Small Unit Tactics contact patriot-dawn Patriot Rising

Piedmont Area of NC, and Surround

Home Forums The Lounge The local Meeting Spot Piedmont Area of NC, and Surround

This topic contains 72 replies, has 18 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of zeerf zeerf 1 year, 8 months ago.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 73 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of DiznNC
    DiznNC
    Participant

Hey guys:

Anybody in the Carolinas and surrounding area interested in linking up and training, give us a shout.

CTT 1505, NODF 1505, CP 1503, LN 1, RC II, Rifleman

Profile photo of Max Velocity
    Max
    Keymaster

In the RTP area with a few others. We will be working on our own for a while (just getting going), but may want to meet some time once we get a bit more organized.

In the interim, paying attention here.

Atlas Shrug

Profile photo of D Close
    D Close

Gents, I’m in Hampton Roads. I can travel a few hours for some training as opportunities arise. I also conduct regular firearms and ruck training with my local peeps. If you are up this way, there are numerous exercises that can be planned, including range shooting (out to 300m), rucking, paintball/airsoft FOF, challenge course, PT. The local beer menu is pretty good too.

The only easy day was yesterday

Max
    Keymaster

located just outside Fort Bragg here, wouldnt mind training locally in NC before I make my way to Romney.

Max
    Keymaster

Goldsboro area. Anyone interested in airsoft using Max’s tactic?

Profile photo of Tater in SC
    Tater in SC
    Participant

Diz,
    I’m just “across the border” South of CLT, NC. (MVT Alumni: 3 CRCD, 1 CP & 1 combo CRCD-PC) Also, have several buddies just outside Spartanburg, SC.

American by birth, Southern by the Grace of God

Max
    Keymaster

Western NC here, but get to the coast quite often.

Max
    Keymaster

Goldsboro here, just getting started in this sorta thing so lacking gear/ knowledge base. I should be in a pretty decent spot next year to start getting actually involved in things.

Max
    Keymaster

Diz,
    Located in Piedmont. Respond if you have time to chat.
    J

Profile photo of Hambone
    Hambone
    Participant

Here, :30 south of Bragg. Anyone close?

Hamer

Max
    Keymaster

Wnc myself, i am alway up for some shooting and training, also enjoy competing shooting. I am a newbie when it comes to the tactical side of things, but have the safe gun handling part down. Let me know if we ever get a meet up going.

Max
    Keymaster

First post so want to say hello. I’m just north of Charlotte. Have read all of Max’s books but haven’t had a chance to attend any classes yet. Always interested in shooting and meeting new people.

Profile photo of Hambone
    Hambone
    Participant

Any chance in getting some dates for 2015 to meet and maybe get some training in? Would be nice to train with some guys who’ve been through Max’s courses.

Hamer

Profile photo of J
    swaugej
    Participant

Hamer (or others)
    I am located in the Piedmont area of NC and I am looking to make connections with like minded individuals. I would be interested in meeting with anybody that is interested in talking over the next few weeks. I would be willing to meet at a site that works for all.

J

Max
    Keymaster

Hey guys… New here and just wanted to stop in and say hello. I am out in the eastern part of the state. I didn’t really look to see if there was a thread for people closer to me this one seems to be getting some traction.

I am a former Army Airborne Infantryman and spent some time with the 82nd on my last enlistment. I am actually interested in taking some of Max’s classes kinda like a refresher. Or even find some other guys with the same background to train with. Its been a while for me.

I have actually been doing a little training as of late. Mostly just some “Walking” around my AO trying to drop a little weight. The good thing is I have 700 acres of private land on which I can pretty much do whatever I want. With the exception of “Live Fire and Maneuver”. I do have a 500+ yard range in my back yard so I can shoot whenever I want….. when I can afford ammo…

Look forward to meeting some of you guys…

PAP

Max
    Keymaster

People’s Republic of Durham here.

Profile photo of Jwoop66
    jwoop66
    Participant

I’m in Greensboro.

Profile photo of DiznNC
    DiznNC
    Participant

Hey guys:

Look at your schedules and let’s pick a date-time-location to meet up. I would like to train with like-mined individuals, in conjunction to prepping for a MVT course. Let’s just meet, sort ourselves out, and make a list of stuff we need to train on in prep for class. I would say no live fire would be required (initially) just to get all on same page of music. Compare notes, kit, that sort of thing. Just some land to patrol in full kit without freaking out the natives. Night time and even over-night stay would definitely be a plus. I might be able to pull something out of my ass in the Albemarle-to-Fayetteville area, if nobody has anything that would work and/or be agreeable to everyone.

Profile photo of Hambone
    Hambone
    Participant

Diz, I’ll try and make the dates. If I can get a couple of weeks heads up. I have no prior military experience, so this will all be new to me. Looking forward to it.

Hamer

Max
    Keymaster

Anyone wanting to attend the next CCH class in Wake County, it will be Feb 28th, p.m. me for details.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Fellas:

Dont be afraid to PM each other to get this thread going again.

A PM will generate a email to the user and will send him to your message.

This thread looks like it has potential lets reactivate it! :yes:

Profile photo of Hambone
    Hambone
    Participant

Guys, it’s 2015. Time is getting shorter and shorter. We need to get together somewhere in an area that is close for all. At the rate things are going we need to get ourselves acquainted and get some training dates nailed down. Is there anyone who has some property or access to property we could possibly train up on. It’s time to put this together or we’ll get caught off guard. Who’s in?

Hamer

Profile photo of DiznNC
    DiznNC
    Participant

I’m in. Been on my mind as well.

Will be training with the crew in GA 12-15 MAR but open after that.

Profile photo of Brian from Georgia
    Brian from Georgia
    Participant

I’m in. Been on my mind as well.

Will be training with the crew in GA 12-15 MAR but open after that.

Whatcha got going on in GA? Small private group?

3-4 Aug 2013 CRCD, 2-6 Aug 2014 CRCD/Patrol, 30 Sep 2016 Run n Gun, 1-2 Oct 2016 FoF, 3-4 March 2018 DCH alumni
    Team Coyote

Profile photo of Hambone
    Hambone
    Participant

Guys, let’s take a look at the end of April or the first of May. If we can let’s at least meet up and find out where we need to start. Then maybe we can set some training dates and get everyone up to speed. Because some of us, including myself, may be way behind.

Hamer

Profile photo of DiznNC
    DiznNC
    Participant

Yeah I’m helping to train our original group down there, but I’m also interested in getting a group together closer to home. If any guys in GA are interested I’ll ask the guys there if they’d like to meet new folks.

For the Carolinas, it’s a tough one since we’re spread so far apart. I’m thinking maybe somewhere in the Piedmont area might be a good central meeting spot. But it’s gonna depend on where we can get some land to train.

I agree, a meet and greet would be a good idea, even before we get a place to train. Any suggestions? I have a place in mind around me, which seems to be in the middle of most of you guys. The Nichols Store in Rock Hill, SC, has nice big parking lot, snack bar, not to mention lots of gear.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

You have a large (ish) group in this thread thats somewhat close to each other.

Diz, as the OP, if you wanna to take the lead and PM everyone in this group who hasn’t posted in the last couple weeks that might get it rolling.

Let’s make it happen fellas! :good:

Profile photo of Hambone
    Hambone
    Participant

Diz, Rock Hill is about 2.5 hours from here. Are we going to meet there or will that be a training local? I agree a meet is essential. Let’s get that nailed down, then we can make to a training date and locale.

Hamer

Profile photo of DiznNC
    DiznNC
    Participant

Hey Guys:

Back from training weekend. Still want to link up with you guys, just for meet n greet if nothing else. I want to attend a CCT class in the May-June timeframe. Like to tune up everything before that.

PAP1776, approx. location for planning purposes? You may be further east than most but sounds like you have the land.

I would be happy with some ground just to practice dry fire and maneuver. And SUT/patrolling procedures. Live fire would be a plus.

Max
    Keymaster

I am about 30 min east of Washington NC. I know that is a hump for most of you guys. I guess that’s the price you pay for living in the boonies…. :-) I would love to try and come out and do a meet and greet.

I am actually hosting a group of friends this weekend for a shoot and probably some SUT classes. I got a former Marine, an EOD tech and another former Infantryman coming. Plus some civvies… should be a great weekend.

I will keep an eye out for a meet and greet…

PAP1776

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 73 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.