Small Unit Tactics contact patriot-dawn Patriot Rising

Now Available: 3X Special Forces Rig!

Home Forums MVT News & Training Updates Now Available: 3X Special Forces Rig!

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 35 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Max VelocityMax
    Keymaster

PROTECT. DEFEND. SURVIVE.

gear_logo_1

AVAILABLE NOW!

3X SPECIAL FORCES RIG!

img_0678

The 3X Special Forces Rig was designed in collaboration with SOF personnel, specifically to fill the need for a rig that will comfortably carry the AN/PRC 152 radio. This capability has resulted in two collapsible side pouches that enhance the rig by allowing the carriage of 2 x AN/PRC 152 radios (one each side), or 2 x 5.56 magazines in each radio pouch, or use the pouches for admin items or leave them collapsed. In addition, the front of the radio pouches has four rows of MOLLE, for the attachment of admin pouches as needed.

img_0701

These specific design features and capabilities have resulted in a rig that is extremely versatile to varying load requirements, and will suit non-military as well as military personnel, whether or not you carry a radio on your gear.

• Wear the 3X Rig with the supplied h-harness, over a Plate Carrier or standalone.
    • Use the MVT PC Kit (sold separately) to attach the 3X Rig directly to your Plate Carrier.

img_0710

• Multiple use options, as an assault panel over a PC, or standalone in ‘recce mode.’
    • The 3X Rig is designed to allow the radio pouches to adjust comfortably across your chest, or if worn over a PC, the radio/mags fit into the space beside your front plate

14650206_10157532453150150_8691125047310409297_n

BUY NOW!

The 3X Special Forces Rig is well designed and crafted, 100% MADE IN USA, giving you the ability to carry four (4) x 5.56 (.223) magazines in easily accessible magazine pouches. Utilizing kydex retention inserts in the magazine pouches gives excellent magazine retention while allowing for lighting fast reloads. You can plus up the rig to 8 magazines, using the collapsible radio pouches, if you need.

img_0705

This rig has some outstanding features:

• 5.56 (.223) magazine pouches with kydex inserts x 4.
    • Low profile slim fit with the 4 x magazine pouches close to the body.
    • Each magazine pouch is supplied with a Kydex insert which both secures the magazine and allows for fast reloads.
    • 3 rows of MOLLE across the rig for maximum versatility.
    • 4 MOLLE wide side panles for the attachment of additonall pouches.
    • 2 x collapsible radio/magazine pouches behind the side panels, specifically designed for the AN/PRC 152 radio / 2 x 5.56 magazines.
    • Adjustable elastic/550 cord straps on the radio pouch to secure items of various sizes.
    • ‘Tuck tab’ design of the admin pouches (sold separately), providing secure closed-top pouches that can be accessed with complete silence – no velcro, buckle, or snap noise.
    • 4 adjustable points for a “perfect fit” for almost any body type / shape.
    • H-harness design with “vertical” MOLLE – providing comfort to be worn by itself, or with a backpack.
    • H-Harness is supplied with MOLLE to make the rig hydration carrier compatible.
    • Rear pouch for orienteering style compass.
    • Map / Notebook Pouch on back of rig, overlaying the compass pouch.
    • Antennae loops on the bottom of the rig. By using a flexible antenna extension, you can route the antennae(s) down and under the rig.
    • 1000D Cordura.
    • 100% MADE IN THE USA.

BUY NOW!

img_0698

Sold separately are the MVT admin pouches in two sizes (small, medium and large), which attach to the MOLLE front on the 556 Patrol Rig, and utilize the ‘tuck tab’ method for silent opening and closing (no Velcro).

img_0713

KYDEX INSERTS: At MVT, we believe that you need a rig that is quick and easy to insert mags, bump mags, or do a tactical reload. What we wanted was a way of doing it with one hand, allowing you to keep the other on the rifle, scanning. Kydex inserts allow you to remove and insert, one handed, including in low/no light. You can hang upside down without worrying about your mags falling out. They provide pouch rigidity, so it’s easier to reload, without the pouch collapsing around the mag.

Price:

Multicam: $165

Coyote Brown: $155

100% MADE IN THE USA parachute rigger quality gear. Don’t buy cheap or Chinese, buy once, cry once!

img_0707

BUY NOW!

gear_logo_1

___

MVT CLASS LIST

___

MVT TRAINING CALENDAR

___

STUDENT REVIEWS

___

MVT GEAR STORE

BUY NOW!

img_0704

BUY NOW!

Profile photo of wheelseewheelsee
    Participant

WOOHOO!! 1 ordered. (I’ll be passing it around my immediate group, but probably ordering 2 more if they like it)

Thanks to everyone involved!

Which is heavier - a soldier's pack or a slave's chains? Napoleon

Strength, Honor. Maximus (Gladiator)

If you tolerate evil, you yourself are evil.
    Col Hugo Martinez, Commander Search Bloc

William, in The Republic - CRS/CTT 2017, HEAT 2/CQB/FonF 2018, DCH 2018

Keymaster

Have you bought one yet?

Or are you sticking with the cheap commie crap that will fail you?

Buy once, buy quality, cry once.

B-)

Profile photo of RonWfarmer
    Participant

If I order now, can I pick it up at CRS in November?

farmer

RonW

Profile photo of WTLveritas556
    Participant

Ordered!

Keymaster

@Farmer: I have no stock at site. You’ll get it in the mail before that.

For those who think I grow these out my ass, they are made by MVT Gear in Georgia, and shipped to you from there. I do get some stock shipped to me in Culpeper VA, so that I can have them at the site in Romney WV, but I have no 3X’s yet.

Plus, I never have time at classes to actually try and sell gear to anyone. We spend all the time training. At the end of the training day, cadre are moving targets and setting up.

Buy it in advance, set it up, get used to it, rig it with pouches how you want.

Profile photo of MVT Gear OEMMVT Gear OEM
    Participant

Just so you guys know, our golden standard is to ship your order within one week of placing the order. Then depending on where you are in the country, holidays, weekends, ect shipping takes about 3-4 days. So roughly 2 weeks from time of order to your door.

I don’t care what anyone says, that is really fast for a small shop that does not mass produce these things. If you look around at other gear sites, you will see in some cases months lead times. We are not Amazon Prime, but we do our best.

A couple of you guys have said you ordered one, so I might throw up a photo or two of them being made. You can see your rig come to life.

Max and I really appreciate you guys supporting MVT gear. Please help us spread the word on any other various forums you might frequent. Word of mouth (or keyboard of hand?) is great help in spreading MVT gear to the masses.

I am here and will assist with any questions or concerns you may have. If I don’t get back to you right away, it’s probably because I am making your gear and won’t be distracted.

If you have problems with your MVT gear, if something fails, please let us fix it. I want to fix it. I don’t believe you much success getting Condor to help with issues.

Participant

I’m pretty stoked for this rig. This past week at CP I ran a Haley Strategic DC3R and it slowed me down in multiple ways:

1. The kangaroo bands got in the way on mag extraction many times, even when moved to the side. The pouches are so close together it’s unavoidable. They do offer kydex inserts for an extra $40 which makes the rig $225 and then you have to do surgery on the rig to cut away the kangaroo bands and the loops.

2. Even admin reloads were slow (maybe not super important but slow is slow) because the end pouches would collapse on themselves. Not to mention the kangaroos being always in the way.

3. The 2 admin pouches are velcro and apart from the noise issue have a pretty small surface area and aren’t super secure.

Just my .02

Profile photo of Joe (G.W.N.S.)Joe (G.W.N.S.)

Could you describe the collapsible radio/magazine pouches a little more. It appears there are two dividers inside.

Elastic, webbing, or cordura?

Full length inside pouch?

Thanks.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Participant

Are you guys stitching or putting an mvtgear.com patch or anything on these? Just a marketing thought ;)

Participant

Heads up on the Haley Stratigic injection molded plastic mag inserts. I purchased a set to compare to the inserts MVT uses, and found them to be pretty flimsy. The mag pouch that holds a Haley Stratigic insert would have to be tailor made. Friction alone will not hold these inserts in the mag pouch. I was able to pull the insert out along with the mag when I was playing around with them.

In short, MVT is superior in this respect. No, the Haley Stratigic inserts will not work with any MVT chest rig.

Glad to see you found out that your gear needs updating. Thank you for giving MVT a shot.

Participant

ordered, along with some admin pouches.

farmer

RonW

Profile photo of JeffSagsJeffSags
    Participant

Just saw the 3x on soldiersystems!

CRCD AUG 13, CRCD MAR 14, CP AUG 14, CR MAR 15, Shivworks ECQC, MVT RIFLEMAN, CTT AUG 16, CQBC

Profile photo of SeanTSeanT

Are you guys stitching or putting an mvtgear.com patch or anything on these? Just a marketing thought ;)

My Patrol rig has a branded label on the back of the compass pouch.

The attention to the details and the quality materials is high. I got what I paid for 100%

Participant

We put the label on the compass pouch that sits inside the map pouch. It used to be exposed, but now that we put map pouches on everything, it is more hidden. Would make sense to put the label on the outside of the map pouch for the rigs used in photos. I like having the label somewhat shielded by the map pouch so id does not wear off.

What is the logic behind the dividers in the radio/mag pouch? Well, I will try to keep the answer short. The 3X really was designed with input from the SF guys. What the SF crew wanted more than anything was a way to “comfortably” carry their huge Harris 152 radios. As an added bonus, the rig was optimized to be worn with a PC and be an outstanding stand alone rig. They did not want a separate pouch for the radios as it took up too much valuable real estate on the Molle field.

After trying many, many different pouch designs, we landed on what we have now. Located where it is, the radio or mags push equally towards the front and back. This is very key for comfort.

The dividers are made of Cordura, and when they are collapsed, you cant even tell they are there. They pockets right and left of the dividers were an added benefit and are very handy for storing anything small and tubular. Oil bottle, flashlight, things of that nature.

The back of the rig is makes a great little office, and you could run the rig without any pouches on the front if you took the notion. All in all, more thought has gone into this rig than any other we have made.

Hope that answered the inquiry.

Profile photo of Joe (G.W.N.S.)Joe (G.W.N.S.)

Appreciate the information.

Profile photo of Bartlettnorman
    Participant

Excellent. Looks like great gear.

Order imminent.

CTT/MOB (TX, 2016-02); CP/FOF (TX, 2017-02)

Profile photo of lovemygearlovemygear
    Participant

Are the radio pouches big enough/suitable to use as a holster or put a holster insert into?

I know it is heresy but I am not a fan of battle belts and I like to put pistol on the chest rig.

Participant

I am going to have to duck the holster in the radio pouch question and defer to Max. My thoughts on the matter is that it will not be suitable for a holster. Could something be rigged up to make it work? Maybe, but I must confess that the idea never crossed any of our minds during the design process.

When fully expanded, the pouch measures:
    3 inches right to left.
    1.5 inches front to back.
    6.75 inches from bottom to top of rig.

Profile photo of El Loboellobo
    Participant

Do you think you’ll make a run in 308/7.62 ?
    I have the responder rig and it’s awesome.

I'M NO SHIRKER !

Keymaster

@lovemygear: I just threw my Glock in there. It will take it, just like I have seen handguns in mag pouches before. The 550 cord/elastic will retain it. It’s not designed, nor is it ideal, but if you want to carry a handgun like that, you can. It will sit snug against your ribs.

Participant

It is not out of the realm of possibility that we will offer the 3X in 308 and AK. It will take a little redesigning to make it work for those two calibers. The pouches for 308 and AK are wider and will push the rig to a width that will probably be too wide if we keep the current design.

Right now, the MVT Battle Belt is taking up my free design time, so we will have to circle back to the 3X for other calibers.

Participant

Thanks, I was super happy the responder rig took 556 circle 10 mags for the ak. If and when the 3x for 308/762, you got yourself a buyer.

I'M NO SHIRKER !

Participant

So you are using a 308/762 Responded for a 556 AK mag?

Keymaster

The 3X will not be available in 7.62. At least not for the forseeable future, and I don’t believe the math works. It is designed for 5.56 for a special purpose that just so happens to fill a lot of civilian needs.

Not sure what you meant by the mags you have in your 5.56 responder. But are you aware that the responder is available also in 7.62/.308?

Profile photo of wheelseewheelsee
    Participant

WOOHOO!!

Just received my 3X rig…..WELL MADE gents!!

Which is heavier - a soldier's pack or a slave's chains? Napoleon

Strength, Honor. Maximus (Gladiator)

If you tolerate evil, you yourself are evil.
    Col Hugo Martinez, Commander Search Bloc

William, in The Republic - CRS/CTT 2017, HEAT 2/CQB/FonF 2018, DCH 2018

Participant

My 5.56 ak mags fit in my ar 5.56 responder, which is awesome. Yes, I am aware of the 7.62 responder rig which I am going to be getting, I was just wondering about the 3x rig. But no worries, I’m good with the responder. Thanks for making a bad ass product.

I'M NO SHIRKER !

Participant

I received mine today also, along with some admin pouches I didn’t get with my VERSA Rig.

farmer

edit clarification- I ordered pouches with the Special Forces Rig, not with the VERSA Rig. I forgot to order them with the VERSA. Sorry if there was any confusion. MVT OEM is excellent product & delivery service ! :-

RonW

Participant

Just got mine today – really well done. But Jesus – coyote webbing!!!??? LOL :wacko:

Quick question – there is a strip of hook (Velcro) on the front side of each mag insert but no loop companion on the inside of the pocket. Is there a hidden purpose for this? Just curious.

Will be following up with a full YouTube video review shortly…

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Keymaster

Holds the kydex insert in place, matches the velcro on the insert.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 35 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.