Small Unit Tactics contact patriot-dawn Patriot Rising

Piedmont Area of NC, and Surround

Home Forums The Lounge The local Meeting Spot Piedmont Area of NC, and Surround

This topic contains 72 replies, has 18 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of zeerf zeerf 1 year, 8 months ago.

Viewing 30 posts - 31 through 60 (of 73 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of DiznNC
    DiznNC
    Participant

Anybody else?

Looking for guys that might want to split gas/ hotel expenses in May/June time frame?

CTT 1505, NODF 1505, CP 1503, LN 1, RC II, Rifleman

Profile photo of Max Velocity
    Max
    Keymaster

I’m in Sampson County and commute to Bragg during the week. I would like to have a training partner in the area that would be able to meet and train at least weekly.

Profile photo of SneakyPete
    sneakypete
    Participant

PAP1776, there are a couple of usin northeast NC, up near Moyock, NC just over the VA/NC line. It looks like you might be about a 90 min drive from here. We ought to see about meeting sometime. We recently had a group of 7 from our area attend Max’s CTT class.

Max
    Keymaster

That’d be cool. I’m attending a CRG pistol class Haw River in May.

Max
    Keymaster

Wow – I posted on this thread just shy of a year ago. Not much progress since then, training wise.

As noted, there are a few of us here in the Raleigh-Durham area. Various levels of abilities, but all could use a lot more training – especially together.

Keep your powder dry,
    Atlas Shrug

Profile photo of Hambone
    Hambone
    Participant

EGSMachine, I’m over in Robeson County. I have not been to any of Max’s classes as of yet. Funds are tight at the moment. If you’d like to meet up, we could try and get together. Seems like it’s tough to get guys together. Also, going to need somewhere to train. Any ideas?

Hamer

Max
    Keymaster

Fayetteville area here, been lurking here for a while finally got around to posting.

Hambone, sounds like we’re close. PM me, we can at least meet up in the locally. I know a local range and am always looking for a training partner.

Profile photo of Hambone
    Hambone
    Participant

Eddie, not sure if you are getting the pm I sent you. But, sounds good to me we need to exchange emails or decide on a location to meet up.

Hamer

Max
    Keymaster

Did this ever pan out? I’m probably at least a few hours from any of you (Western NC), but can and do drive to different parts of the state and would be willing to meet up sometime.

Profile photo of Wild Bill
    Wild Bill
    Participant

I’m in the Western NC area surrounded by the Pisgah National Forest similar to MVT in elevation changes. Plan on taking some of Max’s tactical classes this fall and would like to meet up with others for further training/practice after that.

CTT 1511, LN 1

“I do believe that, where there is only a choice between cowardice and violence, I would advise violence..." - Gandhi

Max
    Keymaster

Oldsnake, not too far from you here.

Wild Bill
    Participant

Great to hear, I’m in the Spruce Pine area.

CTT 1511, LN 1

“I do believe that, where there is only a choice between cowardice and violence, I would advise violence..." - Gandhi

Wild Bill
    Participant

I’m going to bump this thread and see if we can get anything going, seems to be quite a few people scattered around the state.

I agree, a meet and greet would be a good idea, even before we get a place to train. Any suggestions? I have a place in mind around me, which seems to be in the middle of most of you guys. The Nichols Store in Rock Hill, SC, has nice big parking lot, snack bar, not to mention lots of gear.

So Diz since you started this thread and made the suggestion on the location why not pick several dates next month giving us enough time to boil it down to a single date best for the most people.

Remember people the meeting place for the initial get together doesn’t have to be the training area that can be discussed at the meeting. If you don’t think the meeting area is central enough offer an alternative but there seems to be an interest in getting together so let’s make it happen.

CTT 1511, LN 1

Wild Bill
    Participant

With Max’s 2016 training emphasis on team training getting together and developing teams makes even more sense. I think we are all in agreement that when the SHTF being out there on your own without a team will not workout very well. So, maybe it’s time to pick a place and a time :yes:

CTT 1511, LN 1

Profile photo of Tater in SC
    Tater in SC
    Participant

I’m in. Where? When?

Tater

American by birth, Southern by the Grace of God

Wild Bill
    Participant

GREAT that’s one! :good:

If we get a few more responses I’ll post a link to a poll where people can state there preferences as to date and time; then it will be a matter of picking a good location. Suggestions on locations anyone?

CTT 1511, LN 1

Wild Bill
    Participant

If still interested in meeting in the Piedmont Area of NC, and Surround then let’s go ahead and set a day time and place. :good:

I though that next month is far enough out for people to make plans and weekends will probably work best for most people so here is a calendar that lets you show what day and time works best. Also you might want to add a comment saying where you would be coming from so we could hopefully find a place that works for most people.

CTT 1511, LN 1

Profile photo of DiznNC
    DiznNC
    Participant

OK, guys, let’s do this thing. Hit the calendar so we can establish a time/date, then we’ll work on location. I’m thinking somewhere as central as possible, like maybe between Ablemarle and Fayetteville?

It sounds like there’s a few guys here kinda spread out. Maybe we could establish who is closest to who or whatever and get 4-man teams going (like a mutual aid society) and then organize as a CUTT for follow-on training.

Guys this is awesome. I’ve been wanting to do this for ever.

Profile photo of Pinky
    Pinky
    Participant

I might be able to make it. I live west of Richmond. EDIT: F’ville is about 3 hours from here.

Pinky
    jdelong@vt.edu

"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms."
    -- Thomas Jefferson

Wild Bill
    Participant

Okay, looks like the best day(s) for a get together for the most people is Saturday Oct 31st and Saturday November 14th at noon and as Diz pointed out the Ablemarle and Fayetteville area seems central to most. Those that know a good place to meet in either of those areas please PM either Diz or myself.

If we can confirm a place in the next day or so we will go with the 31st if it takes longer to finalize the place then it will be the 14th.

CTT 1511, LN 1

Wild Bill
    Participant

Okay here is the scoop on the Team Planning Meet-up.
    Saturday Oct. 31st at 1300 (1pm)
    Applebees
    517 NC 24/27
    Albemarle, NC
    It is on 24/27 right across from Wal-Mart.

CTT 1511, LN 1

Profile photo of DiznNC
    DiznNC
    Participant

It’s right on NC 24/27 as it rolls through Albemarle; although I think the road may be marked NC 24/27 BYP, you never have to turn off the main road. Anyways, it’s on the North side of the road, just across from Wally world. If you are coming from the east and see a great big pumpkin by the south side of the road, you’ve gone too far. If you are coming from the west and see the “Blue Bay” restaurant, you’ve gone too far.

For those of you I haven’t met, I will have my hat with MVT patch on.

Not to get all officer on ya, but make sure and bring a notebook and pen so you can get info from those you want to get in contact with. I think we might be forming several 4-man teams, based on locations. Not that we can’t all RV at some time later.

Profile photo of DiznNC
    DiznNC
    Participant

Hey good meet you guys. It was good to see all of you again. I think we covered a lot of ground and got a good start on getting together.

I will be contacting each one of you and seeing what we can line up number next.

Thanks for all of you to take the time out and travel to meet again.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

I know this is an old thread but, here goes.

I am in Wilmington NC. I train in E Town about monthly. Now that forum is private, hope we can talk and would like to meet up with anyone in my area.

Chris

Profile photo of zeerf
    zeerf
    Participant

Hey Chris,

If nothing else maybe we can meet someplace between RVA and Wilmington lol. Also thanks for recommending One Second After only a few chapters in and already hooked. Also ordered Patriot Dawn in my last amazon splurge.

Looking into taking CTT yet? I am shooting for November class but still need to clear it with work and get some gear sorted.

On a serious note:
    Hope you find some closer folks to train with.

-Bryan

sneakypete
    Participant

Chris, we may be too far away from you, but I am in the Elizabeth City, NC area near the VA line. It looks like its about a 4 hour drive from you. There is a group of us in the area who are all MVT alumni. We are all preparedness minded and socialize frequently. Unfortunately, it seems all our firearms training tends to be taking courses with Max or the rare ad hoc get togethers to do a 2 man “RTR” drill.

Profile photo of Atlas Shrug
    Atlas Shrug
    Participant

Still here in the Raleigh area.
    Still have not been able to make it to WV for a class at VTC.
    Still have a horribly full schedule.

But I’m still interested….

Keep your powder dry,

Atlas Shrug

Profile photo of infoseek
    wparkinson4
    Participant

I know this is an old thread but, here goes.

I am in Wilmington NC. I train in E Town about monthly. Now that forum is private, hope we can talk and would like to meet up with anyone in my area.

Chris

Welcome Chris!!! :good:

Chris, we may be too far away from you, but I am in the Elizabeth City, NC area near the VA line. It looks like its about a 4 hour drive from you. There is a group of us in the area who are all MVT alumni. We are all preparedness minded and socialize frequently. Unfortunately, it seems all our firearms training tends to be taking courses with Max or the rare ad hoc get togethers to do a 2 man “RTR” drill.

Hey Pete…. I am between you in Chris…and happen to be good friends with Chris.

I have some old posts above under another name… I kinda fell off for a while.. I still would be open to hosting some sort of get together..

WP4

sneakypete
    Participant

WP4, want to discuss this further for sure. I am off to MVT this weekend for a training class, but will get with you on my return. Couple of quick questions, “where is E town” where Chris trains? When you say host a get together, what do you have in mind, social or do you have some land for training?

sneakypete
    Participant

WP4, did you post under the name PAP1776? I am trying to get a clear picture of the flow of this old thread and was wondering if you are the same guy posting about having access to a large land area for training near Washington, NC. If so, would like to try and get an idea of the “realm of the possible” for training. There are a lot of ideas surfaced within my group that we just don’t have the land space to accomodate.

If you are near Washington you aren’t that far from me. I take my cattle down to Pinetown for processing on occasion and was just there in October.

Viewing 30 posts - 31 through 60 (of 73 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.