Small Unit Tactics contact patriot-dawn Patriot Rising

Overlooking the basics

Home Forums Tactics & Leadership Tactical Combat Casualty Care Overlooking the basics

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Joe (G.W.N.S.) Joe (G.W.N.S.) 1 year, 3 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of B
    medicup
    Participant

As medical pats we often focus on training and equipping for the battle, but what about in between conflicts? A raging case of diarrhea will take a man out of the fight just as being injured during battle. Hygiene in the field can be difficult, but is of utmost importance for maintaining the health of each teammate. Learning how to live in the field and stay healthy, I believe, should be a primary training point. Conditions such as hypothermia, hyperthermia, cuts, scraps, dermatitis, infection, etc. can be devastating if not properly managed. I am interested to hear what you have done to prevent and/or manage ailments from living in the field, what works, what doesn’t work, etc. How do you educate your men? Again, what works, and what doesn’t work. I met with resistance from a few of my fellow tribesmen while trying to educate them, due primarily I believe by intimidation. There is a lot to medicine and it can be overwhelming to those of us who work in the field. Twice as bad for those who have no medical training. Your thoughts?

Profile photo of Joe (G.W.N.S.)
    Joe (G.W.N.S.)

The section Self-Reliance & Preparedness and within the Medical Care sub-forum has much information.

Field Hygiene and Sanitation: The Most Dangerous Threat!

X-Static Products can greatly aid with hygiene.

First Sergeant’s Thread Observations and some advice has some related information.

I would rather die with my ideals intact, than be victorious by becoming all that I oppose!

This why I can never be truly defeated!

Profile photo of B
    medicup
    Participant

Excellent. Thank you Joe.

Profile photo of Joe (G.W.N.S.)
    Joe (G.W.N.S.)

After reviewing the links feel free to either ask for amplification or add your thoughts.

Here’s another link that maybe of interest.

Maggot Therapy

I would rather die with my ideals intact, than be victorious by becoming all that I oppose!

This why I can never be truly defeated!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.