W.N.S.)
    Joe (G.W.N.S.)

We are definitely getting a glimpse into how some people make money. I am particularly impressed with the used-like new condition one for sale. ;-)

Kindle: I like the format and it is easily navigated. Obviously I haven’t read it yet, but I did flip through all of the pages and read a few parts the happened to grab my attention.

No obvious viewing problems that can plague some kindle editions.

Did see one typo “Tthe” let us know if you want such feedback and in what form? Email, PM, or in the Forum.

Not a big deal for me.

I look forward to given this the thorough attention it deserves.

Excellent work Max! :good:

Profile photo of Virgil Kane
    Virgil Kane
    Participant

So that’s why prices fluctuate on Amazon. I placed an order yesterday for $29.95 and I have yet to see the Kindle version on the website. Are you all getting it from your Kindle device or one the website?

Masters II
    Georgia
    June 2017 Intro CQB, FOF-Team Deplorables
    October 2017 MVT South - CTT/DA
    March 2018 DCH

Profile photo of Wild Bill
    wildbill
    Participant

Just purchased book and Kindel versions :yahoo: Will definitely write :mail: a review when finished reading it, thanks Max for getting this done for us!

Western North Carolina ― LRMC-1 Sept. 2017, CQBC May 2017, DCH March 2017, RS & CTT October. 2016, CTT 1511, LN 1

“We don't rise to the level of our expectations, we fall to the level of our training.” ― Archilochos

“I do believe that, where there is only a choice between cowardice and violence, I would advise violence..." - Gandhi

Max
    Keymaster

I approved the prof just now. It will take as long as it takes, but some time today the spiders will crawl and it will reset to being for sale directly by amazon.

Profile photo of Virgil Kane
    Virgil Kane
    Participant

I hate spiders.

I found the Kindle under the Kindle section. Usually I find both versions together. Maybe that happens after the spiders.

Masters II
    Georgia
    June 2017 Intro CQB, FOF-Team Deplorables
    October 2017 MVT South - CTT/DA
    March 2018 DCH

Max
    Keymaster

Yes. The paperback is now properly up, actually prices at $29.03 now – amazon has spiders that fluctuate prices also. The spiders also consolidate both versions together after a period of time, it just takes a bit. Soon, you will see version options for purchase in one place.

The paperback is, as usual for a manual, a better way to read and learn with the diagrams. Kindle is convenient to have with you.

Got em both. Reading is ongoing. Thanks Max

CRCD/CP April 2014, CP August 2014, RC1,
    CTT/CP June/July 2015, Run n Gun/CQB/FoF 2016, DA Georgia 2017, DCH Georgia 2018

Darkrivers
    Participant

Started reading the kindle version. Great work Max! The writing style seems like it will maximize retention of the material.

If you're gonna fight, fight like you're the 3rd monkey on the ramp to Noah's Ark... And Brother, it's starting to rain! James from Texas

Profile photo of Wes
    wesmc
    Participant

I will receive my hard copy on Tuesday. :yahoo:

C2G Feb 2015, CTT March 2016, CQB June 2018

Profile photo of Wes
    wesmc
    Participant

Yes. The paperback is now properly up, actually prices at $29.03 now…

Better order quick! Prices are going up! Just paid $29.04 for mine. :-)

C2G Feb 2015, CTT March 2016, CQB June 2018

Brushpopper
    Participant

Got it ordered!

~ Little - South Texas

Profile photo of R Young
    R Young
    Participant

Got both. Thank you. I will be digging into the Kindle version tonight.

Rich

Profile photo of Rocky Mtn Yankee
    IronGriffin
    Participant

Just ordered my paper copy. Can’t wait for the mailman to come next week. Thanks for putting this together, Max.

CTT May 2017

Darkrivers
    Participant

Review for kindle version left on Amazon. Just ordered the hardcopy :good:

Viewing 30 posts - 31 through 60 (of 71 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.