Small Unit Tactics contact patriot-dawn Patriot Rising

New information of WY bear attack……

Home Forums The Lounge New information of WY bear attack……

This topic contains 6 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of First Sergeant First Sergeant 2 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of wheelsee
    wheelsee
    Participant

How many carry “empty chamber” or no spare mag? Have you been to MVT’s DCH class?? First Sergeant covers the why of ALL of this…..

Wyoming Bear Attack Glock had No Round in Chamber, Magazine & Pistol Separated

Which is heavier - a soldier's pack or a slave's chains? Napoleon

Strength, Honor. Maximus (Gladiator)

If you tolerate evil, you yourself are evil.
    Col Hugo Martinez, Commander Search Bloc

William, in The Republic - CRS/CTT 2017, HEAT 2/CQB/FonF 2018, DCH 2018

Profile photo of Joe (G.W.N.S.)
    Joe (G.W.N.S.)

Absolutely insane! :wacko:

It’s not just the condition three carry, which has no place with modern pistols, but placing it beyond reach?

I never cease to be amazed by people!

Since this came up here is a thread that maybe worth looking at.

Grizzly with 9mm Pistol?

Even though most will never face a grizzly with a 9mm I thought this maybe worth bringing up again for general knowledge for those using 9mm.

Buffalo Bore 9MM +P OUTDOORSMAN
    147gr. Hard Cast FN @ 1100 fps
    20 ROUND BOX

This load is designed to penetrate deep (4 to 6 feet) in a straight line, through flesh and bones and that flat nose does considerably more terminal damage, as it crushes its way through tissues, than a round nose bullet does as it slips and slides it way through tissues and that crushing action, keeps the bullet nose forward and ensures very deep straight-line penetration.

———————————————————————

9mm Luger +P+ PENETRATOR Ammo – 124 gr. FMJ-FN
    (1,300 fps/M.E. 465 ft. lbs.) – 20 Round Box

While not cheap this specialty ammo may have a place in your options toolbox.

Profile photo of Abacus
    Abacus
    Participant

It might as well have been on the moon…

A portion of the typos in the above message might be my phone, the rest are just me.

I have been wrong before...

Profile photo of First Sergeant
    First Sergeant

This guy was supposed to be an experienced guide.

He paid for it.

FILO
    Signal out, can you identify.
    Je ne regrette rien...
    Klagt Nicht, Kämpft

Profile photo of Wysharpshooter79
    Wysharpshooter79
    Participant

It has got to the point here in Wyoming that grizzlies are attracted to the sounds of gunshots now. They think that when they hear a gunshot, this means free food somewhere. They have not allowed a bear hunt here in so long, bears no longer have a fear of man. They tried to get one this year but due to the out of staters moving here with their animal rights thinking plus money coming in from Jane Goodall, they were able to sue Wyoming and get it stopped. Im hoping this issue will get folks here fired up about federal overreach but not holding my breath.

With all that said, I never go in the woods with out my 45 colt revolver loaded heavy. To not have at least a pistol on your side out here in the woods is asking for trouble. A bear and cubs that was recently trapped in the Cody area and relocated to Jackson Hole, was recently found and euthanized about 10 miles from my house, 30 miles east of where it was originally trapped. It travelled close to 200 miles before it was killed. People here carry just not 2 legged critters, but for 4 legged also!

Profile photo of DuaneH
    DuaneH
    Participant

“Attracted to gunshots now”

That is what I was told by the owner of the ranch in Wyoming where I spent a week this past summer. Went hiking in the mountains carrying a G20 and 12 gauge.

The problem with the experienced guide was his lack of mindset. He may have been experienced, but he was so experienced he had gotten comfortable and let his guard down.

Appleseed.
    NOV2008 IBC
    OCT2009 FT Stewart
    OCT2010 RBC Known Distance Rifleman
    OCT2014&2015 Long Distance Rifleman
    JUN2015 1000 Yds

I.C.E/JAN2011 Combat Focus Shooting

Tactical Response
    JUN2009 Fighting Pistol
    JUL2009 Fighting Rifle
    AUG2010 Immediate Action Medical
    NOV2012 Way of the Rifle

Mountain Guerrilla/JUN2013-Irregular Warfare

MVT
    SEP2013&2014-CRCD
    OCT2014-CP
    MAR2015-RC1=RIFLEMAN!
    AUG2015-CCC
    SEP2016-CTT
    OCT2016-FOF
    TEAM COYOTE!

Profile photo of First Sergeant
    First Sergeant

It has got to the point here in Wyoming that grizzlies are attracted to the sounds of gunshots now. They think that when they hear a gunshot, this means free food somewhere. They have not allowed a bear hunt here in so long, bears no longer have a fear of man. They tried to get one this year but due to the out of staters moving here with their animal rights thinking plus money coming in from Jane Goodall, they were able to sue Wyoming and get it stopped. Im hoping this issue will get folks here fired up about federal overreach but not holding my breath.

With all that said, I never go in the woods with out my 45 colt revolver loaded heavy. To not have at least a pistol on your side out here in the woods is asking for trouble. A bear and cubs that was recently trapped in the Cody area and relocated to Jackson Hole, was recently found and euthanized about 10 miles from my house, 30 miles east of where it was originally trapped. It travelled close to 200 miles before it was killed. People here carry just not 2 legged critters, but for 4 legged also!

I remember reading an article in I think F&S years ago. The name of the article was “Dinner Bell Bears”. It was about grizzlies in Alaska that had learned that a gunshot was a dinner bell to a free meal.

There are to many people that refuse to accept that when you leave the city you become part of the food chain.

FILO
    Signal out, can you identify.
    Je ne regrette rien...
    Klagt Nicht, Kämpft

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.