Small Unit Tactics contact patriot-dawn Patriot Rising

Piedmont Area of NC, and Surround

Home Forums The Lounge The local Meeting Spot Piedmont Area of NC, and Surround

This topic contains 72 replies, has 18 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of zeerf zeerf 1 year, 8 months ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 61 through 73 (of 73 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of infoseek
    wparkinson4
    Participant

WP4, want to discuss this further for sure. I am off to MVT this weekend for a training class, but will get with you on my return. Couple of quick questions, “where is E town” where Chris trains? When you say host a get together, what do you have in mind, social or do you have some land for training?

E town is Elizabethtown the range is actually between there and Roseboro/Salemburg. The guy that runs it can be found on Facebook and is called Recondo Operations Group. As far as my place I think there are lots of possibilities for training. I am limited as to what we can do LIVE but there is plenty of room to move, if you don’t mind NC coastal plain pine forest. I am also open for social meet and greet with some range time. I have 500+ yards of range in my back yard with a berm at 100. Definitely good for some static stuff.. I have a shop where people can camp out indoors if you like.

Having said all that.. I think a meet and greet would be appropriate. A little getting to know you type of meeting. E-city isn’t that far from me.. Look up Belhaven.

WP4, did you post under the name PAP1776? I am trying to get a clear picture of the flow of this old thread and was wondering if you are the same guy posting about having access to a large land area for training near Washington, NC. If so, would like to try and get an idea of the “realm of the possible” for training. There are a lot of ideas surfaced within my group that we just don’t have the land space to accomodate.

If you are near Washington you aren’t that far from me. I take my cattle down to Pinetown for processing on occasion and was just there in October.

Yes I am/was PAP… and we take deer to Acre Station for processing into ground meat.. Approximately how big is your group? I have lots of room… ;-) Just don’t want to raise lots of eyebrows with a LARGE gathering…

WP

Profile photo of SneakyPete
    sneakypete
    Participant

I would probably bring down a max of around 10 people. Yep, Acre Station is where I take the steers. I am bringing one down this month.

wparkinson4
    Participant

Pete… 10 would be good number. My buddy Chris would probably want to come up too and maybe a Medic he took a class with. I have plenty of room in my shop for camping out in.

Profile photo of zeerf
    zeerf
    Participant

I would also like to meet up if we could make the scheduling work out for everyone. Looks to be around 4 hr drive give or take for me. Happy to have ya carpool with me Pinky! :)

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Chris / Clfless / carpenter
    It’s about 3.5hrs for me to Wp4’s place.

Zeerf / Brian ,would be cool if you can come.

Profile photo of Pinky
    Pinky
    Participant

is there a “when” defined?

thanks

"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms."
    -- Thomas Jefferson

wparkinson4
    Participant

No see date as of yet… stand by… :good:

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Hi all,

I’m the corpsman (aka the medic) that took the class with cfless. I’m down to meet. WP4, the range you’re talking about wouldn’t be the one that hosts the Infidel Gunfighter Matches, would it?

wparkinson4
    Participant

Hi all,

I’m the corpsman (aka the medic) that took the class with cfless. I’m down to meet. WP4, the range you’re talking about wouldn’t be the one that hosts the Infidel Gunfighter Matches, would it?

Hey doc good to hear from ya… Chris speaks highly of you :good: that carries a lot of weight in my opinion.

No I don’t know where that is. This is just some “land” I have access to. You will see. Chris can give you details.

WP

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

For anyone interested, Wparkinson4 (fappy), st4t3s (doc), and I (carpenter) are going to be at Range 37 on Dec 3 for the Gauntlet Match.

http://gunfighterleague.com << link to event

Doc shot last month and says it’s good training day, so we a going to give it a shot, only $35.
    Good bang for the buck training day.

Chris

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Yeah, it is a lot of fun and good training. They bill it as “tactical 3-gun”, and while I hate the gross overuse of that word as much as anyone, it’s true: it’s not run for time so much as for practice (for example, you’re supposed to clear areas as you get to them, you don’t retain mags on speed reloads, etc). I’ll take some GoPro footage and share it with the class afterward.

Profile photo of Jack Moses
    Jack Moses
    Participant

I am in Charlotte, NC. Please post if there will be any training in the future.

CTT/ NODF April 2016 /CQB May 2017/ HEAT2 April 2018

Profile photo of zeerf
    zeerf
    Participant

Jack,
    I am up in VA now but moved up here from South CLT area (about 5 min from Carowinds). Happy to make the drive down that way if you guys get something going. With work/fam Obviously the more notice I have the more likely. I know it is a good hike but also have met up with another from the forums here in RVA area if you are ever up this way.

Viewing 13 posts - 61 through 73 (of 73 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.