Small Unit Tactics contact patriot-dawn Patriot Rising

New plate carrier

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of DarkriversDarkrivers
    Participant

I’m thinking of upgrading my banshee plate carrier to something better to go with my ShotStop plates. Top choice so far is Crye JPC but I’d love to hear what other Alumni are running and what they think of it.

If you're gonna fight, fight like you're the 3rd monkey on the ramp to Noah's Ark... And Brother, it's starting to rain! James from Texas

Profile photo of RobertRobert
    Participant

Bought a Cyre off of another Alumni and I love it. Need to find another one to upgrade the boy at some point.

www.jrhenterprises.com
    RMP, TC3, NODF, CRCD 6/14, CP 9/14. NODF, Land Nav, 6/15. Rifleman Challenge 9/15- Vanguard. FOFtactics 3/16, 10/16, 11/16, 6/17,11/17 CTT, 6/15, 11/16, , LRMC-1 9/17 GA Mobile CTT and DA 10/16, GA mobile DCH 3/18, HEAT1 3/18 Alum weekend 8/18, Opfor CLC 10/18, DA 11/18 CQBC 12/18

Participant

Thanks for posting. I’m leaning towards the JPC its seems to be more reasonable price wise.

If you're gonna fight, fight like you're the 3rd monkey on the ramp to Noah's Ark... And Brother, it's starting to rain! James from Texas

Profile photo of Idaho Cajunidahocajun
    Participant

My father in law runs the Crye JPC and loves it. I run the Warrior Assualt Systems recon rig. I personally love the quick snaps versus Velcro. I have been eyeballing the first spear rigs for a while, just haven’t pulled the trigger based on the price point.

Profile photo of Mike QMike Q
    Participant

I run a jpc but swapped the cumberbound out for a first spear tube unit. I love the first spear tube design. If I had to do it again, I’d go with a full first spear plate carrier. I bought the jpc a year before I switched the cumberbound and didn’t want to spend the additional several hundred dollars for the full first spear rig.

There never seems to be enough time to do it right, but there is always enough time to do it twice.

CRM Sept. 2014, CTT 1505, CTT July 2015, RC-Rifleman 1502, CP Nov. 2015, FoF March 2016, CCW May 2016, FoF Oct. 2016, FoF Nov. 2016, CLC April 2017, FoF Nov. 2017, Alumni weekend Aug. 2018, CQB Dec. 2018

Profile photo of RoadkillRoadkill
    Participant

Velocity Scarab LT. With the ultra small zip on back pac. The articulating shoulder straps make for super comfortable movement. Plus with Velocity in the name how can you go wrong. Seriously though, great piece of kit. I can quickly attach either of the MVT chest rigs I have.

RS/CTT Nov 16
    HEAT1 Aug18

Profile photo of HessianHessian
    Participant

Direct Action Gear, Spit Fire Plate carrier. Very similar to the JPC & very light.

Profile photo of JohnnyMacJohnnyMac
    Participant

I’ve been using the FirstSpear STT https://www.skdtac.com/FirstSpear-STT-Plate-Carrier-SKD-Exclusive-p/fsr.550.htm.

The tubes are nice.

Profile photo of Keeper aka "Sun Shine"Keeper
    Participant

Crye good to go :good:

Alumni living in N.E Fla. for now. Going to retire in Iowa on the farm some day soon.

Participant

So after a lot of deliberation I decided to try out a US made version of the LBT 6094. AWS Inc makes it,there are some great reviews and their gear is well made. They sell their version of the 6094 for about $150 and I can get a tubes conversion for it for another $100 from Beez Combat systems. After I receive it I will update with what I think of it.

https://www.awsin.com/proddetail.asp?prod=52813

Profile photo of Lloydshooter
    Participant

I’ve tried a bunch of different PC’s and my favorite are these –

Slick Plate Carrier

https://lbtinc.com/collections/sale/products/6094k1

---

We are all victims of our perspective.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.