Small Unit Tactics contact patriot-dawn Patriot Rising

Parenting: maintaining healthy diet with young kids

Home Forums Tactical Fitness & Nutrition Training Nutrition Parenting: maintaining healthy diet with young kids

This topic contains 8 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Robert Robert 2 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Max Velocity
    Max
    Keymaster

There you go, started it for you…..

Profile photo of Support Side
    ffhounddog
    Participant

So, what do you eat when you are Averaging 2.5 to 3 hours of sleep? I have Twins that are two months old, I am tired as all get out. Eatting crappy protien bars are not the best but I do eat a lot of yogurt now in blueberry form and coffee and water is a stable.

Any ideas what to eat as a new Father I am all ears.

Support Side. Not flattering but better than weak side.

Profile photo of Max Velocity
    Max
    Keymaster

I have a 6 week old as well as 5, 6 and 7. What changes? Just remember to set the coffee pot for the morning.

Try sleeping through the night and making your wife cook for you, and see how far you get….. :scratch:

Profile photo of Mike Q
    Mike Q
    Participant

I think you may better luck with the Taliban there Max…

There never seems to be enough time to do it right, but there is always enough time to do it twice.

CRM Sept. 2014, CTT 1505, CTT July 2015, RC-Rifleman 1502, CP Nov. 2015, FoF March 2016, CCW May 2016, FoF Oct. 2016, FoF Nov. 2016, CLC April 2017, FoF Nov. 2017, Alumni weekend Aug. 2018, CQB Dec. 2018

Profile photo of Brian from Georgia
    Brian from Georgia
    Participant

So, what do you eat when you are Averaging 2.5 to 3 hours of sleep? I have Twins that are two months old, I am tired as all get out. Eatting crappy protien bars are not the best but I do eat a lot of yogurt now in blueberry form and coffee and water is a stable.

Any ideas what to eat as a new Father I am all ears.

I feel for ya. I was in the worst shape of my life when my kids were young.

Pre-cook bacon or sausage or what have you on the weekend and keep it in the fridge for use all week. Eggs take no time to cook. Prep all ingredients for omelets on the weekend, mix ’em up and heat the pan while the coffee is brewing and you’re eating in 15 minutes.

Oatmeal is quick. I can have it ready before the coffee. Chase it with a whey protein shake.

Another quick breakfast is whey protein in almond milk (low sugar kind) with a tablespoon of peanut butter blended in. It’s 290 calories of liquid goodness with 29g protein, 12g fat and only 16g of carbs. Add in a banana for another 100 calories if you don’t mind the sugar carbs.

3-4 Aug 2013 CRCD, 2-6 Aug 2014 CRCD/Patrol, 30 Sep 2016 Run n Gun, 1-2 Oct 2016 FoF, 3-4 March 2018 DCH alumni
    Team Coyote

Profile photo of Skittles
    Skittles
    Participant

Coffee and whiskey. Everything else is extra. It doesnt get better as they get older. They just cease hostilities to unite against you.

"... rainbow colored unicorn farts."

Profile photo of Trailman
    trailman
    Participant

Coffee and whiskey. Everything else is extra. It doesn’t get better as they get older. They just cease hostilities to unite against you.

Phht. I would find my grandfather at the table on Sunday mornings with a pack of Marlboros, a bottle of vodka and a horseradish root. He’d smoke about 1/2 a cigarette, slice off a piece of root with his pocket knife eats it and chased it with a shot. He’d do two smokes that way. Poor guy died of emphysema at 94. :wacko: I do believe that’s how he survived the entire 20th Century from Austria to here.

Seriously I think that the way we managed our four was just to address what’s needed when needed. Teach them to read ASAP and throw them outside. Oh, burn the TV. Eat when they eat, it’s all about managing the opportunities.

CRM, CTT 1501, CP11/15, CTT5/16, FoF, DCH, CLC Opfor, Team Minion

Just remember, Anne Frank was a criminal because the government made her one and she died because she broke the law.

Profile photo of Support Side
    ffhounddog
    Participant

Yeah make the wife cook for me….Hmmm, I think I would get an advisor gig to Norway before she does this for me the first year at least.

Support Side. Not flattering but better than weak side.

Profile photo of Robert
    Robert
    Participant

I see so many YOUNG kids drinking soda, sometimes from baby bottles- WTF over? A doc friend of mine told me that pediatric dentistry was one of the fastest growing medical specialties.

I’ve worked with so many kids that were pumped full of Crapdonalds food, soda and candy, then heard their parents bitch about them being “out of control, I can’t do nothin wit them!” Well DUH people.

We underestimate the need for a calm child is something bad happens. They may need to be quiet for extended periods of time and stay calm.

www.jrhenterprises.com
    RMP, TC3, NODF, CRCD 6/14, CP 9/14. NODF, Land Nav, 6/15. Rifleman Challenge 9/15- Vanguard. FOFtactics 3/16, 10/16, 11/16, 6/17,11/17 CTT, 6/15, 11/16, , LRMC-1 9/17 GA Mobile CTT and DA 10/16, GA mobile DCH 3/18, HEAT1 3/18 Alum weekend 8/18, Opfor CLC 10/18, DA 11/18 CQBC 12/18

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.